Pointless 10 point deduction? (1 Viewer)

jimmyhillsfanclub

And when Otium/SISU directors do they same, they're publically castigated on here? Not saying they're right at all, but it's a totally level playing field.

ACL are as complicit in our issues as SISU, Otium, Fisher, Seppalla, CCC, Richardson, Ranson, Simon Cowell, Ant and Dec, The Tweenies, The bloke who cried on CWR and Spot the Dog

It can't be one rule for one and one rule for another.

WM

Oi...SBweeman.....take that back....Spot the Dog is innocent.....the rest on that list, however, are all utter utter c*nts.

covspain

'The club' or SISU?

Indeed, which is why the loyalty some show to ACL is baffling. Some people would be generally horrified if the club got the ricoh on the cheap.

I've never heard of people having their ashes scattered outside a Tesco, or the office of a stadium management company for that matter. Perhaps times are changing. When does the ACL replica shirt come out again?

fernandopartridge

Like it or not, the club is SISU and SISU is the club. It's a bitter pill but the club as SISU having some form of stake in the Ricoh is the only way forward at this moment.

covspain

What I meant to say was that I don't think any supporter would mind the club getting the Ricoh on the cheap. The problem is that if SISU own both the clud and the Ricoh they'll sell the club for a quid and will then be the landlords after having set their own terms.

fernandopartridge

What I meant to say was that I don't think any supporter would mind the club getting the Ricoh on the cheap. The problem is that if SISU own both the clud and the Ricoh they'll sell the club for a quid and will then be the landlords after having set their own terms.

Why do you think that will happen? What benefit would they gain out of the arrangement, knowing that the club cannot afford the rent?

wince

i'll say it again

you don't step over a pound to get to a penny.

a lot of people are seeing shitsu hate as acl love, but the biggest monkey on our back is shitsu. lets get rid of them 1st so the club can start to be rebuilt. also getting rid of shitsu has to be the 1st step in getting rid of acl, some of the other prospective buyers (if some press reports are to be believed) have/had agreements in place to buy either a full or part share of the ricoh so getting rid of shitsu and getting new owners in may well prove to be a 6 pointer.
top post

Moff

Never in the promotion chase last year in reality. This season is early days.

Yep never in the promotion chase last year, well not if you include sitting in sixth place a short while before admin, and yes this season early days, except these would be better days if we sat in fifth place with 14 points instead of 4. :facepalm:

thaiskyblue

A good run of results and people that can not see further than the end of there noses are having a go at acl, and backing sisu, i bet fisher and seppela are laughing at your blind loyalty, wake up until sisu go! This club will never go forward, i fear they are offloading debts that will totally kill us, good results yes , well done to pressly and the players, but wake and up and see the bigger picture here.

covmark

A good run of results and people that can not see further than the end of there noses are having a go at acl, and backing sisu, i bet fisher and seppela are laughing at your blind loyalty, wake up until sisu go! This club will never go forward, i fear they are offloading debts that will totally kill us, good results yes , well done to pressly and the players, but wake and up and see the bigger picture here.
it's people like you who can't see further than the end of their nose. Why is it blind loyalty to sisu to say ACL have a % of blame to take. This cva stuff cracks me up. ACL claiming to do*what's right by the club. What a crock.

Nick

Administrator

Why can it only be back or have a go at one side? Why is it so bad to think all sides have to shoulder some of the blame?

Covstu

Why can it only be back or have a go at one side? Why is it so bad to think all sides have to shoulder some of the blame?

I agree, SISU clearly started the issue with not paying the rent but ACL certainly haven't showered themselves with glory since this process. Again my view is that SISU need to have a club with revenue streams before they will sell and that is simply to buy the ground (or build one but i dont buy that). Getting rid of ACL is easy, SISU are doing a good job at that as we speak...

thaiskyblue

ACL are not blameless true, but they are dealing with sisu, i wont go into them i think most people know what they are about, but they have done so many bad things that most people just don't believe them or trust them , that is the main reason i want them to go, because i think the big gap between them and the supporters i feel will never be bridged , so we need new owners.

L

longjohnskyblue

In which case, don't hide behind the "we're doing it for the good of club" line. It is bullshit. The suggestion that they tried to force administration because of an obvious bluff by TF about liquidation and dressed it up as concern for the club was a lie, pure and simple. I'd have a lot more respect for them if they came out and said they were acting in their own interests.

