Positivity thread (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Fantastic start and an unexpected result for me i will admit,, but that does not make me or anyone else lack knowledge of the game who thought the same.

Even after this result my opinion is still the same,,, the squad needs help and i have no doubt it will change throughout the season. TM will be bringing a few more in yet,, so lets see where we are after 10 games and see how the squad is looking before claiming anyone on here is the next Jose...
Yea but just think how good we will be when Mowbray gets his signings in, booked my double trip to Wembley already

stupot07

The glass half empty crowd who are always expecting or predicting the worse (or close to worse) possible outcome.

So basically anyone who hasn't predicted top 6 and 4-0 win every week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Ashdown

Whooooah steady on geezers. That was excellent today and I loved it, restored a good chunk of faith and I now hope we can draw with Millwall before the Crewe game. Some amazing positives on the pitch, a 'profitable' crowd and a lovely sunny day.
As for laying in to the realists/pessimists from pre season.....that would be as hypocritical as laying into the optimists after one match and a defeat. Can't we all just enjoy it ?

Positives: Lovely day, Mowbray, Adam Armstrong, Johnson, Ricketts, ale, blocks 15-19, the Wigan supports contribution to our much needed revenue, more sunshine, more ale !!
Negatives: ...............Err, some wasp tried to sup my beer in the Bull and Anchor, cheeky bugger !

PUSB !!!!

wingy

The glass half empty crowd who are always expecting or predicting the worse (or close to worse) possible outcome.

It's human nature that not all can see positive outcomes In all aspects of life.
They are just opinions on the Internet.
TBF your analysis as righ..
A'll the pressure was always going to be on them.
Help me out here but Caldwell did commit suicide by going 3 at the back on 55mins didn't he? We were home from that point IMO.

SkyBlue_Bear83

So basically anyone who hasn't predicted top 6 and 4-0 win every week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
No people who unfairly criticised the transfers we have brought in, people who kept moaning about the lack of activity and were panicking because we hadn't signed some shit, past it striker already, people who said we won't score goals (could have scored 5 today) and people who had us down as relegation candidates based on some meaningless preseason game.

tbh the thread is a bit silly but today does really show the massive overreaction to preseason. Most of my comments are tongue in cheek mirroring the massive overreaction on here over the last few weeks.

Last edited:

Astute

For those that can't remember about the negativity.....myself and many others took enough comments about the players we have not being good enough, our forwards not good enough, 18 year olds being too young and desperate to sign strikers.

Yes our squad needs more players to do any good this season. We have even had questions about SISU not backing TM so he can do his job. We need to forget the past with SISU in a way of backing the manager. TM is now in control and is bringing in the players he wants without panic signings. Everything isn't perfect but we are a lot better off than last season. Most of the deadwood is gone. Exciting times could be with us. Just a shame that Armstrong isn't our player.

stupot07

commit suicide by going 3 at the back on 55mins didn't he? We were home from that point IMO.

Yep. He made the mistake of playing 1 up top, then to try and rectify it he went 3 at the back. They were missing directness, it was all passing for the sake of passing at time. Surprised he didn't put Odelusi on.

skybluedan

I reckon we should all get our webcams on together and have a communal wank ? Anyone up for it ?

Astute

Yep. He made the mistake of playing 1 up top, then to try and rectify it he went 3 at the back. They were missing directness, it was all passing for the sake of passing at time. Surprised he didn't put Odelusi on.

Playing the way of the divisions above us. They will soon learn.

Users who are viewing this thread