Match Thread Plymouth (A)- Wednesday 14th Feb (1 Viewer)

steve101

Decent first half without creating many clear cut chances. Torp needs to release the ball earlier. Think Sakamota would make a real impact.
I wish we had managed to buy Whittaker. Very quick and lively.
Latibeudiere has done well in midfield again. Thomas the standout player.

Esoterica

Only 1 team in 15 matches have been beating Plymouth at home at HT. They are a first half team. Knowing we've got Wright to bring on for Da Silva is an exciting upgrade for the 2nd half.

HadjiChippo

Not a bad first half, just not clinical enough in front of goal.
Bobby Thomas has been a Brick wall, absolute class.
JDS has actually been a pretty decent LW.
We need to coach that petulant fouling out of Simms, twice today he’s fouled a defender under pressure when he didn’t need to.
As long as we don’t gift them a silly goal, this game is ours for the taking if we get haji and saka on.

shepardo01

Well we should be ahead

As a team I think we've played pretty well , couple of mistakes given them a chance or 2
That's the worry,
Dasilva very sloppy in possession at times.
Torp been off too.
As I said previously - and as did Frostie, they look dangerous on the counter.

robbiethemole

Bidwell was offside for the Godden miss, so it wouldn't have counted!!
Not a bad half really, Simms showing some aggression and hold up play, we look fairly set in midfield so far.
Hudds beating Sunderland at ht.

Londonccfcfan

Totally dominant display. Really can't afford to be missing chances when on top. Have to be more clinical..but final ball isn't great too. Goddens been better since the miss. Wouldn't change anything yet.

Simms has been good too. Another 20 mins.

Briles

Considering the players missing I’m happy with that half

Paxman II

We bossed the game, nullified Plymouth but lack a final penetration. Plymouth's only chances are ones we have given them so we must tighten those small errors up. We need a punch up front, perhaps Wright & Sako will be on very soon to provide the missing link. Lots of effort from Palmer but not his game day today, think we would be better with Eccles at this point. From where we stand we are massive favorites to win this!

Jarvo87

Quite enjoyed that. Open game which by my reckoning we’ve had the better of. Not everything has come off but overall this is ours to win, and think we still will. Sorry to say, but Godden’s miss was atrocious for this level, shocking.

TomRad85

Think we were alright tbh. Still feel like they are going to score on a break at some point so we'll probably need to put one away ourselves to get anything.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

stupot07

Our crossing is pretty poor, Bidwells cross to Godden is the only completed cross from the who team from 18 attempts.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Warwickhunt

Only 1 team in 15 matches have been beating Plymouth at home at HT. They are a first half team. Knowing we've got Wright to bring on for Da Silva is an exciting upgrade for the 2nd half.
Don't know if Dasilva has been touching the ball? Can't see cos of the fog and they got a camera so far back its like watching subuteo😅

hinckley cov

Tough watch that, Goddens miss an absolute horror show, if he’s fully match fit he scores that. If that was Wright I’d be going mad so I have to critique the same.

Look good at the back but without Saka and ohare , we look a bit lost up top
Match fit , what you talking about you don’t need to be match fit to score from there , that’s an absolute joke , that was as easy as they come , don’t know why Robins keeps picking him .

Astute

A good performance so far against a side strong at home. They've had a hard time lately including extra time in the cup.

Good call Robins. Now just put Wright on for Godden at 70 minutes if still needed.

Astute

Match fit , what you talking about you don’t need to be match fit to score from there , that’s an absolute joke , that was as easy as they come , don’t know why Robins keeps picking him .
Maybe something to do with a game about every 3 days?

Warwickhunt

Palmer looking a threat now and causing them problems.

Saka and Wright on at some point and we can beat these.

I think it's been a decent performance really.
When they don't grapple with Palmer he looks like he's got the winning pass in him

Alkhen

Simms has been fine, nothing less nothing more. Some handy hold up play skyed a half chance. Got to stick with him as I think his confidence is shot as it is.

I'd be tempted to give it 10 mins then if we don't break through I'd put on Tats for Godden and move Simms through the centre

Users who are viewing this thread