Please Take Us Home! (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

We know that ML AND TF read this forum and most likely if they do then ACL/CCC workers would also so this is a thread started for them to read and to feel how we feel and what we would like to happen.

This is a 2 part response I am after.

I want your best heart felt responses to what playing in Northampton means and feels like and 2 what you would like to happen this summer. I will go first to get the ball rolling.

1. The move to Northampton has me feel weak and takes enjoyment out of a big part of my life as I cant go because I don't feel its right not because of money or travel. Simple as that. The buzz I get out of watching CCFC and us scoring and winning is great but has feel tarnished and it hurts every single time I see anything regarding CCFC and sixfields knowing fans are arguing and leaving in their droves. I haven't given up my support and never will but I feel us fans deserve better and a certain amount of success and a Ricoh return will see many come back.

2. I don't really care about the past now as its gone and I respect nothing will happen till at least the JR is over but please please please can everyone who can do something about this horrible heart-breaking situation do their best to just return us to the Ricoh this summer. I don't really care how (within reason) but to watch and buy a season ticket again at the Ricoh would make my year. I can deal with wage cuts and Jordan Clarke up front but I cant deal with sixfields.

Tim, Mark, Joy and all CCC/ACL directors pull together for us fans and the future of the club even if you cant do business together.

All we want is our club back home.

kg82

Sorry but screw them. Desperation and reason won't make a mark on them... Any of them. They don't care about the club, just what is in the best interests in each camp and apparently the best way to go around it is play games with a 131 year old club, piss off thousands of loyal fans and turn quite a few in to condescending, argumentative 10 year old grown men. So for all I care, every single one of them can go f*%$ themselves. In my opinion of course.

Kingokings204

Kudos to the effort though mate, nothing against that!

I know what you said isn't against me and I agree with you tbh, it will do nothing but we are all Cov fans at the end of the day arguments and bickering aside and I think all of us just want cov back at the Ricoh regardless of anything else.

The guys who actually can do something read these forums so maybe just one comment may register.

Last edited:

kg82

I know what you said isn't against me and I agree with you tbh, it will do nothing but we are all Cov fans at the end of the day arguments and bickering aside and I think all of us just want cov back at the Ricoh regardless of anything else.

Absolutely. I want us back at the Ricoh. I want us playing at a higher level. Couldn't agree more. But with the parties involved... No amount of reasoning will work. It's like telling UKIP being part of the EU is the way forward!

Samo

We know that ML AND TF read this forum and most likely if they do then ACL/CCC workers would also so this is a thread started for them to read and to feel how we feel and what we would like to happen.

I want your best heart felt responses to what playing in Northampton means and feels like and 2 what you would like to happen this summer. I will go first to get the ball rolling.

1. The move to Northampton has me feel weak and takes enjoyment out of a big part of my life as I cant go because I don't feel its right not because of money or travel. Simple as that. The buzz I get out of watching CCFC and us scoring and winning is great but has feel tarnished and it hurts every single time I see anything regarding CCFC and sixfields knowing fans are arguing and leaving in their droves. I haven't given up my support and never will but I feel us fans deserve better and a certain amount of success and a Ricoh return will see many come back.

2. I don't really care about the past now as its gone and I respect nothing will happen till at least the JR is over but please please please can everyone who can do something about this horrible heart-breaking situation do their best to just return us to the Ricoh this summer. I don't really care how (within reason) but to watch and buy a season ticket again at the Ricoh would make my year. I can deal with wage cuts and Jordan Clarke up front but I cant deal with sixfields.

Tim, Mark, Joy and all CCC/ACL directors pull together for us fans and the future of the club even if you cant do business together.

Problem is, its not heart-breaking to them, just business and ego.

Sky Blue Harry H

Same old same old. Totally given up on all this now. Looking elsewhere to watch football next season

Northampton Town ?

Can't believe anybody who has totally given up would take time to log on here (let alone post a comment)?

skybluetony176

It's not about distance it's about belonging. CCFC belong first and foremost to the people of Coventry and secondly to the wider community. I am from the wider community, I am not a Covtarian (if that's even a word) and I live closer to Suxfields than I do the Ricoh but I would never ever step foot in Suxfields as a home supporter of CCFC because the heart is missing. SISU may have taken the club to Northampton but they left the heart in Coventry. The heart is what people follow in football for the most part and this is why the Northampton move was doomed to failure from the first breath. This is why also a move to the Coventry "area" is also doomed. You can fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

Mr Fisher. You had the opportunity to do something great with CCFC. Everyone for generations will know who Jimmy Hill was long after he's gone because he's left a legacy. No one will remember the names of hedge fund stooges.

