Players you didn't like till they signed for CCFC (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

I'll kick off with

OIP.8a3EN6zToRlpN7T7_dOogQHaFy

Nonleagueherewecome

David Speedie. Bit of a theme emerging here...

Nonleagueherewecome

Probably my least favourite all time player.
So many sitters missed, so many sulky shrugs afterwards...one that he thunked into the advertising boards from 5 yards out stands out in my memory.

Pete in Portugal

Maurice Setters - he was notoriously good at the dark arts at Manchester United. He was like a battering ram when he played in our defence - no centre-forward would have enjoyed being marked by him.

SBT

I've got a lot of unpopular Coventry opinions, but none more so than Dennis Wise. He was riding a once-in-a-career hot streak which would have inevitably fallen off a cliff, and those who would put him into their all-time Coventry XIs based off a dozen games are crazy. This is a weapons-grade hot take, people. I embrace your anger.

Evo1883

I've got a lot of unpopular Coventry opinions, but none more so than Dennis Wise. He was riding a once-in-a-career hot streak which would have inevitably fallen off a cliff, and those who would put him into their all-time Coventry XIs based off a dozen games are crazy. This is a weapons-grade hot take, people. I embrace your anger.

He had a very good career at a higher level, I find your negative opinion baseless... I embrace your reply

Evo1883

Deleted mark Robins as I didn't see it said players... My bad lol

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Mike Marsh, David Burrows, hated both for some reason but the minute they pull on the Sky Blue jersey.....
Funnily enough, I know exactly what you mean. I had a bit of a thing against Liverpool players who weren't really good enough for Liverpool IMO as a kid (Barry Venison & Gary Ablett were others) but thought both were decent at City.

usskyblue

“Bambi on ice” I was told on the way to the game as an impressionable 13 year old. He was good.

I don’t get the lack of credit given to Palmer ..and Rosario to a certain extent.

IMO Palmer rarely had a bad game and Rosario started slowly because he was played in midfield. He improved once he was moved to a more attacking role.

Ring Of Steel

I don’t get the lack of credit given to Palmer ..and Rosario to a certain extent.

IMO Palmer rarely had a bad game and Rosario started slowly because he was played in midfield. He improved once he was moved to a more attacking role.

I felt sorry for Rosario at first- 91/92 and in the midst of the dire run of draws under Don Howe we drew 0-0 with Norwich, he tried to volley the ball into the box from out wide late in the game & shanked it straight into the kop- the whole ground got on his back, he got the brunt of all the frustration & you could tell he wanted the ground to swallow him up. He looked so far off the pace I wanted him off just to spare him the abuse he was getting... fast forward a few months and he was part of the brilliant 5 man forward line of him, Smith, Ndlovu, Gallacher, Quinn & putting 5 past Blackburn, Liverpool, hammering Villa and playing some very exciting stuff in that little golden period of 92/93- then he was gone to Forest never to be heard of again.

Brighton Sky Blue

I guess few of that 00/01 relegation side come out with much credit.

Ring Of Steel

Gary Breen

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I was going to say that but then looked at our goals conceded that season, we had the worst goal difference in the division, Leicester only scored 3 more than us and they came 13th

Users who are viewing this thread