Portsmouth- what on earth (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Pompey

Why are all the league tables showing them with points? I thought they started the season on -10 for being in admin? Has this been rescinded or are they just choosing not to show it currently?

kg82

The points aren't being taken off until they come out of admin. Just a matter of time!

smileycov

Facebook User
They came to a deal with the Football League, they will be deducted. Not sure what the benefit is, but they come off when out of Admin.

rob9872

Thank you. Presumably it must be a psychology thing so that the players don't get so despondant when they look at what is required.

chiefdave

it's because the points deduction is actually for coming out of admin with a CVA where not all of those owed money were consulted. so as and when they come out of admin the points will come off. they got it as the league weren't happy with the way the new CVA was handled in that none of the people owed from the previous CVA, who haven't yet had a penny, got any say in the most recent CVA. a lot of people down here seem certain the points deduction will never be applied but don't seem to have any valid reason for that.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Won 3-0 today way at Crawley

I know we have all called Appleton a whiny prick but how would we feel if he was to come to Cov?

ccfcway

Fan Quote today !

"Due to the ten point penalty, our ailing club is suffering at a time when we needed any kind of help from friend or foe ,i feel the penalty might now be beneficial for a number of reasons.

One win in the first five games means that in order to stay up we need to win 19 of the last 41 games ,or the equivalent .In effect we are basically out of the competition of league survival."

Only 3 spaces left for us to worry about :)

I'mARealWizard

Isn't life full of surprises. This thread may have more legs than a centipede after today and may return to the main forum
smiley_cheerleader.gif

ccfcway

imagine the press conference at his arrival..

"well, the club is in turmoil, no money, a distinct lack of quality players, crowds dropping, we dont know who the owners are, and I left Pompy for this !"

ccfcway

they are as bad as us at the moment !

They are going to struggle to stay up at this rate, with a 10 point pen still to come,

WillieStanley

Did you hear Appleton on Football Focus? The guys an idiot!

"I've been dealt, if you want to use a cards analogy, it's like I've been dealt a... A hand that I... That's been forced upon me"

What the frig?!

wingy

And so it goes on ,Boa-morte signed ,Akos Buzaky training with them ,we should get in there and poach the second one .

Brighton Sky Blue

Did you hear Appleton on Football Focus? The guys an idiot!

"I've been dealt, if you want to use a cards analogy, it's like I've been dealt a... A hand that I... That's been forced upon me"

What the frig?!

Looking at some of the players they're signing and have on trial they (again) haven't learnt a single sodding thing and that arsehole Appleton's the worst of the lot. Do football a favour and dissolve them and send the newco down to the lowest possible level.

mark82

Looking at some of the players they're signing and have on trial they (again) haven't learnt a single sodding thing and that arsehole Appleton's the worst of the lot. Do football a favour and dissolve them and send the newco down to the lowest possible level.

It's crazy isn't it. In the shit, close to going to the wall and assembling a squad full of household names. Some of them must be on decent money in league 1 terms. If they were all on long term rather than short term deals I bet they would be close to highest wage bill in the league.

skybluedaze

You're right, as a club they've learn't f*ck all. It should never be the case that a team in administration can sign better players than a team trying to manage their debt and as a consequence become an ailing football club. It's almost rewarding total failure.

Brighton Sky Blue

You're right, as a club they've learn't f*ck all. It should never be the case that a team in administration can sign better players than a team trying to manage their debt and as a consequence become an ailing football club. It's almost rewarding total failure.

Yet it still doesn't stop the BBC lavishing sympathy on them every week-'Some much needed relief for long suffering Pompey fans as they beat Scunthorpe'. What utter nonsense; they weren't complaining when they were lapping it up in the PL and at FA Cup finals were they? Far and away the most disliked club on the south coast.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's crazy isn't it. In the shit, close to going to the wall and assembling a squad full of household names. Some of them must be on decent money in league 1 terms. If they were all on long term rather than short term deals I bet they would be close to highest wage bill in the league.

I'm disliking the club more by the week-you wouldn't bet against them being up among the top 10 this season with the players they've cobbled together and all the while all the local businesses and schools get shafted. Appleton should hang his head in shame for even daring to complain.

Stevec189

We can only hope it all backfires on them. I like "with a little bit of backing"statement. Must be he best backed lib in the country with charity and tax payers (that's you and me btw) money! Disgraceful !

PUSB

SuperCov

Am I right in thinking that Pompey are going to get another ten point deduction? I thought I heard Geoff Stelling say it on Soccer Saturday at the weekend. I thought they'd had their deduction last season, or is this for going into admin within again two years? I thought I heard something like that.

Still beggars belief that they're still going with the 'boom and bust' method to get them back to the Premier League.

Sick Boy

I am sure that our upstanding and moralist supports would complain if we were in their position and were doing something similar.

I am not a fan of Appleton, but I had more respect for him than our manager last season, at least Appleton has some backbone and fights his corner for his team for himself and his club.

Users who are viewing this thread