Match Thread Plymouth (A)- Wednesday 14th Feb (2 Viewers)

Cally Fedora

Shouldn’t underestimate how good they are at home. That’s a good point. We look tired down our right side. Godden just isn’t up to it. Wright, Simms, Saka is out front three but we can’t play them every game. I’d rather just see the raw pace of Tavares rather than Godden. What a find Torp is. Best game I’ve seen Da Silva have.

Mucca Mad Boys

Hahaha… what absolute stinker of a game.

I’ll take the point.

Robins. Play the strongest team next time please.

Torp again with a fantastic ball in for the first and last goal.
Overall, we played quite well in the first half and had Godden put us 1-0 up, it’s probable we stay on the front foot.

Ironically, it was when we brought on our starters that we looked more vulnerable.

Palmer isn’t on that same level as COH and in my view, he’s a role player if his final third play doesn’t improve. We missed COH tonight.

covcity4life

You constantly moan about confirmation bias but palmer was poor. He delivers once every 3 games and you need big players to step up in games like this.
I never said he played well. I said that's why he stayed on pitch till the very end.

Need any more clarification or you just looking for an argument?

dadgad

Simms and Torp our best players, Da Silva and Van Ewyk not bad neither.
Thomas - one to forget and move on.
Good point!! 👍👍👍✅✅✅👏👏👏

AiS86

And then when players break down with injury complain that the squad is too small 🤣
Then throw on top "why has x been dropped?" they've not, they're being rested, you get dropped when you're not playing well

Paul Anthony

Tell you what, we've found a right gem in Torp, and he's only going to get better with more minutes under him. I'm excited to see him grow as a player.

Really tough game, that. We didn't help ourselves at all tonight, feels like a missed opportunity for three points with the chances we've had, but at the end of the season, that point could make the difference. We need to be better though, a few clean sheets wouldn't go amiss.

Astute

…it’s how the whole move started. Anyway enough of that
But why?

Had enough of people taking cheap shots at our players. Simms had a shot. He missed. They took the ball up our end and got an OG. Shouldn't we shoot just incase they get the ball then score an OG?

Simms wasn't brilliant today. But he scored and didn't play badly at all.

Well done Torp yet again. A good point against a side solid at home.

Grendel

Take the point, just about clinging on to sixth. Massive missed opportunity to be honest. Need to improve.

Not really

They are on a good run and we had key players missing. You’d take a draw at the start with stoke as a winnable game.

djr8369

Thought we were decent at times considering the conditions. Plymouth were just a bit slicker and crisper and we faded as the second half went on. Bit fortunate with the equaliser but then so were they with their second.

On balance they deserved the win but will take a point. Consider we were missing two key players and didn’t risk two others for the full 90.

Simms was great.

Grendel

But why?

Had enough of people taking cheap shots at our players. Simms had a shot. He missed. They took the ball up our end and got an OG. Shouldn't we shoot just incase they get the ball then score an OG?

Simms wasn't brilliant today. But he scored and didn't play badly at all.

Well done Torp yet again. A good point against a side solid at home.

Simms wasn’t brilliant - brilliant is as much an hyperbole as saying he was rubbish

Macca

Going at 1.5 points per game. Continue that makes 69 points. Need to lift it a bit and turn some of those draws into 3 pts. However I’m delighted tonight

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

SBA deserved that equaliser for the long trip down there on a week night, and then backing the lads like they did through that weather.

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

shmmeee

What is wrong with people, why can they not wrap their head around the fact you can't play your strongest 11 every game?

SBT rules:

- whoever touched the ball last is to blame if we concede a goal

- strikers should score every shot less than 30 yards from goal

- player fatigue is a MSM lie

- if a through ball doesn’t come off it’s terrible passing and proof the player is a nearly man.

Astute

Thought we were decent at times considering the conditions. Plymouth were just a bit slicker and crisper and we faded as the second half went on. Bit fortunate with the equaliser but then so were they with their second.

On balance they deserved the win but will take a point. Consider we were missing two key players and didn’t risk two others for the full 90.

Simms was great.
Simms wasn't great. But he was better than some would want tou to believe.

Jarvo87

Slightly flukey equaliser but well deserved. Overall thought we were the better team for most of the game in tough conditions; stats suggest same. Some inconsistent performances but bag the point, move on.

Still in a play off spot but tightening up. Baggies the big winners from this round of games.

Happy enough overall. Ratings thread will be an interesting read I reckon…..

Whittaker would be a joy to see in sky blue next season

Users who are viewing this thread