Police today (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Apparently the reason the expected extra 1,000 millwall fans never showed was that they heard the Gentleman was there.

Even those in attendance were quivering like jellies when they left the ground.

D

Deleted member 4439

Impressive line-up of 6 or so police dog handlers on the banks near the bridge.

malkitccfc

Took my Millwall mate along with me today but he's not the type to cause any harm. Then somebody called him a Millwall dickhead on the way out :)

wingy

Someone asked Clive who foots the bill?
He wasn't sure but I think the FA/FL should contribute over and above what is a normal Saturday afternoon.
If clubs have a history which requires such a presence, saying that I don't remember it being a Cauldron at the den for our fans this season.

chiefdave

According to twitter Millwall fans causing trouble in the city centre, The Wheatsheaf, Foleshill Gas Club and 3 Horse Shoes.

3 Horse Shoes sounds the worst, apparently the police have closed the road.

chiefdave

He wasn't sure but I think the FA/FL should contribute over and above what is a normal Saturday afternoon.
If clubs have a history which requires such a presence, saying that I don't remember it being a Cauldron at the den for our fans this season.

It certainly shouldn't be for us to pay. Either the police cover the cost if the insist on extra policing or the away team or the football league.

Johnnythespider

I didn't see any bother bro, over the top police presence I thought. It was like the miners strike on the way out and they were sending us around tesco.

chiefdave

One of the dogs really want to be let off!

This made me laugh on the news this week

The use of sniffer dogs at Manchester Airport has been criticised after dogs there failed to discover any Class A drugs in a seven-month period.But one dog, trained to detect illegal animal products, often found "small amounts of cheese or sausages" carried by holidaymakers, a report said.

SkyBlueRuffian

Just drove through foleshill and never seen so many police riot vans. Police had a group of Millwall surrounded near the fire station.

The Lurker

Just drove through foleshill and never seen so many police riot vans. Police had a group of Millwall surrounded near the fire station.

I've just left the wheatsheaf. Loads of ob. They caused trouble with city lads come in wading batons. Police are twats. Cause Millwall weren't kicking off they wanted trouble with us instead.

Anyone who thinks the police are innocent are very wrong

clint van damme

loads of millwall giving it loads by the tunnel. Mus b because they didn't get the ticket allocation they wanted!

No issue with them being a rough club with a hard following but the excuses they try to make is laughable

MalcSB

I'm sure I read somewhere that the club pay for policing in the ground and the police authority for outside the ground.

D

Deleted member 2477

Lurker i find it hard to believe the ob just decided to enter the wheatsheef and pick on city fans. We all know the type who dring in the ws and they are hardly the inocent type out for half a shandy.

chiefdave

Lurker i find it hard to believe the ob just decided to enter the wheatsheef and pick on city fans. We all know the type who dring in the ws and they are hardly the inocent type out for half a shandy.

There would have been a fair few people in there so if the story genuinely is that our fans were in there drinking peacefully and the police just turned up and got stuck into them it will be making the news.

Would be very easy to bring a case against the police as the pub will have CCTV of the whole thing.

Macca

Incredible story and incredibly naive of the police officers entering a pub with cctv and attacking innocent members of the public randomly. Look forward to how this develops as never seen this happen before

Samo

Incredible story and incredibly naive of the police officers entering a pub with cctv and attacking innocent members of the public randomly. Look forward to how this develops as never seen this happen before

Maybe too incredible to be true.

Nick

Administrator
There would have been a fair few people in there so if the story genuinely is that our fans were in there drinking peacefully and the police just turned up and got stuck into them it will be making the news.

Would be very easy to bring a case against the police as the pub will have CCTV of the whole thing.
Have the telegraph said anything?

torchomatic

There were some Millwall fans by us in the home areas. Don't remember seeing that before.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

The police I spoke to today were unreasonably confrontational considering I was with my 9 year old lad and his 10 year old mate

hill83

I can easily see this being true. I can also see people not being totally 'innocent' but still not enough to warrant what the police have allegedly done. This is exactly why I'd be avoiding boozers in and around the ground and boozers with a reputation in town when a 'tasty' team turn up. Not worth the hassle.

By not being totally innocent I mean not doing exactly what the aggressive police tell you to do. If I had a beer in me I could easily see myself telling them to do one. Then they've got their reason to pile in that they've been waiting for and there we go. Not worth it, so I avoid it.

Looks like I'm a shirter.

Last edited:

Otis

There were some Millwall fans by us in the home areas. Don't remember seeing that before.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Maybe because we have only played them once at home this season and last year they were in the Championship!

Users who are viewing this thread