Sky Blue Harry H

Sadly thousands have given up and dont post on here

I know what you mean mate, but to be honest we've still got a large fanbase who will surface at the drop of the hat if the wind changes direction. Admittedly if these clowns carry on beyond next season, still pretending to be doing something, yet still slowly suffocating us, it may be harder to do - but on a personal level, I'm more committed to attending more home matches when we return to Coventry (preferably without these monkeys on our back). Just one fan, but who knows !

Mr Fisher. You had the opportunity to do something great with CCFC. Everyone for generations will know who Jimmy Hill was long after he's gone because he's left a legacy. No one will remember the names of hedge fund stooges.

I fear Fisher might be remembered as the man who oversaw the demise of a once great club - sadly. :(

Mr T - Sukka!

Cracking post mate. Sadly your thoughts and feeling are not worth anything when it comes to SISU.

They want you to contribute £, not your passion or opinions.

kg82

The thing is, there is such a sense of apathy it's soul destroying. I don't mean in the kind of "it'll sort itself out" apathy, more the anything tried just seems to be a complete waste of time with the parties involved apathy. I'm trying to not feel hard done by, but I keep wondering how this happened to my football club.

Football without fans is nothing, and unfortunately the noises our fans make fall on deaf ears.

Hobo

The heart felt plea was tried before they moved us. They don't care what anyone thinks they are totally insensitive to the community they are destroying.

Paxman II

I wish it were that simple. However you may feel, there are two sides to every story. While ending up in Northampton would seem extreme the reasoning for leaving the Ricoh was a sound one. The blame is on both sides. Complaining at the hedge fund monsters is one side of that story but we should be complaining at the council and ACL just as vigorously.

kg82

I wish it were that simple. However you may feel, there are two sides to every story. While ending up in Northampton would seem extreme the reasoning for leaving the Ricoh was a sound one. The blame is on both sides. Complaining at the hedge fund monsters is one side of that story but we should be complaining at the council and ACL just as vigorously.

And complaining to the council/ACL would have the same result... Nothing. This is what I'm saying, both sides are in it for themselves, who gives a crap what the fans think.

letsallsingtogether

I have just got back from a forum with TF ML and JS they said that they know how we feel but it is not going to happen not this season not ever!!

Said that they would just not be able to make any money at the Ricoh regardless end of story move on.

Completely gutted.

Mr T - Sukka!

I have just got back from a forum with TF ML and JS they said that they know how we feel but it is not going to happen not this season not ever!!

Said that they would just not be able to make any money at the Ricoh regardless end of story move on.

Completely gutted.

Where was the fourum held pal?

Im not giving these people any of my cash til they fuck off. I dont care how long it takes. If they are here for 10 more years i wont go.

Their attitude is one of we do what we like. Doesnt matter what you think.

Well i cannot speak for all fans, but if they think they can treat me like a twat then im having no part of it.

Bunch of losers!

Kingokings204

Completely gutted.

That is strange strange news. Where was this meeting and how many were there? Also they say never ever but then why are they still perusing it and how can they ever make money at Northampton?

Absolute bonkers talk

letsallsingtogether

At Christ the King there were about 15 of us in total and I believe there was another small forum this afternoon.
They just don't trust each other and they say that because of the ACL connection they will never be able to make any money.

Plan A is a new build there are three sites running side by side and they will then have to get planning permission which is not guaranteed.

Tim also said that the league were happy to close down Cov if we never found a new home to play our games

Sorry but looks like we are doomed the future does not look bright no matter how they paint it they said there aim is the Prem asap
That is strange strange news. Where was this meeting and how many were there? Also they say never ever but then why are they still perusing it and how can they ever make money at Northampton?

