Positivity thread (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Hahahahaha!!!!!!! Where are you all negative people today. Kindly please admit you know nothing about football and acknowledge that is now a certainty we will win the league with 100 points.

Job, Maddison, Lameiras, Armstrong, Tudgay and Swanson won't score 20 goals combined this season I was told.

st john

I know its only one game, (albeit against one of the most fancied teams) but if today's performance is anything to go by Armstrong will tear this league apart.

Otis

I know its only one game, (albeit against one of the most fancied teams) but if today's performance is anything to go by Armstrong will tear this league apart.

Not sure we can be reliant on the lad for the whole season, but he does look a real gem, especially at this level. Great energy, tremendous pace and an a real eye for goal.

rupert_bear

Immense performance today, best player ? Reda Johnson a colossus at the back, followed by Vincelot and of course Armstrong Add quality to that team and we will be serious challengers imo

Adam08

I'm pretty sure we can't be reliant on the lad for the whole season either - seeing as he's only here for half of it!

CCFC_Charlie

Immense performance today, best player ? Reda Johnson a colossus at the back, followed by Vincelot and of course Armstrong Add quality to that team and we will be serious challengers imo

I thought Ricketts was better than Johnson personally. Some incredible tackles and interceptions.

Covstar

I wasn't one of the 'negative people' before today but don't get too ahead of yourself pal. Yes today was a great win against the league favourites and Armstrong showed his worth already on his debut however we still need a couple more strikers to take some of the load off Armstrong and a winger to help with much needed competition in those departments to stay strong throughout the season.

I have full faith in TM and his philosophy of waiting for the right players to come along rather than rush and sign any old player that expresses his desire to sign for us and I believe with a few more decent signings we could well be a force to be reckoned with this season.

Astute

Armstrong will get 20 before he leaves

If he keeps it up I can see him being with us all season. He has come to us for game time, but this will be a massive confidence boost. I can only see him going back if we don't do well and he doesn't keep up with good performances.....and his own club doesn't need him.

stupot07

What constitutes negative? We played some great stuff today but there's still another 45 games to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

45 more chances to win

Or to draw or to lose. Not being negative it was amazing today, but let's not get ahead ourselves. Feet on the ground and go again. Better to judge when we've played 10-15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

LJC_CCFC

Apply the same approach and performance to the other 45 games and we should be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

Despite deploying an unfamiliar system - which admittedly couldn't have been easy on the players - Wigan still had a lot of quality on the pitch today, and yet we were much the better side.

In theory the opposition only gets easier from here on in.

Hobo

A good building block today. Played like a team and battled for each other. There will be tougher opposition than Wigan and Wigan will be stronger as the season goes on.

But the boys on the pitch and the fans in the seats done well.

skybluebeduff

What gets me is why absolute tools like the op can't just enjoy a win in the sunshine, without instantly thinking lets gloat towards fans who were wrong.

Get a grip ffs.

covmark

What gets me is why absolute tools like the op can't just enjoy a win in the sunshine, without instantly thinking lets gloat towards fans who were wrong.

Get a grip ffs.
Tbf if we'd lost you wouldn't have been able to move for I told you so gloaters.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Get a grip ffs.

Its only ok to gloat when the outcome is a positive one, that is the first rule of gloating. Yes I will happily gloat that we won when 90% of people on here were suicidal after meaningless preseason games.

Macca

I'm positive that was a great win and super positive that we have more than our fair share of point scoring bellends who see the football as secondary

lifeskyblue

Couldn't have asked for more from any of the players today. They knew their jobs from front to back and all gave 100%. Wigan were not as good as I expected them to be but we put a lot of pressure on them at times by pressing the ball. Later in the game when they had a lot of the ball we let them come on to us but always looks to be in control as we snuffed out their attacks.
Up front we looked exciting and could have scored a couple more and at the back looked strong and secure...not sure though how we would cope with pace. For me though midfield of fleck and Vincelot were superb in breaking up Wigan play and setting up our lads.
Best thing though today was the belief in the players and that filtered to us fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macca

Who are these point scoring bellends you speak of?

I'd point you to the thread we are posting on Poirot.

We won, against a side who people are tipping for promotion. I'm delighted and amused that people want to turn a great day into a wang waving contest about who was right or wrong, who fucking cares.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'd point you to the thread we are posting on Poirot.

We won, against a side who people are tipping for promotion. I'm delighted and amused that people want to turn a great day into a wang waving contest about who was right or wrong, who fucking cares.
Sorry if I upset you with my fantastic knowledge of the game, I'm just really happy the majority were wrong. Aren't you?

All I've read the last 4 weeks is people consistently saying how shit we will do this season which angers me far more than you are now reading this thread.

Macca

Sorry if I upset you with my fantastic knowledge of the game, I'm just really happy the majority were wrong. Aren't you?

All I've read the last 4 weeks is people consistently saying how shit we will do this season which angers me far more than you are now reading this thread.

It's clearly been a tough 4 weeks for you

wingy

It Isn't a majority, Its a few people on here.
Perspective.

Macca

A lone voice of reason whilst everyone else were panicking and losing there shit. Don't know how I made it through tbh.

Quite frankly anybody that was panicking or "losing their shit" over an impending football season probably needs to get a grip

Chipfat

Fantastic start and an unexpected result for me i will admit,, but that does not make me or anyone else lack knowledge of the game who thought the same.

Even after this result my opinion is still the same,,, the squad needs help and i have no doubt it will change throughout the season. TM will be bringing a few more in yet,, so lets see where we are after 10 games and see how the squad is looking before claiming anyone on here is the next Jose...

Last edited:

skybluebeduff

What happens if we lose the next 5 games?

(drum roll...high hat...tish)

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm still not sure what the definition of 'negative' is?

The glass half empty crowd who are always expecting or predicting the worse (or close to worse) possible outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread