Points targets (1 Viewer)

skybluesam66

I think it will be a low target for autos v previous years, but high for Play offs

I think 84 points should guarantee autos and 74 for play offs

16 games to go means

Autos W10 D 3 L 3
Play offs W 6 D 5 L 5

It would be a massive fail, if we cannot pick up enough points for the play offs based on that
Autos will be a bigger challenge, but still possible

Sky Blue Pete

Especially when 2 games ago it would have been 14 wins and we’ve already got two of them
I think it will be a low target for autos v previous years, but high for Play offs

I think 84 points should guarantee autos and 74 for play offs

16 games to go means

Autos W10 D 3 L 3
Play offs W 6 D 5 L 5

It would be a massive fail, if we cannot pick up enough points for the play offs based on that
Autos will be a bigger challenge, but still possible

Liquid Gold

based on the PPG of last season we would need 85 as it is a 44 game season. I suspect it will be a bit lower this season and we're more than capable of doing it.

Liquid Gold

Last season we picked up 65 points at an average of 1.41 per game. So far this year we're picking up 1.78 per game.

To finish 2nd last year you would have needed 89 points (Barnsley got 91 but still would have gone up with two fewer), that works out at 1.93ppg. If we take it that this will be the same this year (although I expect it will be lower) then the total points needed over a 44 game season would be 85.

If we were to revert back to last season's average from here then we'd finish with 72 points which is way short and would even have resulted in us missing out on playoffs. Maintain the form that we've had over the course of this season and we're looking at 78 which is bringing us much closer to the required total while still falling short.

However, if you take this date last year and calculate the games played afterwards we start to average 1.53ppg an improvement of 0.12 over the season average and a much bigger upturn of 0.18 of the 1.35ppg from the season so far. During that period we played 6 of the top 7 away from home.

This season if we can maintain the same upturn as last in what is widely regarded as a weaker division and with our more difficult games at home then we will finish the season with 1.96ppg or 86 points.

Lads, it's on.

This is what I came up with the other evening.

clint van damme

winning the league might be a bit of a stretch now but 2nd place is very doable.

Only Rotherham have a better points per game than us.

ccfcway

W9 D 6 L 1 gets us to 83. certainly not easy, but on current form (our last 12 games)

W7 D4 L1.....every chance...

Win the next 2 games and those stats will look very possible

Last edited:

ccfcricoh

Games left:

Pompy
Southend
Rochdale

Rotheram
Sunderland
Ipswich
Shrewsbury
Lincoln

Wycombe
Accrington
Peterborough
Gills
Oxford
Blackpool
Burton
Wimbledon

Those in bold are all in bottom half and you have to say are winnable (8 games). Obviously a massive "if" but that would leave us on 75 points (play offs) if we won them all, then only needing maybe 3 wins from the "tougher" 8 games.

The way we are going at the minute, 84 points is achievable, i just hope we're still on track after the Ipswich game!

Liquid Gold

Games left:

Pompy
Southend
Rochdale

Rotheram
Sunderland
Ipswich
Shrewsbury
Lincoln

Wycombe
Accrington
Peterborough
Gills
Oxford
Blackpool
Burton
Wimbledon

Those in bold are all in bottom half and you have to say are winnable (8 games). Obviously a massive "if" but that would leave us on 75 points (play offs) if we won them all, then only needing maybe 3 wins from the "tougher" 8 games.

The way we are going at the minute, 84 points is achievable, i just hope we're still on track after the Ipswich game!
So many of the 'easier' ones away from home though.

covcity4life

No. Just feel Rotherham have been over course and distance before and will probably top the league.
Far from guaranteed right enough.
Yeh they prob will win league but i jist dont think it van be labelled a stretch thats all

Saying that i would still take a point tmrw and be over the moon with it

clint van damme

Games left:

