Match Thread Port Vale - Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 26th Dec (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Not good enough, was obvious from the start they were going to go route one and keep it tight.

Not sure what Robins changes were about, again it was a case of taking off Biamou but not changing things to suit and still hammering it up front.

covcity4life

Not good enough, was obvious from the start they were going to go route one and keep it tight.

Not sure what Robins changes were about, again it was a case of taking off Biamou but not changing things to suit and still hammering it up front.
We desperatly need numbrr 10(hopefully varett o baker) and a proper wide player as grimmer and shipley did not score port vale defence

Get them and we can kick on...i hope

Nick

Administrator
I know Biamou was never going to score today, they were more on top when he went off though.

Not sure about all of the changes he made, it was just taking the square pegs for the round holes and replacing them with hexagonal ones.

Liquid Gold

Very poor game. League 2 football from both team and the odd goal won it. We need January and some pace in midfield, we're way too one dimensional. 2 wins in the last 3 still promotion form, just need to follow today up with a win. Shame we can't seem to get a run together.

oucho

Because we're *********** (Fill in the blank)
We were 4th before kickoff, 2 weeks ago there were those discussing the manager's future....now we're crap apparently.

Esoterica

Why oh why can't we beat teams in the lower reaches of the division?
Negative opening team set up in most cases that leave us chasing the the points in the 2nd half of games and vulnerable at the back. Grimmer at right midfield was a massive gamble without an out and out winger on the left side

Against the bottom 8:
P9 W2 D3 L4 GF 3 GA 7

We haven't scored more than 1 goal in a game against anyone in the bottom 10 teams in this division.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Think their goal was the only shot at goal wasn’t it?

Pretty poor overall.

Bayliss was the only one who stood out in a positive way for me.

Not sure if the decision to play grimmer our wide was tactical, experimental or through desperation? Either way it didn’t pay off. Showed his vulnerabilities when getting forward. said pre season his end product lets him down and I stand by that

Ok, they got a lucky corner before the winner came but it shows if you have to take your chances when you get them

Otis

Bloody hell, following the City is never easy is it. Been supporting the club now since the late 1960's and for a massive chunk of that time we have been inconsistent. Can beat anyone, can lose to anyone.

That's now back to back home wins and back to back away defeats. It's so frustrating. Up and down like a yo-yo in our performances and it desperately needs sorting.

Can't keep throwing points away and once again we are struggling against the sides down the wrong end of the table.

Buggered up my Boxing Day that and now it's once again, dust ourselves down and get back on the saddle.

Need a positive result on Saturday.

Otis

Very poor game. League 2 football from both team and the odd goal won it. We need January and some pace in midfield, we're way too one dimensional. 2 wins in the last 3 still promotion form, just need to follow today up with a win. Shame we can't seem to get a run together.

And that's out problem right there! We can't put a run together and it simply HAS to happen.

BackRoomRummermill

Pretty poor overall.

Not sure if the decision to play grimmer our wide was tactical, experimental or through desperation? Either way it didn’t pay off. Showed his vulnerabilities when getting forward. said pre season his end product lets him down and I stand by that

Ok, they got a lucky corner before the winner came but it shows if you have to take your chances when you get them

Thanks I could not see it today on either live or on ifollow so appreciate the updates. Will be at Carlisle hope a better game

Hobo

Still stuttering along. But there are definitely times we need another dimension. Midfield the main problem for me. We need a creative central midfielder and a wide player who can play both wings as a minimum.

Cov kid 55

Bloody hell, following the City is never easy is it. Been supporting the club now since the late 1960's and for a massive chunk of that time we have been inconsistent. Can beat anyone, can lose to anyone.

That's now back to back home wins and back to back away defeats. It's so frustrating. Up and down like a yo-yo in our performances and it desperately needs sorting.

Can't keep throwing points away and once again we are struggling against the sides down the wrong end of the table.

Buggered up my Boxing Day that and now it's once again, dust ourselves down and get back on the saddle.

Need a positive result on Saturday.
We are consistently inconsistent

letsallsingtogether

Pretty poor overall.

No we had one just at the end.

rondog1973

Yep, even more so when we have Duck and McNulty up front.

A lot of it seems to be Doyle, half the time he doesn't look up just loops it forward.

It looks like Beavon is now a target man.
Bang on about Doyle.

On today's evidence, it matters not if you can anchor the midfield, if your distribution is as piss poor as his is, then your a waste of a place.

Paxman II

Disappointing once more after hopes of another win and cement 4th place, even 3rd place.
MR's tinkering and refusing to play Nazon at the start or consider Stevenson lost the game today.

BackRoomRummermill

Yup. Had my Sky Blue heart broken far too many times over the years.

Can we not please just have one little run of say 8 games unbeaten?

I put it on my Santa wishlist!! Looks like the beardy fat barsteward let me down yet again.

I loved our top flight Houdini escapes from relegation, they were amazing. As you remember the previous 35 games were dire ish but at least its exciting chasing something now

letsallsingtogether

Sadly, when he went off we looked more like conceding as the ball was coming back at us a lot more as we were still going long.
Yes sadly we need a fall guy and he seems to be it.
They were all poor today can't pin off on one player.

Nick

Administrator
Disappointing once more after hopes of another win and cement 4th place, even 3rd place.
MR's tinkering and refusing to play Nazon at the start or consider Stevenson lost the game today.

To be honest, I don't think either of those would have made much difference.

Bayliss had a decent game by all accounts, that is who Stevenson would have replaced.

Liquid Gold

Robins needs to be drilling a style of play into them in the training field. At the start of the season we’d break quickly with Jones and even when we didn’t play well there was a chance of some magic. Now he’s gone I couldn’t tell you what our style of play is. Sometimes we’re going long, sometimes it goes out wide, sometimes players run through the middle. You could say we’re ‘mixing it up’ but the players don’t appear to know what their team mates are doing with the ball so they’re not reacting correctly. It’s all so disjointed at times.

Otis

Behave! You been on the sherry,Pax?

Stevenson? Why should we have considered Stevenson? He's done very and little and Bayliss has come in and shone.

Users who are viewing this thread