Police investigation (1 Viewer)

Irish Sky Blue

Sadly you are wrong.
I think most clubs would have a mixture of supporters, those who couldn't care less about the plight of other clubs and those who would show some solidarity. Wimbledon and Charlton fans have been great, we had Northampton, Oldham and Sheffield U fans turn up and join in with the protests on the hill. Maybe contact with teams before we play them, alert them to the fact that something will be happening that they can join in with would get some on our side.

SkyblueBazza

They will do well to get any id on some of them as they had hoods up and scarfs over their faces you could only see the eyes.
The cameras can see them approach & enter the stadium, watch them in the concourse, see them at various points throughout the game, watch them leave...if they are pin-pointed by the 'watchers' 9x out of 10 they will be found

...onwards & upwards PUSB

AStonesThrow

I would say surely the kiddie who knocked out the Sheffield utd fan should be the only one to be investigated, but he looked about 15?

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

I would say surely the kiddie who knocked out the Sheffield utd fan should be the only one to be investigated, but he looked about 15?

I bet the big chap he knocked over has had a bit of stick from his mates

hutch1972

Whatever the rights and wrongs of Thursday, the outcome has seen our plight broadcasted to the world via all media.
How often do sky , bbc , twitter, and all the other outlets cover this club with so much airtime.
For all TF gusto about the owners not being there and not giving a shit , they WILL be giving a shit, simply for all the negative responses toward them.
Any of you that are or have run a business will know this kind of publicity is bad for them and I've no doubt the bat phone was red hot in the Seppala house before and after Timmys interviews.
With all that's gone on over the past few days I can imagine the smirks on the faces of ccc , higgs, and London wasps , I would like them to know that none of you will be forgiven for your part in this shambles ! Not by me anyway.

rupert_bear

Policing football has changed a lot from the old days unless there's a mass brawl incidents are filmed, studied and if they need to be acted on evidence is secured and old bill will come and give your door a knock weeks later about 6 on a Sunday morning. Happened to a mate of mine a couple of years ago in his fifties and chinned a dickhead sat by him but still got lifted some weeks later, fined and a 3 year ban.

georgehudson

I can't quote verbatim, but, in relation to the pitch invasion, did Fisher not say on C & W that,
'he would be helping the FA to ensure that the maximum penalty would be applied'.
The max penalty being a life ban & hefty fine.
What sort of rock did this article crawl from under.
Just leave our club Fisher, you are not wanted here.

Sky Blue Kid

I can't quote verbatim, but, in relation to the pitch invasion, did Fisher not say on C & W that,
'he would be helping the FA to ensure that the maximum penalty would be applied'.
The max penalty being a life ban & hefty fine.
What sort of rock did this article crawl from under.
Just leave our club Fisher, you are not wanted here.

The one good thing would be New Owners could give "Amnesty" to those that were banned.

letsallsingtogether

Never covered my face....

Then again didn't go on the pitch.
They did no harm just be another 100 customers the City will lose if they give them banning orders.
Fuck thinking about maybe I should have gone on:)

stupot07

Never covered my face....

Then again didn't go on the pitch.
They did no harm just be another 100 customers the City will lose if they give them banning orders.
Fuck thinking about maybe I should have gone on:)
Is it the club or the police that make the decision? Or do the FL and FA have a say? I have no idea on how it works?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AStonesThrow

Is it the club or the police that make the decision? Or do the FL and FA have a say? I have no idea on how it works?

I would assume it's the club's job, the fa would only decide how to punish the club for lack of crowd 'discipline'

torchomatic

I would assume it's the club's job, the fa would only decide how to punish the club for lack of crowd 'discipline'

I would have thought the ref makes his report which goes to the EFL or whatever they're called. They then contact the club and ask what have you got to say for yourselves, it then goes from there. I would think at the end of the day it is up to the EFL/FA.

Terry Gibson's perm

The maximum term is ten years which is only used when somebody is sent to prison, having just looked on a website they are more for violent acts no peaceful protest. This is how I read it anyway.

stupot07

The club have no legal jurisdiction. Looking at this it will be purely a police and cps decision

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/d_to_g/football_related_offences/

Looking at this they only have to go on the pitch to have committed an offence under section 4 of the Football (Offences) Act 1991.

04853f9b88ae7ff2dfea8f4cf75d1b19.jpg

Last edited:

AStonesThrow

I would have thought the ref makes his report which goes to the EFL or whatever they're called. They then contact the club and ask what have you got to say for yourselves, it then goes from there. I would think at the end of the day it is up to the EFL/FA.
Absolutely, but I could only imagine it's like any other hierarchy. The fa decides club fines/point deductions, then the club has to hand down discipline to fans and find a solution. Just my thoughts anyway. Either way, if people get banned for peaceful protest, surely nobody will go to games etc? Against freedom of speech really

Monkeyface

Would be harsh that in a city where we are fully aware of Child Sexual Exploitation, drug and people trafficking, women being forced into sexual slavery, gang crime, not to mention a shit load of other crimes the police do not have the resources to investigate, that we can throw so much time and effort into investigating what was a peaceful protest. I for one would rather see my police investigating the targeting of vulnerable people within my city.

Users who are viewing this thread