Positive News for the Academy - Wasps pull out of Higgs (1 Viewer)

Astute

Can anyone remember what this thread was about?

chickentikkamasala

giphy.gif

So let me clear this up.....

You are only a 'supporter' if you post in the CCFC section?

You are only a 'supporter' if you go to games?

You are only a supporter if you post regular?

This is a CCFC forum but includes a wide range of other 'topics' including a Wasps section but if you venture into the CCFC part and only post elsewhere you are exempt from being a CCFC supporter?

What you type is only credible if you back it up? this appears to be an agenda by a couple of individuals recently

Is it acceptable to place in a public area information that is only available regarding individuals and when they signed up for accounts by people with Administrator rights, then use this information to publicly attack and make accusations against individuals, despite providing no evidence? but the accusers demand evidence and then make accusations without proof., if the information was provided the ICO and DPA alarm bells would be ringing, maybe any accusations of duplicate accounts should be handled in a more professional way, PM? accounts and multiple accounts should be handled in private regardless if they do not reply to PM's and not in public forums as you or anyone else for that matter cannot back accusations up without breaching data protection.

Moff

giphy.gif

This is a CCFC forum but includes a wide range of other 'topics' including a Wasps section but if you venture into the CCFC part and only post elsewhere you are exempt from being a CCFC supporter?

What you type is only credible if you back it up? this appears to be an agenda by a couple of individuals recently

Is it acceptable to place in a public area information that is only available regarding individuals and when they signed up for accounts by people with Administrator rights, then use this information to publicly attack and make accusations against individuals, despite providing no evidence? but the accusers demand evidence and then make accusations without proof., if the information was provided the ICO and DPA alarm bells would be ringing, maybe any accusations of duplicate accounts should be handled in a more professional way, PM? accounts and multiple accounts should be handled in private regardless if they do not reply to PM's and not in public forums as you or anyone else for that matter cannot back accusations up without breaching data protection.

No one has said the above, its just arguments about it. I think you will find there are posters both sides of the fence who argue that information is only credible if backed up.

How is it breaching data protection saying a pseudonym account may have had another pseudonym account. No private data has been given, no personal information, therefore no data breached.

chickentikkamasala

No one has said the above, its just arguments about it. I think you will find there are posters both sides of the fence who argue that information is only credible if backed up.

How is it breaching data protection saying a pseudonym account may have had another pseudonym account. No private data has been given, no personal information, therefore no data breached.
To back up the allegation of multiple accounts would possibly breach data protection, so as the poster often asks for evidence when others post, but can make accusations to others when suspecting multiple accounts whilst providing no evidence. Only his administrative rights.

chickentikkamasala

Just to type something credible and back it up, in case anyone forgot where we were, Wasps have pulled out of the Higgs ;)

YOUR reaction to Wasps pulling out of Higgs site
On the subject of Wasps, my own opinion is they are no better than Sisu, I personally do not want them in my town. If you like to pay and watch Rugby (i only played it) then go and watch a perfectly good team that has been in Coventry since 1874 CRFC (back up by link regarding date o_O). also had grandfathers that played for CRFC myself included for a number of seasons.

CCFC54321

On the subject of Wasps, my own opinion is they are no better than Sisu, I personally do not want them in my town. If you like to pay and watch Rugby (i only played it) then go and watch a perfectly good team that has been in Coventry since 1874 CRFC (back up by link regarding date o_O). also had grandfathers that played for CRFC myself included for a number of seasons.
Well said!

Nick

Administrator
giphy.gif

What evidence do you want for duplicate accounts? The forum has software that detects it in a variety of ways, none of them break any data protection. The forum doesnt ask for any information other than an email address, and you can't use it more than once so there would be no point going off that. Most of the facts I have used are public information too.

The issue is more when somebody only wants to use the forum to blow smoke up wasps arse, without any interest in ccfc in the slightest.

I used his own words about no longer being interested in football.

Of course if people make statements and say things they should at least be able to try to back them up, that's life. If I say something about you, or make a statement then surely people can ask about it? If I say "I don't know how but I just know" it shows how credible something is compared to when people can back things up.

letsallsingtogether

giphy.gif

No wrong again.
Your only a supporter if I say so....;)

Astute

Even this isn't always true. Some will argue black is white when you show the evidence that black is black.

dongonzalos

Just out of interest.
Why do they doing so many free tickets compared to us.
We get 50% of the food at our games don’t we?

