Police officer shot dead by man in custody (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I totally agree. So why push an agenda that's not even connected on the back of it? I haven't seen anyone playing it down.

The thread is full of agendas because it's all about politics, whether it's the Lurker just trying to make out the world is going to end because of black people or then you have people like D'OD who just wants to call everybody a racist.

People need to fuck the politics off and just get a bit of balance. I don't know how people get by in life sometimes.

clint van damme

The thread is full of agendas because it's all about politics, whether it's the Lurker just trying to make out the world is going to end because of black people or then you have people like D'OD who just wants to call everybody a racist.

People need to fuck the politics off and just get a bit of balance. I don't know how people get by in life sometimes.

I can't really see any agendas until the BLM stuff started.

Brighton Sky Blue

To be fair this year has done enough to drive anyone a bit bonkers and politicians have been directly interfering with life more than they have in decades. So more has to do with politics than it usually would.

chiefdave

attacks on police since the BLM campaigning has soared. This happened only this week, but nothing on the MSM. Goes against the agenda. 10 police officers injured in 'drugs raid acid attack' in London attacks on police more and more common.
"The officers were executing a drugs warrant in Dale Close, Barnet, when they were injured by a suspected corrosive substance.". What has this got to do with BLM?
90% of all gun and knife crime is committed by black people on eachother. where is the BLM speaking up for that?
I'll bite, where have you got the 90% figure from? As for saying they have no issue with black on black crime that's simply false.
blacklivesmatter.com said:
The idea that black-on-black crime is not a significant political conversation among black people is patently false. In Chicago, long maligned for its high rates of intraracial murder, members of the community created the Violence Interrupters to disrupt violent altercations before they escalate. However, those who insist on talking about black-on-black crime frequently fail to acknowledge that most crime is intraracial. Ninety-three percent of black murder victims are killed by other black people. Eighty-four percent of white murder victims are killed by other white people. The continued focus on black-on-black crime is a diversionary tactic, whose goal is to suggest that black people don’t have the right to be outraged about police violence in vulnerable black communities, because those communities have a crime problem. The Black Lives Matter movement acknowledges the crime problem, but it refuses to locate that crime problem as a problem of black pathology. Black people are not inherently more violent or more prone to crime than other groups. But black people are disproportionately poorer, more likely to be targeted by police and arrested, and more likely to attend poor or failing schools. All of these social indicators place one at greater risk for being either a victim or a perpetrator of violent crime. To reduce violent crime, we must fight to change systems, rather than demonizing people.

chiefdave

Its starting to sound like the offender was in for a routine check as he was on some sort of watchlist and therefore wasn't searched. If correct that's a big oversight in procedure that will need to be corrected ASAP to prevent any more tragic incidents like this.

Macca

Yep. See that woman running randoms off the road because QAnon made her think everyone’s a pedo. Or the people attacking 5G workers.

I’m as atheist as they come but religion isn’t the cause of this stuff, or it’d be a lot more prevalent

Again. Your “side” here murdered an elected official in broad daylight and we basically pretend it never happened. Not only that we’ve been busy enacting his ideology ever since.

Piss all the way off with this shit.

I think my point is rather that the concept of god is no less ridiculous than the nonsense of QAnon. Countries invading the Middle East in the name of God or people attacking cartoonists is just as bat shit crazy

shmmeee

Still waiting for someone to explain how melanin levels
I think my point is rather that the concept of god is no less ridiculous than the nonsense of QAnon. Countries invading the Middle East in the name of God or people attacking cartoonists is just as bat shit crazy

Yep. All mental. No argument there. Clear separation of church and state essential.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

That hasn't really helped in the States

It's more lip service though. Religion s still a major part of American life and those beliefs are taken by those in charge and adopted into the state. So even if the church isn't officially linked its influence is all over politics on either side, but esp so on the Republicans.

"In God We Trust"* says it all.

* I'm aware the actual motto of the USA is "E Pluribus Unum"

bezzer

First officer since 2012 so maybe it’s not getting out of hand. Doesn’t reduce the tragedy of this incident to his friends and family but stop

Off the top of my head -

PC Keith Palmer in 2017
PC Andrew Harper in 2019

And a quick look on Wiki showed these too -

PC Andrew Duncan 2013
PC David Phillips 2015
PC Gareth Browning 2017
SPC Resham Singh Nahal 2020

Might be worth checking next time.

shmmeee

Off the top of my head -

PC Keith Palmer in 2017
PC Andrew Harper in 2019

And a quick look on Wiki showed these too -

PC Andrew Duncan 2013
PC David Phillips 2015
PC Gareth Browning 2017
SPC Resham Singh Nahal 2020

Might be worth checking next time.

None of those are shootings...

shmmeee

What the fuck is Qanon?

Someone makes up troll ridiculous conspiracy on 4chan that links trump to every conspiracy ever. Idiots believe it. Now a multimillion dollar industry to fleece said idiots. Morons going round with guns in pizza places and ramming strangers off the road because they think everyone’s a pedophile.

Users who are viewing this thread