Popped over to see how sunderland felt about the last day . (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueCharlie9

Ignorant p***. My nan and her brothers came down from Sunderland to Coventry straight after WW2, some to work in the Daw Mill pit and some to work in the car factories as better conditions and pay on offer.

Otis

Ignorant p***. My nan and her brothers came down from Sunderland to Coventry straight after WW2, some to work in the Daw Mill pit and some to work in the car factories as better conditions and pay on offer.
Yup. I actually worked with a number of Sunderland fans at British Coal (great lads actually) in the 70's, 80's and 90's, and they all barely mentioned this 1977 infamous game.
And if they ever did, it was always in jest and none of them were very angry about it at all.

From my recollection, it was about 12-15 of them. Might have actually been a few more

Loads came down from the north east to work in the pits back in the 60's and 70's.

And get this, a few of the "scab" miners in Coventry ( there were just a handful), were actually from Sunderland. 😂😂👍

Covcraig@bury

My dad was from Newcastle and my eldest brother was born in Bladon .
My mum was from Sunderland and my gran owned the shop next to Roker park . My sister was born in Sunderland .
They moved down to Coventry during the war where my mum worked on munitions aand my dad was in the RAF . The rest of us are Coventry Kids and proud to support the Sky Blues . We was always told to support the team from where you was born #PUSB

Sbarcher

My grandfather was from Co. Durham and a Sunderland fan
As was my father and grandfather. I was born at Easington maternity hospital. In fact I was the first generation of our family never to have worked down the pit.

Brighton Sky Blue

As was my father and grandfather. I was born at Easington maternity hospital. In fact I was the first generation of our family never to have worked down the pit.

My grandfather grew up in Waterhouses, near Esh Winning colliery. The family had been miners around there since the 1840s, he was the first not to follow suit.

He went to watch Sunderland every other Saturday, and switched between Newcastle/Hartlepool/Boro for the others.

Sbarcher

My grandfather grew up in Waterhouses, near Esh Winning colliery. The family had been miners around there since the 1840s, he was the first not to follow suit.

He went to watch Sunderland every other Saturday, and switched between Newcastle/Hartlepool/Boro for the others.
My grandad was a pit Deputy and my dad a colliery plumber working 3 miles out under the North Sea. Spent most of their time at Eppleton pit.

Ashdown

What the fuck is all this apologetic nonsense ?!? Really…..The Mackems generally hate us and they’re desperately egging on their smoggy mates to do us over to help them 🤔
My Grand parents on both sides were from Coventry ….that’s Coundon and Cheylesmore ….My Mum and Dad born in Cov…. Me ….born in a Cov !
PUSB …..Cmon City

Brighton Sky Blue

What the fuck is all this apologetic nonsense ?!? Really…..The Mackems generally hate us and they’re desperately egging on their smoggy mates to do us over to help them 🤔
My Grand parents on both sides were from Coventry ….that’s Coundon and Cheylesmore ….My Mum and Dad born in Cov…. Me ….born in a Cov !
PUSB …..Cmon City

Nothing apologetic just a nostalgic tangent

Covkid1968#

PUSB …..Cmon City
He’s one of our own, Ashdown the Cov kid, he’s one of our own. 😎

GaryPendrysEyes

PUSB …..Cmon City
It’s not apologetic it’s who quite a few of us are and how we became City supporters. It’s actually about the history of Coventry and how it became an industrial magnet for people seeking work, many from the north east.
Anyway the time of reckoning is approaching….
#PUSB

Sky Blue Pete

That sums up how I feel to be involved in the mix the last game of the regular season.
Not just that but we are in a great position going into the final game
How many city teams in years past would have won the last 2 home games it’s just insane

CovInEssex

Spent the weekend in Sunderland with friends. We're more similar than different. On the whole just working class, down to earth like we are.

Users who are viewing this thread