Ponti and the like (1 Viewer)

AStonesThrow

What bollocks about Thomas. He only made his debut the season before the Wembley goal and barely played. He is a decent player who was written off straight away by the usual idiots, he improved and got his goal at Wembley. He's probably not Leicester level but he certainly wasn't 'crap for a number of years'.
And if people are saying Thomas was crap for a number of years, what about the rest? Callum Wilson, academy prospect turned reserve player who I believe was transfer listed at some point prior to the sixfields season, Jordan Shipley, graduated from the academy and didn't do very much in the under 23s until his breakthrough season, even Burge, as a youngster, found himself on the transfer list at some point I believe, yet came through and despite his faults, held his own and went on to feature in the efl team of the year.
Just because a player features mostly in the under 23s with the occasional first team appearance (where they may fail to impress initially), doesn't mean they've been crap. If people think that a good player just puts His boots on for the first time and is instantly a good player, they need to come back to reality. Players like Thomas have spent time developing, learning the trade and gaining experience.

Considered one of the best players in the world, Cristiano Ronaldo is usually the last to leave the training pitch. And he's had some shocking games. Must be just 'crap' right?

Thomas IS a good player, who was blinded by the money. I bet the people saying he was crap for a number of years weren't complaining when he came up trumps for us

shmmeee

It only took me 90 seconds to read, so I know more about words than you.

A lot of people think they know words but they’re just rubbish words. A true genius like me sees the good words straight away and doesn’t just like words because they have letters in. I am very smart.

itsabuzzard

A lot of people think they know words but they’re just rubbish words. A true genius like me sees the good words straight away and doesn’t just like words because they have letters in. I am very smart.
Are you and covcity4life one and the same?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
It's amazing what not playing does for a players reputation.

I scored 50 goals while my knee was broken.

I'd bet Ponticelli won't play 20 full league games next season, he could do with somewhere like the conference where he will be their main man.

hill83

I have absolutely nothing against the guy, but I don't think in my time as a City fan I have ever known a section of fans big a player up from pretty much zero evidence as much as they have with Ponticelli.

To be fair I rate him myself and I'm not entirely sure why. Seems to have a decent finish from the very little I have seen though.

SkyBlueCRJ

Think sending him to the National League at a club like Solihull Moors would do him the world of good. He's only 20 so he's got time to show that he has a future with us so any talk of offloading him permanently is ludicrous.

torchomatic

SkyBlueDom26

Sell him, He's been hyped for years now and not done anything.. maybe a move for him would be better for both parties

shmmeee

Think people are being a little harsh. He’s started a whole six games for us so far and in not many minutes on the pitch has done OK in terms of scoring.

His overall game worries me, as does his ability to fit into this side, but not his goal scoring ability.

rexo87

Think Ponti’s progress has been put back a year through injury last season. I think he’s a fairly good player who at a decent league two side would score between 10 and 20 goals depending on how much he plays. If he can stay fit for a full season at a league two club he will gain valuable experience and could turn out to be a very good player for us in future seasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legia Sky Blue

I have absolutely nothing against the guy, but I don't think in my time as a City fan I have ever known a section of fans big a player up from pretty much zero evidence as much as they have with Ponticelli.

Have you read this thread? The vitriol aimed at him astounds me. He was 'bigged up' by some because he banged in goals left right & centre in our youth teams, & scored some decent poachers goals in our League 2 season too. Yes his all round play has looked limited, but his opportunities have also been fairly limited. His injury hit season last season undoubtedly set him back too, but a large section of our fans seem to revel in slating our players, particularly young players who have still to develop to reach their potential. This is a great example of that.

For what its worth I agree that it would be best for him to go on loan, at least until Christmas, but I guess Robins will want to make sure it is to a team where he is likely to play week in and week out, so if that has to be the National League, rather than League 2 then fair enough I guess. I don't think the way Robins sets us up to play suits Ponticelli anyway, so I suspect his future will end up being elsewhere anyhow, but I can see him successfully playing off a big man in a 2 up front scenario, if there's a team out there wanting to give that a try.

Users who are viewing this thread