Positives thread (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

It is a bit too much doom and gloom, we didn't lose after all. Feel free to add yours...

1. Walker's movement
2. Our best passers being capable of finding 1
3. Mccallum's defensive solidity
4. Hyam looking quite assured
5. Dabo on his way back

Skyblueweeman

It is a bit too much doom and gloom, we didn't lose after all. Feel free to add yours...

1. Walker's movement
5. Dabo on his way back

Only caught a bit tonight. Didnt think Dabo looked great from what I saw but agree with the rest.

cc84cov

1. Walker's movement
5. Dabo on his way back
Your listing stuff that should be happening anyway hardly positive

larry_david

Dabo back admitiidly awful but it's what needs to happen.
Clean sheet
Walker looks so much sharper than aa month ago
Jobello on the bench
No Hamer or osti yellow
I've mixed saambuca and orange squash and it's interesting
I'm running half marathon tomorrow and I'm pissed
Brum have several more points than us and they looked fucking dire so they must have beaten someone

87 n all that

Juke doing his former club a favour by missing his chances.

A point and a clean sheet.

walker looks like he can cause defences problems.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Agreed FP. Plenty of positives to take from the game and still players not yet playing at their best/out injured.

No need to panic just yet.

Liquid Gold

Agreed FP. Plenty of positives to take from the game and still players not yet playing at their best/out injured.

No need to panic just yet.
Bit we’re a quarter of the season down already. I’m not trying to be difficult, when do we need to panic because to me I’m worried that we’re already in need of a run of wins to pull away from the relegation group.

Londonccfcfan

1. Walker's movement
5. Dabo on his way back

There seemed to be a plan b, the starting system, lots of positives overall.

SlowerThanPlatt

Kelly getting 90 minutes under his belt
Marosi showing improved handling
Players willing to stand in despite carrying injuries (Walker and Dabo)

Wouldn’t say the last one is a positive. Dabo has already had a set back from his injury, a long term one and we’re really in trouble

KenilworthSkyBlue

Bit we’re a quarter of the season down already. I’m not trying to be difficult, when do we need to panic because to me I’m worried that we’re already in need of a run of wins to pull away from the relegation group.

This season, there's little point in looking at the table until after Christmas, especially when you factor in our extended lay-off due to last season's curtailment, injury woes and our difficult start to the campaign.

It's going to be difficult this season there's no doubt, I think that was an inevitability which many posters refused to accept at the beginning of the campaign, but if we cut the mistakes and start being a bit braver going forward then I think we'll be fine.

Liquid Gold

This season, there's little point in looking at the table until after Christmas, especially when you factor in our extended lay-off due to last season's curtailment, injury woes and our difficult start to the campaign.

It's going to be difficult this season there's no doubt, I think that was an inevitability which many posters refused to accept at the beginning of the campaign, but if we cut the mistakes and start being a bit braver going forward then I think we'll be fine.
But we were playing well in the 352, just making mistakes. Then we chuck that in the bin and put in a terrible performance against one of the worst teams we’ve played.

I hope you’re right and come Christmas we’re mid table. I can’t express concern though because that makes me a bed wetter to some.

Paxman II

Lots of positives. Mcfaz typical display of guts and valour and no mistakes.
But if i have to be critical then it's Shippers at times looking lost at this level, and O'Hare still not influential enough in games at this level. Sheaf flatters at times but seems to have one suicide pass in him each game. Hamer not as commited as before, maybe afraid of those yellows?
These need working on.

KenilworthSkyBlue

But we were playing well in the 352, just making mistakes. Then we chuck that in the bin and put in a terrible performance against one of the worst teams we’ve played.

I hope you’re right and come Christmas we’re mid table. I can’t express concern though because that makes me a bed wetter to some.

That's the issue though. We were playing well but the mistakes were costing us two goals per game. It was non-sensical to continue utilising it game after game, especially against teams who are serious threats going forward - refer to Bournemouth/Watford/Brentford.

You're not a bed wetter if you express concern now. But I think we all have to accept that it's going to be a rough ride this season. I'd be astounded if we were anywhere near mid-table by the end of the season, let by alone Christmas.

SeaSeeEffCee

Lots of positives. Mcfaz typical display of guts and valour and no mistakes.
But if i have to be critical then it's Shippers at times looking lost at this level, and O'Hare still not influential enough in games at this level. Sheaf flatters at times but seems to have one suicide pass in him each game. Hamer not as commited as before, maybe afraid of those yellows?
These need working on.
You appear to have the exact opposite idea of the purpose of the 'positives thread'

Mucca Mad Boys

In our 12 games, we’ve played most of the top 8. By all accounts, we’ve had a disproportionately difficult start.

Today was a decent result considering our run, but we’ve got fixtures coming up that we need points from if we’re to for be ourselves a chance of survival.

Liquid Gold

That's the issue though. We were playing well but the mistakes were costing us two goals per game. It was non-sensical to continue utilising it game after game, especially against teams who are serious threats going forward - refer to Bournemouth/Watford/Brentford.

You're not a bed wetter if you express concern now. But I think we all have to accept that it's going to be a rough ride this season. I'd be astounded if we were anywhere near mid-table by the end of the season, let by alone Christmas.
But when you say ‘I like the formation, we’re playing well, but the mistakes are unacceptable and we’re chucking games away’ people say ‘calm down, you don’t think Robins is going to sort that out’.

Then you say ‘We shouldn’t have changed that formation, it made us worse and we offered nothing. I worry if we can’t perform in these games’ you get ‘stop moaning all the time for fuck sake.

You can’t win, I’m trying to be objective about this and see where our improvements can come from. I sincerely believe we’re better than we’re showing.

Reactions: mds

Users who are viewing this thread