Match Thread Plymouth (A)- Wednesday 14th Feb (6 Viewers)

JohnWH

I overall thought this was a thoroughly entertaining match. Not top quality, just entertaining, from both teams giving it a real go. It was tough watching at times (both literally, and figuratively). Looking forward to the weekend now.

Matt smith

Rowe is a phenomenal talent. They’re the one team that I do worry about.

Hull, Preston, West Brom, Sunderland are teams I think at our best we’ll beat and get more points than
I am suprised at Preston’s run, 3 points week on Friday at home would be massive.

Hull it’s whether they click.

west brom will be in there, corberan knows how to get results without really catching the eye

hes superb in terms of organising his teams to defend and grind out wins

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I am suprised at Preston’s run, 3 points week on Friday at home would be massive.

Hull it’s whether they click.

west brom will be in there, corberan knows how to get results without really catching the eye

hes superb in terms of organising his teams to defend and grind out wins
I live in West Brom and have in law baggies… we’re recently having the argument as to who’s a better manager Robins v Corberan. They’re somewhat similar to ourselves.

they’ve had bad luck with strikers (I don’t rate Dike - but he’s their only striker and out for the season) and a lot of the time they should win more games than they do but for stupid errors.

HadjiChippo

Got a similar feeling to the last minute draw with Blackburn last season, yeah that was a more critical time of the season but every game we go without losing is massive for morale. Plus the mental edge of holding that 6th place, could be huge for us down the line.

pusbccfc

One pathetic thing to note tonight was that embarrassing song sang by a few.

One, it was sung by Sunderland previously.
Two, Sunderland fans got rightly criticised for it.

Thankfully most rightly moaned about it.

JoeCCFCPUSB

Shocking performance, can really see when we don't have our actual usual starters playing just how piss poor we are. Godden is just terrible, the sooner he goes the better. Bobby Thomas is so unreliable and just rash and gives the ball away every single match, we need to sign someone in the summer and have Bobby as a backup.
Dasilva anytime i see his name on the team sheet im worried, he can't defend and it's as simple as that.
Torp is an absolute unbelievable signing, he controlled everything for us tonight.
The summer will be crucial for us, we need a centre back, midfielder, attacking midfielder, winger and a forward.

shmmeee

Last season was exciting bc we stormed a half season surge to nail a play off place in the final weeks.
This season is so far exciting bc we're in the mix much earlier.
Not sure which is better for the nerves, but I'm enjoying the ride

I think some people expected us to just carry on where we left off and are upset we aren’t comfortable in the play offs. I was expecting midtable mediocrity so even flirting with the play offs is great. But as you say we’re up there far earlier than we were last season. Even if we fall short we’ve outdone expectations in my eyes.

Chris1987

Shocking performance, can really see when we don't have our actual usual starters playing just how piss poor we are. Godden is just terrible, the sooner he goes the better. Bobby Thomas is so unreliable and just rash and gives the ball away every single match, we need to sign someone in the summer and have Bobby as a backup.
Dasilva anytime i see his name on the team sheet im worried, he can't defend and it's as simple as that.
Torp is an absolute unbelievable signing, he controlled everything for us tonight.
The summer will be crucial for us, we need a centre back, midfielder, attacking midfielder, winger and a forward.
We have had a lot of games in a relatively short timespan. The point is that we started without Sheaf , COH , Wright & Saka , arguably the 4 best players in our team. The plain fact is that we still got a point. Take the 4 best players out of any Championship side and they will struggle
We are far better placed than last year and whilst the squad needs additions the first choice 11 is a match for any side in this league. Rome wasn't built in a day and I would prefer to wait to sign the right players as opposed to panic signings which won't benefit the club in the longer term. After what we were left with after the end of last season the signings have been generally extremely good. Every player will have a bad game once in a while. We're in the mix and I don't think that we could have expected any more than that.

djr8369

Why’s Robins kicking off at social media? He’s been in the game long enough to know football fans are a strange breed

99% of us are erratic idiots! That’s not just Coventry fans, that’s football fans in general.

he can check out any teams socials and find that in the first minute Player A is their best player… 50 mins in Hes shite and at the end of the game he’s back to being god
To be fair he’s constantly criticised for changing the team and not playing the best 11. It’s been a consistent theme for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread