Portsmouth- what on earth (2 Viewers)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I think chiefdave sums it up well. The only reason the FL haven't thrown them is that they don't want to be seen as the ones to blame.

I can't see how the Trust can come up with enough money and in time. Surely the players won't accept 75% less than the agreed payoffs? Chainrai will go to court to get as much as he can back?

Blame game to begin soon methinks...

Sky Blues

I think the league are having to work round the rules as they don't really have anything in place for this kind of situation.

Thanks for the answer chief. This line above just about sums it up for me. The league always seem to be working around their rules for Pompey and that's the main reason why this thread is nearing 1,000 post mark. I think any other team in this division, including us, that was in Pompey's predicament would have been told yesterday "we doubt you can fulfil your fixtures this year, so you can't have your golden share". Maybe the trust can pull it off, and fair play if they can do it without repeating the spiral into administration seen under previous regimes, but looking at those figures you provided, it doesn't look good.

ccfcway

cant afford to pay outstanding debts

cant afford to pay current bills

beings sued by ex players

yet sign 10 players !!

absolute joke that local businesses are getting 2p in the £1

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
If the supporters trust pull it off then fair play to them ........... but the budgets seem to be made on some sweeping assumptions and dont seem to include a big chunk of cost. Doesnt appear to add up to me

Grendel

If the supporters trust pull it off then fair play to them ........... but the budgets seem to be made on some sweeping assumptions and dont seem to include a big chunk of cost. Doesnt appear to add up to me

Agreed. It's a mess. The Football League have made a huge problem for themselves now. Having let them start the season they have to run with it but the finances are such a mess I can see no way out. They should have been liquidated and allowed a Blue Square slot. Now they are like a time bomb which is likely to blow up and create havoc with the fixture list.

chiefdave

Appleton's at it again. He got given a budget to build a squad of 20 players, blew it on 15 and is now moaning that the administrator won't give him more and asking local businesses to give him the money. Would that be the same businesses who lost money every time they went into admin?

He's trying the same trick as last year, refusing to use youth players and then claiming the squad is below the minimum level required by the football league.

rswxite

The whole thing is a joke, they will probably end up being promoted and back in the championship next year!! Personally I hope they get relegated or worse! Joke of a club!

chiefdave

Appleton has already said he wants a squad that can 'rip up League One', no talk of just taking a season or two to stabilise or get a takeover done. Not sure what they have on the league but I’m sure if we were in this position the treatment we’d get would be a lot different.

scroobiustom

3/1 for the win tonight, just saying....

Sick Boy

Appleton has already said he wants a squad that can 'rip up League One', no talk of just taking a season or two to stabilise or get a takeover done. Not sure what they have on the league but I’m sure if we were in this position the treatment we’d get would be a lot different.

Are you a Scouser? Poor, poor us.

This is an utter joke, the FA hould hang their head in shame and take off the pompey glasses, they have let down the 23 other teams by giving them skates special dispensation, :jerkit:

i think maybe luton have a case to sue the fa now for losses for over the top points deductions leading to relegations

skybluedaze

i think maybe luton have a case to sue the fa now for losses for over the top points deductions leading to relegations

I agree. Luton were properly screwed. It's almost like it was some sort of conspiracy to get them out the football league. It's one rule for one. The fa can't suck pompey off enough. Their financial mismanagement was far worse than Lutons, yet because they're deemed to be a so called bigger club, they get special treatment. I don't wish for any club to go out of business, but i do believe in justice, and if Luton deserved to be forced into the Blue Square Premier, Pompey deserve to be a step 7 club.

wingy

Does'nt the maths suggest that as we've taken 3 points ,and they certainly lost yesterday ,at best they would have taken 9 ,therefore be 4 behind us:thinking about::facepalm:

ccfc92

I still dont get how they are allowed to sign a whole squad? why do they have special treatment?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Does'nt the maths suggest that as we've taken 3 points ,and they certainly lost yesterday ,at best they would have taken 9 ,therefore be 4 behind us:thinking about::facepalm:

I haven't really taken notice of their results tbf. Just checked the table. And I'm sure the original table at the start of the season had 'Portsmouth -10*' then a little line at the bottom to explain the *

So no, I haven't done the maths :)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
All their signings are on short-term contracts of a month as that's all they're allowed to do.

Birch has given Portpin and the Trust an extra 2 weeks to finalise their bids.

What happens next is anyone's guess (particularly as the FL are making it up as they go along)...

Users who are viewing this thread