Match Thread Plymouth (A)- Wednesday 14th Feb (5 Viewers)

TomRad85

"So Mark, what was your thinking behind tonight's starting line up?"

Robins:
Drunk GIF

covcity4life

Robins clearly gone for rotation.

Rest for wright and saka. O hare unavailable

Defence is strong. Midfield is decent with one ball winner one player maker and one number 10.

It's just front 3 which is scaring ppl. Simms can do a job on right I think. Godden can finish. Da Silva is good technically

We didn't buy any wide players for rest of this season so this is what we have to expect. Let's see how we do

SkyblueTexan

Not very impressed with that lineup.

ProfessorbyGrace

I’ll be the (at least) 4th person to refer to that lineup as ‘interesting’.

I’d feel a lot more secure if we have regular updates to say that the subs are warming up a lot. 👍🏻

Alkhen

No idea, I think Da Silva might play left wing
I can see why we'd try Dasilva higher up, we're so short in that position (excuse the pun). Millwall did pump balls over him for the first 30 mins on Sunday, so Bidwell offers a bit more protection. He was decent going forward the last two matches and he is a fine defender 1on1 so may be good snuffing out Whittaker

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

I can see why we'd try Dasilva higher up, we're so short in that position (excuse the pun). Millwall did pump balls over him for the first 30 mins on Sunday, so Bidwell offers a bit more protection. He was decent going forward the last two matches and he is a fine defender 1on1 so may be good snuffing out Whittaker
He played there away at leeds for the first 60 or so minutes (iirc) and was ok there

ms639

This is going to be a robins masterclass watch this space, tight until 65, hooks godden, Simms through the middle. Tats and Wright on 2-0 win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

long way home

I would assume they are pushing JDS on to play in front of Bidwell and Whittaker will be the reason. Double up on him when we can.

Frostie

Obviously mindful of their attacking strength down their right flank so Dasilva in front of Bidwell to offer some support.

They usually play a back 3 of late, Bali Mumba is a very good , attack minded RWB & with Whittaker on the right of a front 3 they would likely cause us problems 2v1 in that area.
Just realised Mumba isn't starting... Probably be Sorinola down that side.

JSL

I'm wondering if COH and Wright have been dropped for the penalty rock scissor stone episode against Millwall.

JohnWH

FFS!! I've just bought ifollow pass without looking on here first, maybe it's going to be £10 wasted
I did that for the Rotherham match. I shudder at that feeling of being let down.
Then, just went ahead and bought the half-season pass, so my disappointments can be spread out without having regretful of trying to pick and choose at random

SBT

For the people moaning about the lineup - this is why you might want to consider resting first choice wingers like Sakamoto against lower league opposition in the Cup

Great_Expectations

Just finished work after a long, long day and that line up hasn’t massively cheered me up.

However on reflection, it’s not too bad, other than DaSilva that front four are all attacking players. And DaSilva isn’t a winger but is good on the ball so can contribute offensively.

Plus, Wright and Sakamoto are massive impact players to bring on.

Still optimistic.

Sbarcher

Need to be playing our strongest team against this lot. Goal difference is likely to play an important part going forward and we need to pile on the goals.

Users who are viewing this thread