Positive News for the Academy - Wasps pull out of Higgs (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
So who are all these funny ones that have been banned?
You only mention posters who don't agree with your views.
You really need to find another line Nick "made up stuff"
That' your arguement for everything.
I made nothing up only ever report what Iv'e heard, some came true some havent others have yet to run there course.
But hey what ever makes you happy.

I keep saying made up stuff to you because you throw things out there and never back any of it up....

You seem to know everything, you tell me?

peeler

So who are all these funny ones that have been banned?
You only mention posters who don't agree with your views.
You really need to find another line Nick "made up stuff"
That' your arguement for everything.
I made nothing up only ever report what Iv'e heard, some came true some havent others have yet to run there course.
But hey what ever makes you happy.

I've never quite understood Nick.
I wonder what he's like in real life? Probably quite normal, but on here he comes across as very spiteful.

peeler

I won't name specifics ;)

But I've met a few from on here IRL - mostly only the once. They probably all think I'm a total cock :D but tbh, I've yet to meet anybody I wouldn't buy a pint for.

It's a bit like people who cut you up in a car, if you met the same person on foot entering a pub door they would more than likely say "after you".

peeler

Still no answer to the previous things then?

I don't know the answer, I'm not a financial expert or have any knowledge of football accounting.
However, it is my personal opinion that, not all the money generated by CCFC is used by CCFC to run the club, I feel sure (once again a personal opinion) that some of it is making it's way to SISU.

Nick

Administrator
I don't know the answer, I'm not a financial expert or have any knowledge of football accounting.
However, it is my personal opinion that, not all the money generated by CCFC is used by CCFC to run the club, I feel sure (once again a personal opinion) that some of it is making it's way to SISU.

So you have formed this opinion on no knowledge so it prevents you from going to watch the club you say you support / the club you also say you aren't interested in any more.

That's convenient isn't it?

dongonzalos

Your own comments discredit you enough and point out your hypocrisy. You won't go again, but then go when there's a bit of positivity then stop.

You say you can't go because the money isn't going to ccfc, you didn't answer the question about who pays the players wages though?

I quote one of yours here:

What is it to be, you are interested in CCFC or you aren't?

You do keep mentioning his multiple accounts though. When you did mention it and I read it I thought, oh right so he is one of these PR people Nick has been hinting about or someone with a hidden agenda.
Then the explanation comes out which sounds very reasonable and the fact that you already knew his explanation.
It’s a bit naughty to put the inference out there about multiple accounts, when in reality it’s just you don’t like his opinion so you are smearing him.

Captain Dart

I've never quite understood Nick.
I wonder what he's like in real life? Probably quite normal, but on here he comes across as very spiteful.
Very driven in a myopic way.

Nick

Administrator
You do keep mentioning his multiple accounts though. When you did mention it and I read it I thought, oh right so he is one of these PR people Nick has been hinting about or someone with a hidden agenda.
Then the explanation comes out which sounds very reasonable and the fact that you already knew his explanation.
It’s a bit naughty to put the inference out there about multiple accounts, when in reality it’s just you don’t like his opinion so you are smearing him.

Then it also depends if you think it was the case that he genuinely just forgot his password. I am pretty sure for somebody who claims to work in IT they could have resolve the issue easy enough.

Nothing to do of course with the fact at the very same time "Peeler" signed up there was a thread about Wasps getting planning permission at the Higgs and an infamous one about Boycotting Wasps where there were a fair few signing up just for that thread ;) It just depends if you think the one before him was called "Covrugby" (Who was actually a Wasps fan pretending to be from Cov Rugby) and the one just after was called "rugga bugga" and that they all just wanted to post on Wasps threads is dodgy or not?

Last edited:

Grendel

Then it also depends if you think it was the case that he genuinely just forgot his password. I am pretty sure for somebody who claims to work in IT they could have resolve the issue easy enough.

Nothing to do of course with the fact at the very same time "Peeler" signed up there was a thread about Wasps getting planning permission at the Higgs and an infamous one about Boycotting Wasps where there were a fair few signing up just for that thread ;)

Has poor old Armybike got “technical issues” again I wonder?

NorthernWisdom

Tbf. I don't think I have seen Peeler post on any other subject but wasps and threads about wasps, well if he has, he's certainly nowhere as prolific than on this subject, so I can see where Nicks coming from.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
tbf if he's supported CCFC in the 70s, I'd like to hear his memories of that.

Just not sure it helps to go round in circles with the catcalling. It's a bit like when those who went to Sixfields were rounded on, that was pretty mental.

