Please Take Us Home! (2 Viewers)

ccfcway

At Christ the King there were about 15 of us in total and I believe there was another small forum this afternoon.
They just don't trust each other and they say that because of the ACL connection they will never be able to make any money.

Plan A is a new build there are three sites running side by side and they will then have to get planning permission which is not guaranteed.

Tim also said that the league were happy to close down Cov if we never found a new home to play our games

Sorry but looks like we are doomed the future does not look bright no matter how they paint it they said there aim is the Prem asap

so Plan A is the new stadium now. I thought Plan A was getting back to the Ricoh and new stadium was plan B ?

" league were happy to close down Cov if we never found a new home to play our games" - well, arent we 3 weeks away from announcing the 2 sites ?

Meting 15 people in an unannounced "fans forum".

What a joke !

Samo

I would take anything sisu say this side of the JR with a huge pinch of salt. I don't know who they're trying to convince. Us, ACL, CCC or themselves.

(Edit) forgot about the FL.

Well yes, but I would prefer to be bullshitted by the organ grinder, not the monkeys.

ccfcway

He is trying to create hysteria amongst the fans so they turn on the council.The threat the league would be "happy" to close us down is a further pathetic attempt at creating this

They cant even get this one right. Over 80% of the fans no longer go to home games, yet they try to create hysteria by speaking to 15 of them !

smouch1975

Sadly thousands have given up and dont post on here

I don't know. It certainly make for less zeros and ones colliding around the internet when trying to post here.

Imagine Nicks extra workload if the server was always down from been in user meltdown all the time!

Every cloud............

Last edited:

Paxman II

I have just got back from a forum with TF ML and JS they said that they know how we feel but it is not going to happen not this season not ever!!

Said that they would just not be able to make any money at the Ricoh regardless end of story move on.

Completely gutted.

So just a handful get to see the almighty JS attend a small forum? The woman who keeps her self out of the spotlight/ The press had no access? We are to believe what you say as true? I'm not convinced, especially with the statement that makes it sound even more stupid. You sure you are not making this up? :)

Paxman II

..actually if that statement were indeed true then their would be nothing to stop SISU from releasing a press statement to that effect would there?

dongonzalos

..actually if that statement were indeed true then their would be nothing to stop SISU from releasing a press statement to that effect would there?

I was there I heard that statement and I didn't believe it.
Nothing personnel against them its just business and they are trying to get their best angle IMO

Paxman II

Here's the real facts ( as reported by the press) a somewhat different slant on matters to that said by 'letsallsingtogether'.
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/sisu-boss-joy-seppala-outlines-7189081

Now I can believe in what was said though in reading the report, rather disturbing to suggest Joy is immovable to a return to the Ricoh while Fisher is proclaiming they could? Is this bad press coverage or actually what was said? Perhaps those there can enlighten us without opining into fantasy?

DazzleTommyDazzle

I really can see no end to this mess. I honestly think a future for ccfc without sisu and playing in the city could be another 3-4 years away by which point there will be barely anyone left to care.

This is my concern.

Even if we accept SISU's position that the only future for the club is with a new stadium, I simply cannot see any logical reason why they don't move heaven and earth to do a short term rental deal with ACL while the new stadium is built.

The short term financial impact could hardly fail to be an improvement on Sixfields and even if (somehow???) it wasn't, there would be a massive long term benefit from maintaining a fan base ready to follow them to the new stadium.

Tim also said that the league were happy to close down Cov if we never found a new home to play our games

This is the bit that worries me. FL again - Real Football, Real Fans - my arse :jerkit:

henry the wasp

The fan who did not wish to be named said, "If you were a neutral you would believe her (JS)".
What, neutral like say a judge is neutral?
Some right gullible Arseholes about. Still, at least you got to meet her. That's the important thing.

ccfcway

Here's the real facts ( as reported by the press) a somewhat different slant on matters to that said by 'letsallsingtogether'.
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/sisu-boss-joy-seppala-outlines-7189081

Now I can believe in what was said though in reading the report, rather disturbing to suggest Joy is immovable to a return to the Ricoh while Fisher is proclaiming they could? Is this bad press coverage or actually what was said? Perhaps those there can enlighten us without opining into fantasy?

the real facts ?. they are quoting one support who didnt wish to be named. It may well be facts, just as much as another support who went on here

dongonzalos

All three of them said a return to the Ricoh isn't going to happen last night. You didn't have one saying yes and the other saying no last night

However when put them on the spot 'are you saying you would never return to the negotiating table?' all three hesitated. It was a clear hesitation, they was not a no answer to that. Unfortunately in the time they paused and hesitated someone jumped in with a completely irrelevant comment. A shame really but to me it showed they still want the Ricoh.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

This is my concern.

Even if we accept SISU's position that the only future for the club is with a new stadium, I simply cannot see any logical reason why they don't move heaven and earth to do a short term rental deal with ACL while the new stadium is built.

The short term financial impact could hardly fail to be an improvement on Sixfields and even if (somehow???) it wasn't, there would be a massive long term benefit from maintaining a fan base ready to follow them to the new stadium.

It would finance ACL which would damage the real agenda

chiefdave

All three of them said a return to the Ricoh isn't going to happen last night. You didn't have one saying yes and the other saying no last night

Its not surprising there is confusion, people have come back from other meetings reporting that going back to the Ricoh is plan A! This is why I think they need to make a clear statement about what they want. Its great that they're meeting fans but if people are coming away with different ideas of what is going on it's not really helping.

Paxman II

What's the point of meeting with a handful of fans? Surely if they have something to say they should say it in a press release. With the JR around the corner I fail to see why Joy and her cohorts made this effort, which seems totally against the grain of reasoning?

Users who are viewing this thread