Police investigation (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

There will be a fine, possibly a suspended points deduction to try and prevent repeats. The police will no doubt go after at least a handful to 'make an example', they'll probably go after people from the naughty corner they already know but haven't been able to pin anything on in the past.

Happy_Martian

The club have no legal jurisdiction. Looking at this it will be purely a police and cps decision

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/d_to_g/football_related_offences/

Looking at this they only have to go on the pitch to have committed an offence under section 4 of the Football (Offences) Act 1991.

04853f9b88ae7ff2dfea8f4cf75d1b19.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

"without lawful authority or lawful excuse". For the legals among us, is there such a thing as a legal right to protest that could be used as defence against the latter exception by the protestors ? We see so many protests on TV, could this be classified in a similar manner ?

RegTheDonk

Bearing in mind the budget cuts and the justification of taking at least one plod - probably the club liaison officer - away from his usual duties to trawl through all the video, making notes of who to target (and lets be fair, everyone who encroached would be breaking the law so you can't just pick people out at random), then get images into the media, chase up the leads, draft up arrest packages, then get god knows how many plod to start knocking doors, arrest, interview and subsequently charge people for going onto the pitch and stopping the game for a grand total of 6 minutes, and not really any proper agro and no arrests....can't see it happening myself.

martcov

I think CCFC will have to be seen to be punishing people for what was an unlawful act. But, it was peaceful and there are mitigating circumstances such as the lack of communication about the future of the club and lack of transparency about the aims of the football club. We do not know if CCFC is actually competing in the EFL - in the sense that their main aim is achieving sporting success. If waiting for a buyer and plodding along merely to fulfill fixtures is the aim, then that is surely not in accord with the aims of the EFL. Is that lawful excuse to demonstrate on the pitch? In effect, the fans are pointing out that CCFC is not being run as an EFL football club should be run.

Does the EFL condone "zombie" football clubs? And if they do, something is wrong with the competition.

Irish Sky Blue

I think CCFC will have to be seen to be punishing people for what was an unlawful act. But, it was peaceful and there are mitigating circumstances such as the lack of communication about the future of the club and lack of transparency about the aims of the football club. We do not know if CCFC is actually competing in the EFL - in the sense that their main aim is achieving sporting success. If waiting for a buyer and plodding along merely to fulfill fixtures is the aim, then that is surely not in accord with the aims of the EFL. Is that lawful excuse to demonstrate on the pitch? In effect, the fans are pointing out that CCFC is not being run as an EFL football club should be run.

Does the EFL condone "zombie" football clubs? And if they do, something is wrong with the competition.

Zombie club seems a good way to describe us.

Nick

Administrator
Correct. I am not going again until SISU leave. Made the decision two weeks ago.

So it makes it easier for you to say nobody should go if people get banned to show solidarity, if you aren't going anyway?

That's why all of this "do this to be united" and "do this to show solidarity" is all well and good as long as it is something that people are already doing.

ecky

Yes, I should stop taking my daughter to games because others went on the pitch.

Haven't you said you aren't going anyway? Convenient.

I think I would be taking my daughter somewhere else on a Saturday afternoon...she must be bored senseless

Otis

I did see one who was a dwarf I think guarding a gate. I am not sure that was the best idea.
I saw one who I thought was a giant guarding a huge gate, but then I realised it was one in fact one of those tiny little white lawn edging fences and he only towered it by a single eyebrow.

bawtryneal

So it makes it easier for you to say nobody should go if people get banned to show solidarity, if you aren't going anyway?

That's why all of this "do this to be united" and "do this to show solidarity" is all well and good as long as it is something that people are already doing.

I could go for the " if I hadn't already stopped going, I would in solidarity" speech but you wouldn't believe me.
People have to do what feels is right for them. I spent nearly 50 years going to watch the City with first my Dad and then my two daughters. We had some great times home and away and would encourage you to do the same if it's what you both want.
For me, it's no longer fun but a massive chore which brings no pleasure. It's a combination of crap owners who don't care and crap football.
If you keep going and have fun with your daughter, then I am genuinley pleased for you. Long may it continue.

SkyblueBazza

While you sit on your hands tutting no doubt.
Figuratively speaking I suppose yes.
Just a difference of opinion - you appear to think Thursday's antics will have a positive effect on our plight. I think at best they will have no effect.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Nick

Administrator
I could go for the " if I hadn't already stopped going, I would in solidarity" speech but you wouldn't believe me.
People have to do what feels is right for them. I spent nearly 50 years going to watch the City with first my Dad and then my two daughters. We had some great times home and away and would encourage you to do the same if it's what you both want.
For me, it's no longer fun but a massive chore which brings no pleasure. It's a combination of crap owners who don't care and crap football.
If you keep going and have fun with your daughter, then I am genuinley pleased for you. Long may it continue.

The thing is though, all of the "you must agree" or "you must do this" to show solidarity does exactly the opposite.

A lot of the time when people go on about solidarity or unity it is doing the opposite. I could sit and talk to you all day about going up with family and you taking your daughters and that is solidarity and unity, but when it comes to "we shouldnt go in" and putting that choice on people than it ruins it.

On Thursday I felt more unity with the people who went on the pitch by being at the game than I would with people shouting NOPM, I was jumping about when we scored with them, I was probably saying "fuck sake" when we conceded with them, I was probably holding my head in my hands with them when Sordell missed etc etc. I didn't go on the pitch, I didn't blow a whistle but it is more unity and understanding with things like that than when people are shouting NOPM and telling others not to go in. (if that makes sense).

That's not saying that everybody has to go to games to be united, it is saying more than it is CCFC that unites people. Would we feel more united talking about your first game 50 years ago with your dad or the intricate details of accounts etc?

Again, that's not also saying people can't or shouldn't discuss or disagree on those things but if people want to be united I think showing passion and love for CCFC would work better (not instead of) showing hate for others. (again, if that makes sense, it's early).

georgehudson

Imho, What an utter waste of public funds to investigate a protest that was peaceful & harmed no-one. There are far more pressing problems for the police to undertake.
First port of call should be to review the sky footage & the comments made by both commentators and pundits, they were unanimously in support of CCFC's plight.
I couldn't see any ball boys or girls who were crying, another bit of 'Fisherism'
(Fisherism - something made up as a distractive measure from reality).
The CCFC fans have had enough of this charlaton Fisher - overdue & time to GO

fernandopartridge

If anybody from Thursday night gets a ban we should all boycott until they are reinstated.
That would show real solidarity.

The police issue banning orders. The club might issue one of their own if the police issue a banning order first but I don't think they will, hardly in the position to turn away paying customers. If the police issue a banning order, nothing the club can do about that and no reason to boycott.

georgehudson

I watched the 'mersey' derby tonight, & witnessed with dismay;
1. that a flare was thrown on to the pitch, possibly endangering life,
2.there were numerous, loud & easily lip readable & audio, instances of offensive & racist chanting
& 3. tv coverage of a fan on the pitch & being violently held
none of these events had any relevance to our match scenario, which was wholly peaceful, an opinion expressed to me by a police officer afterwards.
Yet the chairman, Fisher, IMHO, is farcically keen to hunt down fans, who are frustrated at the way they have been abused by our owners, for too many years.
As far as the police & FA are concerned using the Fisherism rule,are Everton to be investigated ?
Perhaps the degree of sensitivity needs examining ?
or, perhaps our illustrious chairman ?
As we wait for your latest utterances to CCFC fans, & the footballing world, may i respectfully suggest Mr Fisher that you FUCKING WELL GROW UP & FUCK OFF

tisza

Seems ridiculous to ban fans when Fisher says we need money to pay any fine.
Rather than building bridges & calming things down as Fisher said he wants to bans would widen the rift.
Warnings should be fine.
Also seeing as it was a peaceful protest is there a real difference in the eyes of the law between that and 000s being on the pitch at the end of the last game at Highfield Road? Peaceful celebration, Derby fans were still in the ground, fans had been asked to stay off the playing surface.

rupert_bear

So the protests will go to the Lloyds Stand then, fill it top to bottom and let Fisher know what we feel about him constantly.

stupot07

The police issue banning orders. The club might issue one of their own if the police issue a banning order first but I don't think they will, hardly in the position to turn away paying customers. If the police issue a banning order, nothing the club can do about that and no reason to boycott.
This point seems to have been totally missed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ps1948

A few points that come to my mind....
Blackpool have a chairman who is (allegedly) even more negative in his thoughts towards his Club's supporters, to the extent that he has taken legal action against them individually - we are not alone in having rubbish owners.
The FA have the power to deal with Clubs and individuals for "bringing the game into disrepute" - if this doesn't apply to their own, and the EFL's handling of our situation, I don't know what does.
As far as I can remember, the Police apply to a Court for a banning order to be issued - I too would hope that the time spent on investigating last Thursday's events could easily be spent more productively.

georgehudson

Todays reported missive from chairman Fisher,
is along the lines that those @ the BPA have been put off by the fans actions last thursday.

Oh right, another verbal assault on CCFC fans, that's a real positive TF.

What exactly is this 'piece of work' trying to achieve ?

He is, imho, already the most reviled, despised, untrusted, & hated person associated to CCFC.
No-one, well perhaps the usual suspects, believes a word he says.
In 99.9% of any other companies he would have been dismissed years ago.
Someone please enlighten me as to his plus points.

SkyblueBazza

Todays reported missive from chairman Fisher,
is along the lines that those @ the BPA have been put off by the fans actions last thursday.

Oh right, another verbal assault on CCFC fans, that's a real positive TF.

What exactly is this 'piece of work' trying to achieve ?

He is, imho, already the most reviled, despised, untrusted, & hated person associated to CCFC.
No-one, well perhaps the usual suspects, believes a word he says.
In 99.9% of any other companies he would have been dismissed years ago.
Someone please enlighten me as to his plus points.
He does what he is told by his boss like a good puppy?

...onwards & upwards PUSB

AFCCOVENTRY

Fisher can't wait to shove a dildo up your ass for going on the pitch.

"So you're not renewing your season ticket next season...that's a shame. I will slash the budget then. Oh and you went on Wasps pitch as well and that has cost me 5p from the Chicken Balti pie revenue...I'm selling Stevenson you little turd of a Coventry City fan"

Otis

Fisher can't wait to shove a dildo up your ass for going on the pitch.

"So you're not renewing your season ticket next season...that's a shame. I will slash the budget then. Oh and you went on Wasps pitch as well and that has cost me 5p from the Chicken Balti pie revenue...I'm selling Stevenson you little turd of a Coventry City fan"
And that's just the official public statement. You want to hear what he says behind closed doors!

georgehudson

Any more transfer news, from our football guru TF, who is alledgedly spearheading our Jan window recruitment drive, mind you, imho, what the fuck has that turd got to do with football ?
..... .... .... hot news, we're very close to appointing a new mgr, problem is the fans told him that he was a c*nt,
it's the fans fault again,
JS - Oh no it isn't - wait -stop- it's the pantomime season with widow twatty (TF) who says;
oh yes it is;
spot the lying incompetent oaf

Users who are viewing this thread