Pompy
Southend
Rochdale

Rotheram
Sunderland
Ipswich
Shrewsbury
Lincoln

Wycombe
Accrington
Peterborough
Gills
Oxford
Blackpool
Burton
Wimbledon

We've played 12 games against the rest of the teams in the current tip 10.
W2 D9 L1
Think if we replicate similar form in our remaining games against them it will be fine as long as we win the games we should win against lower half teams.

ccfchoi87

Yeh they prob will win league but i jist dont think it van be labelled a stretch thats all

Saying that i would still take a point tmrw and be over the moon with it

That doesn’t sound like your usual confidence CC4L. You’ve made me more nervous now

Liquid Gold

We've played 12 games against the rest of the teams in the current tip 10.
W2 D9 L1
Think if we replicate similar form in our remaining games against them it will be fine as long as we win the games we should win against lower half teams.
in the opposite vein to my previous post, those games were away from home though so we should be looking to improve upon those results.

clint van damme

in the opposite vein to my previous post, those games were away from home though so we should be looking to improve upon those results.

well hopefully we will improve on them and if we do we'll be absolutely flying but it won't be the end of the world if we don't .

Liquid Gold

Pompy - 0
Southend - 3
Rochdale - 1

Rotheram - 1
Sunderland - 0
Ipswich - 1
Shrewsbury - 3
Lincoln - 1

Wycombe - 3
Accrington - 3
Peterborough - 0
Gills - 3
Oxford - 1
Blackpool - 1
Burton - 3
Wimbledon - 3

The pessimistic side of me would say this which still puts us on 78 so a couple more wins would do it.

ccfcricoh

Pompy - 0
Southend - 3
Rochdale - 1

Rotheram - 1
Sunderland - 0
Ipswich - 1
Shrewsbury - 3
Lincoln - 1

Wycombe - 3
Accrington - 3
Peterborough - 0
Gills - 3
Oxford - 1
Blackpool - 1
Burton - 3
Wimbledon - 3

The pessimistic side of me would say this which still puts us on 78 so a couple more wins would do it.
This is bang on... you've got to hope we can "fluke" an extra 6 points somewhere in there. Starting with 3 tomorrow please.

steve cooper

Pompy - 0
Southend - 3
Rochdale - 1

Rotheram - 1
Sunderland - 0
Ipswich - 1
Shrewsbury - 3
Lincoln - 1

Wycombe - 3
Accrington - 3
Peterborough - 0
Gills - 3
Oxford - 1
Blackpool - 1
Burton - 3
Wimbledon - 3

Portsmouth, Sunderland, Peterborough, Oxford are all at home, you really think we are only likely to take 1 point from those 4 games? That is pessimistic

steve cooper

Pompy (no prediction - too nervous)
Southend 3
Rochdale 3

Rotherham 0
Sunderland 3
Ipswich 1
Shrewsbury 1
Lincoln 3

Wycombe 3
Accrington 1
Peterborough 3
Gills 1
Oxford 1
Blackpool 3
Burton 3
Wimbledon 3
32 points + whatever we can get tomorrow. Would give us 83+

SkyBlueCRJ

Pompy - 0
Southend - 3
Rochdale - 1

Rotheram - 1
Sunderland - 0
Ipswich - 1
Shrewsbury - 3
Lincoln - 1

Wycombe - 3
Accrington - 3
Peterborough - 0
Gills - 3
Oxford - 1
Blackpool - 1
Burton - 3
Wimbledon - 3

Lincoln are in free-fall at the minute and genuinely looked a poor side when we played them before Christmas. I'd back us to take all 3 points there fairly comfortably. Rochdale result could be 50/50 as we often struggle against sides just on the cusp of relegation. If we're on our game I'd predict a hard fought 2-1. Pretty much agree with the rest.

fellatio_Martinez

I honestly don't see the point in digging down this deep into stats.

It's like trying to predict the weather. There's too many variables at play.

cc84cov

Rotherham
Sunderland
Ipswich

these will be crucial although looking at it the run is isn’t bad at al for us.

cc84cov

If we have the last home game to clinch promotion I wonder if all the “away games” only fans will turn up ;)

Users who are viewing this thread