Absolute bonkers talk

sweeno70

So they are happy losing money by playing in Northampton and now I read a post saying that they are not able to make any money at the Ricoh !!!" You do the math" as they say !! To me it seems like they don't want to make money,but just use us as a place to dump their debt !!!

italiahorse

So they are happy losing money by playing in Northampton and now I read a post saying that they are not able to make any money at the Ricoh !!!" You do the math" as they say !! To me it seems like they don't want to make money,but just use us as a place to dump their debt !!!

No matter how you look at it to still have £70M debt AFTER an administration seems odd.
IMHO Sisu are somehow offloading debt from other parts of the business into the club.
At what point do they cast us adrift and move on without the debt ?

Samo

At Christ the King there were about 15 of us in total and I believe there was another small forum this afternoon.
They just don't trust each other and they say that because of the ACL connection they will never be able to make any money.

Plan A is a new build there are three sites running side by side and they will then have to get planning permission which is not guaranteed.

Tim also said that the league were happy to close down Cov if we never found a new home to play our games

Sorry but looks like we are doomed the future does not look bright no matter how they paint it they said there aim is the Prem asap

Ah that will be why they are investing so heavily in the squad! I see the business plan now!

Gary.j

No matter how you look at it to still have £70M debt AFTER an administration seems odd.
IMHO Sisu are somehow offloading debt from other parts of the business into the club.
At what point do they cast us adrift and move on without the debt ?

At what point do we cast them (sisu) adrift, and start again?

SkyBlueHomer

Been wondering this for a while now. At any level the golden rule to investing is 'don't go chasing your losses'. Maybe these investors are a mystery because they don't exist. Is it possible for debts are just moved around from other investments within SISU's portfolio? I'm not a fully qualified accountant so not for me to say this is possible.

Kingokings204

It just doesn't make sense though. Any of it. Why still pursue the Ricoh and pay expensive legal fees in the process? I wouldn't if I wasn't interested.

They want premier league football lol good one. More believable if had a good budget and ambition and knowledge.

Plan A is build a new stadium but a year on and let's face it nothing. 3 sites is just picking 3 bits of land you can find quickly and state you have 3 sites. Crazy.

Sadly the one point to your post I agree with is we are doomed.

If we are in so much debt what was admin all about and if still debts exist can't we just go all out and have a 5m wage budget and just go for broke. May as well

The Reverend Skyblue

In my opinion Fisher and co have to try everything to convince the fans that they have no other option but to build legoland, so the fans turn the pressure on to CCC even more and in big numbers,especially in the run up to the JR.

Nothing has changed from this small forum tonight,the stadium has more chance of being built as I have swimming the Atlantic non stop under water with no breathing apparatus
He is trying to create hysteria amongst the fans so they turn on the council.The threat the league would be "happy" to close us down is a further pathetic attempt at creating this

They have only one plan, and we all know what this is.

Wish he would be at least be consistent with how many sites we are down to for legoland,one week it's 3, last month it was 2 , the month before was different.

Plan A ,has always been the Ricoh,there was never and will never be a plan B. Get back to watching total recall on ITV and ignore what he has said tonight

Last edited:

SkyblueBazza

Most if not all will agree with the intention of the OP but something along the line "may as well piss into the wind" springs to mind.

PUSB

junglej13

I really can see no end to this mess. I honestly think a future for ccfc without sisu and playing in the city could be another 3-4 years away by which point there will be barely anyone left to care.

skybluetony176

In my opinion Fisher and co have to try everything to convince the fans that they have no other option but to build legoland, so the fans turn the pressure on to CCC even more and in big numbers,especially in the run up to the JR.
Nothing has changed from this small forum tonight,the stadium has more chance of being built as I have swimming the Atlantic non stop under water with no breathing apparatus
He is trying to create hysteria amongst the fans so they turn on the council.The threat the league would be "happy" to close us down is a further pathetic attempt at creating this

They have only one plan, and we all know what this is.

Wish he would be at least consistent with how many sites we are down to for legoland,one week it's 3, last month it was 2 , the month before was different.

Plan A ,has always been the Ricoh,there was never and will never be a plan B. Get back to watching total recall on ITV and ignore what he has said tonight

Nail on the head.

covmark

Completely gutted.

This is dire!

skybluetony176

Completely gutted.

I would take anything sisu say this side of the JR with a huge pinch of salt. I don't know who they're trying to convince. Us, ACL, CCC or themselves.

(Edit) forgot about the FL.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread