Match Thread Portsmouth vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 20th Aug (1 Viewer)

Adge

So how does this support your argument? Look at the second bullet point.

have part of each foot ON the touchline OR on the ground outside the touchline.
Yes the ground “OUTSIDE” the touchline means not on the pitch side! So if you like where the assistant referee stands is the “OUTSIDE” of the touchline.

Ricketts

Trust me-that would be a foul throw. I know this as I am a referee. Maybe the wording needs to be changed as maybe it reads wrongly.
Adge.
(And others)
I am also a referee (no longer officiating). One of the reasons I became a referee was because of the bad decisions I saw, and the mantra that you shouldn't complain if you are not prepared to do it yourself.

Credit for you for doing it, many complain and moan, and don't actually contribute.

Even if your training/interpretation is wrong, you are still contributing for the good far more to the game than (made up statistic) than 99% that are on here.

Happy to meet up and discuss this rather than dig holes. What level/association are you?

Adge

Adge.
(And others)
I am also a referee (no longer officiating). One of the reasons I became a referee was because of the bad decisions I saw, and the mantra that you shouldn't complain if you are not prepared to do it yourself.

Credit for you for doing it, many complain and moan, and don't actually contribute.

Even if your training/interpretation is wrong, you are still contributing for the good far more to the game than (made up statistic) than 99% that are on here.

Happy to meet up and discuss this rather than dig holes. What level/association are you?
L5 Birmingham and also affiliated to Worcester County FA too.

Adge

Adge.
(And others)

Indeed-always said it that the best referees are always shouting loudest from the stands/sidelines.
What leagues/Country Fa were you associated with? Our paths may have crossed over time?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yes the ground “OUTSIDE” the touchline means not on the pitch side! So if you like where the assistant referee stands is the “OUTSIDE” of the touchline.

With apologies to every else fed up of this.

I know that outside the touchline means not on the pitch side. The one word you seem to not be paying attention to is OR. You only need to fulfil one part OR the other.

To simplify it I 'll therefore remove the bit after because as long as you fulfil the first part it'ss not relevant..

have part of each foot ON the touchline

Users who are viewing this thread