Captain Dart

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Just a couple of quick points to pick up on

The bonds are designed to be traded. At the moment whether they are sold/traded or not is not relevant to Wasps Holdings, because their concern is only how they are repaid in 2022. Until then the bond holders trade away from the Wasps Group. If for example 100K of bonds are traded in the month the total in issue still remains at £35m. That 100K represents 0.285% of the total in issue so some quite big numbers actually represent a small fraction of the bond total . For a trade to happen there must be someone willing to sell and someone willing to buy............ presently investors are still willing to pay over face value by around 4%

Because of the average spend per head being £6.32 for rugby crowds then an extra 12800 people attending, even for free, could bring Wasps in around £80k or a similar figure to the current average CCFC paying attendance. The incentive to give out free tickets is not the same for CCFC under current circumstances as CCFC receive a 50:50 split of any F&B profit (roughly in 2015 & 16 15% of turnover we are told) ............... given the crowd sizes now is there a profit to split this season? Plus bigger crowds mean bigger costs for CCFC as more of the stadium is opened up so free tickets could actually be a drain on CCFC. Of course some of the incentive to give out free tickets for both teams is to create a better atmosphere and to encourage engagement

Last edited:

Hobo

You don't understand the difference between "less free tickets" and no free tickets do you?

Let's face it Coventry City give away free tickets....it is good marketing. It turned me into a fan for life 46 years ago.

Nick

Administrator
You don't understand the difference between "less free tickets" and no free tickets do you?

Let's face it Coventry City give away free tickets....it is good marketing. It turned me into a fan for life 46 years ago.

I do, but if giving away 2 free for every council employee and 4,000 for another game is less than before then how many were they giving away then?

Londonccfcfan

Even from free tickets they are making money;

1) Car parking.
2) Merchandising sales from club shop.
3) Food and Beverage sales
4) Potential returning customer.

dongonzalos

Is this not correct then .....

CCFC retaining 100 per cent of ticket sales revenue.

The club also receives a slice of income from car parking and half of food and drink sales on matchdays?

So if we managed to give away extra free tickets if they bought food and drink would we not get 50%

dongonzalos

Just a couple of quick points to pick up on

The bonds are designed to be traded. At the moment whether they are sold/traded or not is not relevant to Wasps Holdings, because their concern is only how they are repaid in 2022. Until then the bond holders trade away from the Wasps Group. If for example 100K of bonds are traded in the month the total in issue still remains at £35m. That 100K represents 0.285% of the total in issue so some quite big numbers actually represent a small fraction of the bond total . For a trade to happen there must be someone willing to sell and someone willing to buy............ presently investors are still willing to pay over face value by around 4%

Because of the average spend per head being £6.32 for rugby crowds then an extra 12800 people attending, even for free, could bring Wasps in around £80k or a similar figure to the current average CCFC paying attendance. The incentive to give out free tickets is not the same for CCFC under current circumstances as CCFC receive a 50:50 split of any F&B profit (roughly in 2015 & 16 15% of turnover we are told) ............... given the crowd sizes now is there a profit to split this season? Plus bigger crowds mean bigger costs for CCFC as more of the stadium is opened up so free tickets could actually be a drain on CCFC. Of course some of the incentive to give out free tickets for both teams is to create a better atmosphere and to encourage engagement

Ah got it, cheers

CCFC54321

Let’s be honest, if your giving free tickets away it means one thing only and your struggling to pull people in.

Yes you might pull the odd supporter in now and again but if your interested your a supporter anyway and just saving yourself the cost of a ticket. Also, who buys food, drink, merchandise and park your car really when your there? Not a great deal. Three seasons of giving thousands of tickets each game in my opinion isn’t working.

I was told there year on year league attendances have decreased. If true then that’s an interesting stat.

Captain Dart

I do, but if giving away 2 free for every council employee and 4,000 for another game is less than before then how many were they giving away then?
If giving tickets away destroys their income won't it be OK by you?

Captain Dart

Is this not correct then .....

CCFC retaining 100 per cent of ticket sales revenue.

The club also receives a slice of income from car parking and half of food and drink sales on matchdays?

So if we managed to give away extra free tickets if they bought food and drink would we not get 50%

I'll say it again as you are a bit slow, the club gets ~15% of F&B turnover, so does Wasps, the remaining 70% is part income & part costs for service partners Compass who run the catering, it is up to them to make their profit from that part.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread