Match Thread Portsmouth Match Thread (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Going to make an out there suggestion. Why doesn't someone in the media ask Robins who our first choice keeper is. I'd be very surprised if we're going into the season with Wilson as first choice. I assumed when he came in at the end of last season it was just to get game time as they were nothing games.

If Moore comes on at half time then we're probably just reading too much into it, if he doesn't its slightly odd to say the least.

Of course the other possibility is that he's got a niggle we don't go about. Either way be nice if someone could actually ask the question.

Bugsy

Whatever MR decides is fine by me - really think the frequency of games is going to mean few sides are able to manage without squad rotation, due to knocks and fatigue. happy to get through today without any serious injuries. Then (fingers crossed) play the Mackems off the park.

Was just about to post similar, don't want to get on people's backs but the amount of worry that us fans do is incredible, don't want to keep saying it but MR and Adi know the players better than us and managing their fitness levels and putting the best team out that he can to win a football game and keep the levels high that he has to do rotation and pick his best 11 to reflect that. Yeah I would have liked Moore and sheaf in today as that would be our best 11 but leaving them out might make sense as they might be playing a cameo today and start against Sunderland... PUSB

SeaSeeEffCee

Going to make an out there suggestion. Why doesn't someone in the media ask Robins who our first choice keeper is. I'd be very surprised if we're going into the season with Wilson as first choice. I assumed when he came in at the end of last season it was just to get game time as they were nothing games.

If Moore comes on at half time then we're probably just reading too much into it, if he doesn't its slightly odd to say the least.

Of course the other possibility is that he's got a niggle we don't go about. Either way be nice if someone could actually ask the question.
That would require us having competent local journalists covering the club.

steve101

Wilson has started nearly every pre-season game and finished the season. To me that suggests he is Robins' first choice. Thrown a bit by the squad numbers though. I can only imagine something happened behind the scenes toward the end of last season.

shmmeee

Wilson has started nearly every pre-season game and finished the season. To me that suggests he is Robins' first choice. Thrown a bit by the squad numbers though. I can only imagine something happened behind the scenes toward the end of last season.

Robins has always said once a player has a squad number they’ve got it until they leave. It doesn’t get reassessed each season

slowpoke

Moore has to be No1 , the whole of the defence looks more assured with him there.
If Moore does move on I doubt it will be an out of the blue shock for Robins sure there will irons in the fire and there will be a few decent keepers about looking for clubs.
I like Simon Moore think he is a decent safe pair of hands happy if he stays but he certainly isn’t irreplaceable.

Paxman II

Difference in quality evident. But we are not particularly threatening yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread