Match Thread Port Vale v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 1st Oct (3 Viewers)

JulianDarbyFTW

He said he hadn't thought much about the future so I guess that means see how he goes and take it from there

Sounded like a a heavy hint that he was interested to me. And Clive (I think) said he thought the chances were we'd promote from within.

Oh, btw, Geoff suggested Kevin Blackwell.

Nick

Administrator
Sounded like a a heavy hint that he was interested to me. And Clive (I think) said he thought the chances were we'd promote from within.

Oh, btw, Geoff suggested Kevin Blackwell.
Would he want the job though? What I don't get is if he is best mates with Mowbray he will know all about the job.

stevefloyd

The last word has been an issue, partnerships need to be built up. Hopefully we can build some up.

I'd guess he will bring Jones on for one towards the end.
Be good to give them half a dozen games together and see how they do subbing 1 or more as the games develop

Nick

Administrator
Aygei runs back on from injury, intercepts a goalkeeper pass. Has a shot but the keeper saves it.

stevefloyd

Just a thought, was TM too good a manager and the players at his disposal didn't understand how he wanted the game played...boredom creates a wonderful thinking pattern

Esoterica

Just a thought, was TM too good a manager and the players at his disposal didn't understand how he wanted the game played...boredom creates a wonderful thinking pattern
If he's not able to develop a system that works with the players he has available, I'd say that makes him a shit manager rather than too good.

Gazolba

Aygei runs back on from injury, intercepts a goalkeeper pass. Has a shot but the keeper saves it.
Can we please learn to spell our players names right. It's not that difficult. Only 5 letters.

Nick

Administrator
If he's not able to develop a system that works with the players he has available, I'd say that makes him a shit manager rather than too good.
Exactly, been saying that for a while. He should have looked at his players, their strengths and build a system and game plan upon that.

Rather than having a system and squeezing players into it.

lifeskyblue

Yes yes yes. Come on city.
Really thought we were in for hammering today...so pleased I was wrong. Hang on now city

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread