Match Thread Portsmouth vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 20th Aug (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Portsmouth vs. Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

Skyblueweeman

Going to be a really tough game this one I reckon. I'm looking forward to it though as it'll be my first game in a while.

I think we'll be on the end of a 1 goal defeat. Ask me after Saturday though with another game under both teams belts and I might have a different answer.

Reactions: vow

Skyblueweeman

Any decent away pubs nearby?

Yeah, what garymabbuttsleftknee said...Good Campanion is decent enough and probably the best bet. Living local, I normally have a beer near home and then head down to Fratton. The Old Barn tends to be staunch Pompey so I'd avoid that. The Sheperds Crook is ok as well I think but the Good Companion is likely the best option. It's only a 5 minute walk to the ground as well and the away end is the first end you get to from the Good Companion.

ccfc1234

We need to play with width in this game. Pompy can be got at down the flanks. 433 would be better off as a more ridgd 451 in the first half.

shmmeee

Play the same team which beat Bristol Rovers, now I've put the kiss of death on it (whoops)

Agreed. ;)

Ideally we’ll have Allen back and a loanee in, in which case I’d go:

Marosi
Dabo McFadz Rose Mason
Westbrooke Kelly Shipley
Jobello Godden Hiwula

S: Wilson, Hyam, McCallum, Allen, Loanee, Kastaneer, Bakayoko

Nice strong bench. Eccles for loanee if they haven’t come in by then. Bapaga for Allen if he’s not ready.

On form we should go for this but I’d be happy with a draw. 1-1. Godden to score.

Gint11

We’ve started well but I’m not sure about this game. Last season we outplayed them on large parts but we missed our chances. If we are more clinical we will score a couple and we’ll see. Fancy Godden to score. They’ve got Marquis who’s a handful. Could be a 2-2 or something. I’d take a draw.

Warwickhunt

love a sneaky win! It would make the Pompey Fans panic :joyful::joyful:

Tommo1993

I’m at the wrong mouth, I’ll be in Plymouth with work on Tuesday night. Hopefully be down there in time to watch on ifollow. Do you have to pay as well to listen on ifollow?

Draw would be nice to keep it going. But I reckon 2-1 Pompey.

johnwillomagic

Think we have to go unchanged - hoping Allen may sneak onto bench but think that will be unlikely tbh

Marosi
Dabo
Mason
Rose
MacFadzean
Westbrooke
Rose
Kelly
Jobello
Hiwula
Godden

Subs: Wilson, Hyam. McCallum, Allen, Eccles, Kastaneer, Baka

skyblue025

I'm at this one with my lad. Just about the closest game for me. We should of won last year our passing game ran rings round them. If we are better at defending set pieces I fancy a win. Their crowd were very quiet until they equalised. Same team except maybe Kastaneer in for Hiwula depending on his fitness. Think it will be too soon for Allen.

Marty

2-1 loss, Portsmouth are a decent side and should be right up there again. Any points at fratton park is a good result.

covboy1987

Think everyone has underestimated what a poor side portsmouth are this season - They have lost 2 out of three games and fans some fans want the manager out - they are there for the taking - I will be very disappointed if we do not take all three points

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm going for a 1-1 draw. We'll score first half and then right at the end of the 2nd half with a minute to go, they'll equalise. You heard it here first!

cc84cov

I don’t think Pompey will be as strong this year as last their forum is littered with fans wanting Jacket out saying they are not creating enough Marquis has been poor etc i think we are going to beat them we are gaining momentum now.

kg82

I wouldn’t write them off. Slow starts for decent teams are nothing new. And they’ve beaten Blues 3-0 in the cup. I’d be happy with a point, anything more than that is a great result.

SBAndy

I fear with our lack of depth at the moment that this may just be one game too far for a team that will be playing their 4th game in 2 weeks, including Shipley and Westbrooke in midfield that can tire early.

Sky Blue Pete

I fear with our lack of depth at the moment that this may just be one game too far for a team that will be playing their 4th game in 2 weeks, including Shipley and Westbrooke in midfield that can tire early.
I thought they looked tired early in second half but then found more energy

Users who are viewing this thread