Portsmouth- what on earth (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

the messors now becomes the messiees

takeover not happening at the mo due to concerns about the £1.8 million taken by the administrators !

ccfcway

they have until midday tomroow to sign players otherwise its the youth team that will compete on tuesday night

would be interesting to see how the league treat that, as surely its "devaluing the competition", eve though they have no choice

chiefdave

they have until midday tomroow to sign players otherwise its the youth team that will compete on tuesday night

would be interesting to see how the league treat that, as surely its "devaluing the competition", eve though they have no choice

at what point do the FL pull the plug? they've got a cup match Tuesday and their first league match Sunday and at the moment they have 2 registered players according to their website. they're still in admin and under an embargo the trust bid seems to lack the funds to get off the starting line even with the council loan and the former owner who was lined up doesn't seem keen to takeover.

i was under the impression the FL had to be sure you could complete your fixtures to let you start the season, there'e no way they can be sure of that with Pompey.

ccfcway

if you have a tyouth team, surely you can complete your fixtures ?

Thing is, a lot of their academy have been with them for a couple of years, so if this league is anyweher near as poor as some people are hinting, then surely their youth team would at least be able to compete ?

You do wonder though, 2 registered players, the FL have to at least ask the question,

Nonleagueherewecome

the messors now becomes the messiees

takeover not happening at the mo due to concerns about the £1.8 million taken by the administrators !

Good, I was concerned that it was all working out for them and that by this time next week they'd have a better-and higher paid-squad than us!

Astute

Better paid? Maybe

Better players? Who would want to go to Pompey at the moment?

Nonleagueherewecome

Well most of their triallists are players I'd like here, some of which we've been linked with, but I assume are well out of our reach. Accordingly, get a squad full of that level of quality, and I think they could be top half at least even with the points deduction. I'd rather they have a squad full of youth, as that'd be karma: it's what they should have had last season.

ccfc92

The only thing Pompey have going for them, is they own their ground. And have a regular attendance, which we dont have :thinking about:

Apart from when the big names play us in the cup, and the glory hunters tag along :jerkit:

coundonskyblue

The only thing Pompey have going for them, is they own their ground. And have a regular attendance, which we dont have :thinking about:

Apart from when the big names play us in the cup, and the glory hunters tag along :jerkit:

2011/12 Season Average crowds

Coventry 15118

Portsmouth 15044

Get fed up hearing the crap of what great fans pompey have.

ccfc92

2011/12 Season Average crowds

Coventry 15118

Portsmouth 15044

Get fed up hearing the crap of what great fans pompey have.

I didnt look up exact figures, but I meant at least their ticket sales goes towards the club. not towards rent.

And at least they sell out their ground when their fierce rivals are in town :whistle:

Astute

Pompey don't own their ground. One of their previous owners has possesion of it to cover a large debt.

ccfc92

I do find it ironic that one of the most replied and viewed threads on here is about another club...

Just saying :whistle:

crowsnest

So the administrator wants £1.8m for 6 months work - thats more than most of the players they were trying to get rid of.

Now the administrator will not talk about this payment as "it is inappropriate to conduct confidential negotiations through the media".

Astute

Will they have to go into admin again to write off the debt of going into admin?

ccfcway

So the administrator wants £1.8m for 6 months work - thats more than most of the players they were trying to get rid of.

Now the administrator will not talk about this payment as "it is inappropriate to conduct confidential negotiations through the media".

Ben haims thoughts as well !

mark82

Oh dear, it seems the Pompey transfer/wage budget has been slashed from £4m to £1.5m so they won't be able to sign all the players they have on trial - might be some good players coming back on the market....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19244057

Alway fucking moaning Appleton. What the fuck were they doing going to Spain when they were in administration anyway. They have basically just given 20 random people a free holiday.

coundonskyblue

Appleton was believed to have been promised a budget of £4m for new player acquisitions in May, but that figure has now changed to around £1.5m

I assume this means his wage budget rather than fees?

If not even the idea of Pompey paying for players is a disgrace.

Astute

Sounds like the admin charge and a bit more has been taken from the budget he thought he would get :)

hamil99

Facebook User
Appleton was believed to have been promised a budget of £4m for new player acquisitions in May, but that figure has now changed to around £1.5m

I assume this means his wage budget rather than fees?

If not even the idea of Pompey paying for players is a disgrace.

I read it like transfer fees, really hope not as it would be a total disgrace.. knock'em down 3 leagues like they did rangers that would teach them!

chiefdave

I read it like transfer fees, really hope not as it would be a total disgrace.. knock'em down 3 leagues like they did rangers that would teach them!

given the way we budget I would have assumed common sense would mean wages but everyone down here is talking about Appletons 'war chest' and how much certain players will cost in transfer fees. they're not even out of this administration and they're already planning to overspend again.

PhilWasn'tBabb

Its a bit miss leading, from talking to Portsmouth fans this evening in the pub it is referring to the wages... Whilst I still have a little sympathy for most Portsmouth fans, Appleton is living in another world. The idea that they could get away with offering players better wages than ourselves, given there circumstances was just wrong.

Disregarding the smell issue of 500K in back rent :whistle:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
There was something on BBC South Today earlier, but I didn't catch the whole story. Appleton was yakking about only having £1½ mill but I didn't catch what he said. I'll go on iplayer to see if I can watch again.... brb...

Users who are viewing this thread