Was it a bluff? He said if they didn't give sisu what they wanted they would go elsewhere - unless I am mistaken they aren't playing at Ricoh at the moment!

njdlawyer

I apologise if what follows has been written a thousand times before but there is a growing tendency, exhibited perfectly on this thread, to re-write history

Yes ACL screwed a previous ownership regime with the rent deal and thats not SISU's fault but lets not forget that the current demise began because SISU refused to pay rent full stop. Any company or organisation that has a customer that has up to £1.2million of goods or services and then refuses to pay for them would take strong, and probably legal action.

ACL did NOT put any part of the club into admin - SISU did so in order to keep control of the administration process within the confines of the law

I think that ACL were right not to just sign off on the CVA and allow SISU to carry on their merry way. OK all the issues over player registrations, movement of assets, non-filing of accounts etc may come to nothing but these are surely matters that do need investigating properly. If SISU remain as owners surely everyone wants to be satisfied that the club is being run responsibly and anyone that says that there are no questions to be asked in that regard are deluding themselves and ignoring the facts

Yes the 10 point deduction is bad right now but the alternative was to leave SISU to continue unfettered and unchallenged. A secretive (for perfectly proper reasons) organisation about which, in truth, we know very little which is run by individuals who have no relationship with or empathy towards the club or its supporters

If ACL had signed off the CVA and we were now (at Sixfields still of course) in fifth place does anyone seriously believe that we would not simply be storing up trouble for a later date? New Stadium in two and a half years?

Remember also that the only truly independent person who has examined the conduct of all parties thus far (the High Court Judge) placed the blame fairly and squarely in one direction and one direction only

To say that ACL are at fault or must "...shoulder some of the blame..." is a bit like saying that all of us must bear some of the blame for the banking crisis because they loaned all of us too much money

sky blue john

Is it all Acls fault for the 10point deduction ?
Do I remember Acl saying at one point they would sign the cva if Sisu dropped the JR and got back round the table ?????
So if the case Sisu were in a position to avoid the 10point penalty if they so wished !!!!!!!!

Excellent -- so they derailed the promotion push last season with a claim they had to put the club into administration to save it from liquidation and then they put us into liquidation which nullifies the fantastic start we have made. What a joke and still idiots on here claim they act in the clubs interests.

Everone who gets evicted from their premises always have a sob story, but it is simple to pay your rent and you will not be in a bad position( no -10 point last season and no -10 this season if rent paid)

Grendel

Everone who gets evicted from their premises always have a sob story, but it is simple to pay your rent and you will not be in a bad position( no -10 point last season and no -10 this season if rent paid)

Another "fan" more interested in the landlord than the football club.

lordsummerisle

Yeah, probably move into somewhere smaller that they can afford.

Thought people would have stopped with these fucking stupid house rental analogies by now.

fernandopartridge

Another "fan" more interested in the landlord than the football club.

Pay your rent even if in doing so you're absolutely destitute.

It's funny really - ACL couldn't pay its rent either (i.e. be being unable to repay the mortgage on its lease) it was bailed out by the landlord.

RoboCCFC90

i'll say it again

you don't step over a pound to get to a penny.

a lot of people are seeing shitsu hate as acl love, but the biggest monkey on our back is shitsu. lets get rid of them 1st so the club can start to be rebuilt. also getting rid of shitsu has to be the 1st step in getting rid of acl, some of the other prospective buyers (if some press reports are to be believed) have/had agreements in place to buy either a full or part share of the ricoh so getting rid of shitsu and getting new owners in may well prove to be a 6 pointer.

Not entirely the case, there was a strong rumour about six weeks ago that Haskell was on the verge of buying the ACL stake of the Arena within a two week time frame, this has not yet been completed six weeks on.

If ACL had prospective buyers had potential bidders for the Arena as a business I am sure we'd all know about it as that would put more pressure on SISU.

sky blue john

Not entirely the case, there was a strong rumour about six weeks ago that
Haskell was on the verge of buying the ACL stake of the Arena within a two week time frame, this has not yet been completed six weeks on.

If ACL had prospective buyers had potential bidders for the Arena as a business I am sure we'd all know about it as that would put more pressure on SISU.

So you don't think everything is quiet because of the JR review ?

Hobo

Why would anyone buy the Ricoh at the minute? Everyone knows the Ricoh is at its strongest with the football team on board.

