Players you didn't like till they signed for CCFC (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

I felt sorry for Rosario at first- 91/92 and in the midst of the dire run of draws under Don Howe we drew 0-0 with Norwich, he tried to volley the ball into the box from out wide late in the game & shanked it straight into the kop- the whole ground got on his back, he got the brunt of all the frustration & you could tell he wanted the ground to swallow him up. He looked so far off the pace I wanted him off just to spare him the abuse he was getting... fast forward a few months and he was part of the brilliant 5 man forward line of him, Smith, Ndlovu, Gallacher, Quinn & putting 5 past Blackburn, Liverpool, hammering Villa and playing some very exciting stuff in that little golden period of 92/93- then he was gone to Forest never to be heard of again.
Rumour I heard was that he'd shagged Micky Gynn's missus!

Contrary to usskyblue, I remember it that he was abysmal up front first, then a revelation when moved into midfield in that attacking line up you mention? EDIT: After Smith's time? Williams is who you're thinking of!

Ring Of Steel

Contrary to usskyblue, I remember it that he was abysmal up front first, then a revelation when moved into midfield in that attacking line up you mention?

Pretty much every footballer I've heard- when Rosario happens to come up- say that he was very arrogant and didn't get on with various people at his various clubs.

Ring Of Steel

Great shout to be fair. I look back on that time uneasy. Loved him when he was here but in retrospect supporting him doesn’t sit well.

Especially when he left the way he did, leaving us open to piss taking & further abuse for being stupid enough to support him when he was here.

usskyblue

Contrary to usskyblue, I remember it that he was abysmal up front first, then a revelation when moved into midfield in that attacking line up you mention? EDIT: After Smith's time? Williams is who you're thinking of!

Word was he didn’t get on with Bobby Gould. And yeah, you’re probably right about which way around the positions were, I just remember him improving vastly once he changed position.

SkyBlueSid

I hated Larry Lloyd, mainly because of my hatred of Liverpool and the fact that he had the turning circle of the Queen Mary. I decided to suspend my hatred and give him a chance but soon realised what a useless camel he really was. The rest of the squad seemed to despise him too. We were acquainted with some of the players in those days and they resented his 'big team' attitude and the fact that he was earning more than them. When the players had a post-match pint he was always sat on his own.

Brighton Sky Blue

I hated Larry Lloyd, mainly because of my hatred of Liverpool and the fact that he had the turning circle of the Queen Mary. I decided to suspend my hatred and give him a chance but soon realised what a useless camel he really was. The rest of the squad seemed to despise him too. We were acquainted with some of the players in those days and they resented his 'big team' attitude and the fact that he was earning more than them. When the players had a post-match pint he was always sat on his own.

For some reason this made me think of Tim 'apparently the lads did well' Sherwood

Users who are viewing this thread