Personally I think if he doesn't go to watch CCFC because of SISU and how they run the club... then fair enough. He ain't alone in that, even if it's just because we're a bit shit. Find it amazingly strange if he doesn't watch CCFC, CRFC, *but* watches Wasps... that seems utter madness.

But there are enough solid arguments why it's utter madness to do that, that we can play the ball and not the man... aren't there? Let's face it, if that is his position, he's in a pretty big minority!

Nick

Administrator

Just not sure it helps to go round in circles with the catcalling. It's a bit like when those who went to Sixfields were rounded on, that was pretty mental.

Personally I think if he doesn't go to watch CCFC because of SISU and how they run the club... then fair enough. He ain't alone in that, even if it's just because we're a bit shit. Find it amazingly strange if he doesn't watch CCFC, CRFC, *but* watches Wasps... that seems utter madness.

But there are enough solid arguments why it's utter madness to do that, that we can play the ball and not the man... aren't there? Let's face it, if that is his position, he's in a pretty big minority!

There is nothing stopping him from posting on the CCFC threads with his memories or creating one.... ;)

He get's called out because he is a poor man's Dale Evans with saying some of the stuff he does and says that contradicts the other moralistic stuff he has posted. He also inputs nothing other than jumping onto threads with the mention of Wasps.

peeler

So you have formed this opinion on no knowledge so it prevents you from going to watch the club you say you support / the club you also say you aren't interested in any more.

That's convenient isn't it?

So I'm not allowed to form my own opinions?

Dongonzalos, he clearly doesn't like my opinions, he's trying to intimidate me off the forum, he does this in a variety of ways even stalking my twitter account for anything he can find.
I think he'd like me to stop posting but I'm still here.

Just because I'm not going to matches, doesn't mean to say my passion for my home town team isn't still there, it's just covered in dust at the moment, I'll be back supporting the club financially when I feel happy to do so.

For the record, I was born in Burlington Road, just off Swan Lane, I went to Frederick Bird school until 1966, just a stones throw from Highfield Road. We moved to Copesewood, in 1966 and I went to Binley Juniors then Binley Park Senior school. My father had no interest in football, so it was my sister who took me to my first game in 1969 Sky Blues vs Newcastle Utd, we won 1-0 Ernie Hunt penalty into the West End. From that point onwards I was hooked. Left school in 1975, I got my first season ticket about 1979, went to all FA CUP winning games, was walking down Wembley way at 8:30am in 1987, stood next to a tree at Sutton United on a grassy bank they called a terrace, was there at West Ham in 1981, Reading in the Simod Cup, I've followed them to nearly every ground in the 80's when I was in my 20's. I could go on and on.

Despite all this Nick does not regard me as a fan, basically because I'm not willing to support SISU in the destruction of my Sky Blues.

Nick

Administrator
Who has said you need to support SISU in any way, shape or form?

I am only using your words when you made yet another big moralistic statement about not being interested in football. When you say things I just used your own words against you to point our contradictions, if you don't like it then don't contradict yourself.

You only post opinions on Wasps threads to reply to, try posting things about CCFC and people probably would agree with you on bits.

dongonzalos

Nothing to do of course with the fact at the very same time "Peeler" signed up there was a thread about Wasps getting planning permission at the Higgs and an infamous one about Boycotting Wasps where there were a fair few signing up just for that thread ;) It just depends if you think the one before him was called "Covrugby" (Who was actually a Wasps fan pretending to be from Cov Rugby) and the one just after was called "rugga bugga" and that they all just wanted to post on Wasps threads is dodgy or not?

Well he said it was an old account on an old email address that he no longer used.
To me the quickest option to him is set up a new account on his current details.
Grendel did similar didn’t he when he used to be Kduffy?

The rest of what you said and I maybe confusing things is that at the time he signed up there was a thread about Wasps.
Well you have said he always posts on those threads so maybe he wanted to post on it and couldn’t log in?

Are you saying the person who signed up before peeler signed up turned out to be dodgy?

So basically is it that he signed up the same day as two people who were Wasps fans and he predominantly posts on Wasps related threads?

dongonzalos

So I'm not allowed to form my own opinions?

Dongonzalos, he clearly doesn't like my opinions, he's trying to intimidate me off the forum, he does this in a variety of ways even stalking my twitter account for anything he can find.
I think he'd like me to stop posting but I'm still here.

Just because I'm not going to matches, doesn't mean to say my passion for my home town team isn't still there, it's just covered in dust at the moment, I'll be back supporting the club financially when I feel happy to do so.

For the record, I was born in Burlington Road, just off Swan Lane, I went to Frederick Bird school until 1966, just a stones throw from Highfield Road. We moved to Copesewood, in 1966 and I went to Binley Juniors then Binley Park Senior school. My father had no interest in football, so it was my sister who took me to my first game in 1969 Sky Blues vs Newcastle Utd, we won 1-0 Ernie Hunt penalty into the West End. From that point onwards I was hooked. Left school in 1975, I got my first season ticket about 1979, went to all FA CUP winning games, was walking down Wembley way at 8:30am in 1987, stood next to a tree at Sutton United on a grassy bank they called a terrace, was there at West Ham in 1981, Reading in the Simod Cup, I've followed them to nearly every ground in the 80's when I was in my 20's. I could go on and on.

Despite all this Nick does not regard me as a fan, basically because I'm not willing to support SISU in the destruction of my Sky Blues.

Sounds like a true skyblue to me.

There are all sorts of people with all sorts of different opinions on this forum.
There are Cov fans in Coventry who also support Wasps.
There are Cov fans who won’t go anymore whilst we have our current owners.
There are Cov fans who have found other things to do like going to CRFC since Northampton.
There are people who don’t hold Wasps and the Council as cup I ke for our situation.
There are others who think that if you attack our owners you are attacking the club.
That if you don’t hold the council responsible you are very wrong.
If you don’t hate Wasps with a passion you are not really a Cov fan.
That you are not a Cov fan if you don’t attend games.

Sometimes someone’s opinion is so different to yours you can’t believe it to be genuine like RFC for example.
That’s life lots of different opinions doesn’t always mean people are a plant on the site.

Nick

Administrator
No, he signed up when at the time there were multiple people trying to sign up to post on Tony's thread about boycotting Wasps. They were the ones that didn't get automatically blocked as there were a fair few attempts within the space of a few days.

It could just be a massive co-incidence though that he signed up within the space of an hour of 2 other people with Wasps agendas on the same day there are others trying and only wants to post on Wasps threads? I know this is the best site on the internet and everything, but 3 new users in the space of an hour is pretty rare unless something is going on. For them all to only want to try and post on a single thread is also a bit of a massive co-incidence.

They weren't his current details either, it's a temporary throwaway account.

peeler

NW, actually I had no interest in rugby whatsoever, so the idea of going to watch Cov Rugby, never crossed my mind.

peeler

There are all sorts of people with all sorts of different opinions on this forum.
There are Cov fans who have found other things to do like going to CRFC since Northampton.
There are people who don’t hold Wasps and the Council as cup I ke for our situation.
There are others who think that if you attack our owners you are attacking the club.

Sometimes someone’s opinion is so different to yours you can’t believe it to be genuine like RFC for example.
That’s life lots of different opinions doesn’t always mean people are a plant on the site.

Thank you for understanding and you are right, some on here only see it as back and white.

If I was a plant, I'd probably of been sacked by now, I don't have any communication skills, it's an utterly ridiculous suggestion.

peeler

No, he signed up when at the time there were multiple people trying to sign up to post on Tony's thread about boycotting Wasps. They were the ones that didn't get automatically blocked as there were a fair few attempts within the space of a few days.

It could just be a massive co-incidence though that he signed up within the space of an hour of 2 other people with Wasps agendas on the same day there are others trying and only wants to post on Wasps threads? I know this is the best site on the internet and everything, but 3 new users in the space of an hour is pretty rare unless something is going on. For them all to only want to try and post on a single thread is also a bit of a massive co-incidence.

They weren't his current details either, it's a temporary throwaway account.

Nick, here's a few more conspiracy theories you might be interested in

Nick

Administrator

Who said it was a conspiracy? I am just pointing out facts and saying that it must just be one massive co-incidence.

I am clearly mistaken, your posts are all over the CCFC section discussing CCFC and not just targeted to when there is a mention of Wasps. You didn't say that you had no interest in football either.

Glad to see the mistake is cleared up by you completely ignoring everything to post a list of conspiracies as if that is relevant.

Grendel

Stop stirring the pot. It’s so transparent what you are doing it’s pathetic.

peeler

Who said it was a conspiracy? I am just pointing out facts and saying that it must just be one massive co-incidence.

I am clearly mistaken, your posts are all over the CCFC section discussing CCFC and not just targeted to when there is a mention of Wasps. You didn't say that you had no interest in football either.

Glad to see the mistake is cleared up by you completely ignoring everything to post a list of conspiracies as if that is relevant.

Hmm! Clearly no sense of humour either.

Captain Dart

What does that mean for the less informed? People buying the bonds? People selling them?

Please....say anything....just to get this thread back on track from Nick vs Peeler....

IMHO Wasps are not moving into Allard Way and never will in the foreseeable future.
I believe they'll build up a facility at Broadstreet, it will become their defacto permanent home.

Users who are viewing this thread