Everyone knows the stance SISU have took would appear unsustainable.

So if I were a potential buyer I would wait until SISU realise their path is financial suicide and are desperate to sell. Buy the club at a realistic price, not a SISu inflated one during admin with artistic debt. Then I would be approaching ACL in control of an asset they want. Also my expectation of a share in the stadium may not be the same as SISUs and we may have more common ground to arrange a deal which is in the interests of both parties.

RoboCCFC90

You obviously haven't a clue what the JR is about then ?

Not having a clue about the Judical Review and not seeing it as a valid reason as to why ACL have kept schtum are two different things and one doesn't lead to the other. It's funny ACL have made other statements in the not to recent past, but when it comes to this rumour it's all quiet, is it because maybe it's bull and no one would take on that business because it has no leading money maker to make a sound profit?

Yes the Arena maybe me sustainable without the Football Club, however with the Football Club as tenants its a different ball game.

skybluetony176

Not having a clue about the Judical Review and not seeing it as a valid reason as to why ACL have kept schtum are two different things and one doesn't lead to the other. It's funny ACL have made other statements in the not to recent past, but when it comes to this rumour it's all quiet, is it because maybe it's bull and no one would take on that business because it has no leading money maker to make a sound profit?

Yes the Arena maybe me sustainable without the Football Club, however with the Football Club as tenants its a different ball game.

acl/ccc stated when the judge threw the JR out that the judicial review had stopped them saying and doing certain things and they would now be free to do so, but what they didn't expect shitsu to do (given the strength of the judges summing up and the fact that he threw it out at the very 1st oppertunity) was appeal. so maybe more might come out at the end of the appeal, maybe their was nothing to come out and acl/ccc were just putting the knife in, maybe what could come out is so bad that shitsu had no option to appeal while they try to come up with options. who knows.

letsallsingtogether

Bloody right which is why the loyalty some show to Sisu is baffling sell the Ricoh for cheap to sisu some people would revel in that?
Why what good would it do us when the new owners start charging us large rents then say it is in the best interest of there millionaire shareholders in the caymens?
Indeed, which is why the loyalty some show to ACL is baffling. Some people would be generally horrified if the club got the ricoh on the cheap.
As for scattering ashes outside the ground another show of contempt from our owners hope some one moves theirs to another part of the country.

I've never heard of people having their ashes scattered outside a Tesco, or the office of a stadium management company for that matter. Perhaps times are changing. When does the ACL replica shirt come out again?

RoboCCFC90

Bloody right which is why the loyalty some show to Sisu is baffling sell the Ricoh for cheap to sisu some people would revel in that?
Why what good would it do us when the new owners start charging us large rents then say it is in the best interest of there millionaire shareholders in the caymens?

I assume you have proof that SISU would do this?

skybluetony176

I assume you have proof that SISU would do this?

do you have proof that if shitsu buy the ricoh it will be the same the club owning the ricoh?

this is yet another assumption. i would be supprised should it happen that shitsu wouldn't be the land lord. a landlord who would know how much rent to charge and a club that isn't going to complain that the rent is too high.

a bit like the management fee's that shitsu put the ltd into liquidation for. timmy was'nt complaining that the management fee's from shitsu were too high, their was no statements made to the press, no examples of management fee's paid by other 1st division clubs. yet that was the debt that we went into administration for, not the un-paid rent.

Mucca Mad Boys

do you have proof that if shitsu buy the ricoh it will be the same the club owning the ricoh?

this is yet another assumption. i would be supprised should it happen that shitsu wouldn't be the land lord. a landlord who would know how much rent to charge and a club that isn't going to complain that the rent is too high.

a bit like the management fee's that shitsu put the ltd into liquidation for. timmy was'nt complaining that the management fee's from shitsu were too high, their was no statements made to the press, no examples of management fee's paid by other 1st division clubs. yet that was the debt that we went into administration for, not the un-paid rent.

I do recall ACL (well Higgs) somewhere stating that if they sell, they'll make sure it's in the club's name. I stand to be corrected.

SonOfSnoz

Mcginnity's seating company is to blame & Richardson's creation of CCFC Holdings!
Sisu buy distressed companies & repair them, can people not see the benefit of City playing in a smaller stadium & with kids making the team up?
You never know, we might end up in our own stadium, in cov(ish) & back in the prem!

Users who are viewing this thread