players on holiday (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Hope I've got enough points for Leicester Hospital away next year
I'm looking forward to singing "You're going home in a f****** ambulance"

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

wingy

Deliberately bumped trolleys with a guy in the supermarket today, then gave him a cold hard stare. I’d popped in to grab some lunch on my lunch break but he was doing his weekly shop. Hopefully he realises he shouldn’t be doing that while some of us have to work.
It's a Saturday, he's probably on his weekend.

Somerset Sky Blue

Deliberately bumped trolleys with a guy in the supermarket today, then gave him a cold hard stare. I’d popped in to grab some lunch on my lunch break but he was doing his weekly shop. Hopefully he realises he shouldn’t be doing that while some of us have to work.
How big is your lunch if you need a trolley for it?
🤔

Deity

Funny that players who we've not had for long cant have a holiday but a player who loved a takeaway and a skinfull every week gets lauded
That isn’t what people are saying ….

In almost every interview recently Robins has said he wanted the players in earlier and they need time together to train and understand more about what’s expected of them.

We have a 2 week window which was perfect for just that.

The fact he has chosen not to exploit that opportunity is a little odd.

Once we get back to midweek / Saturday routine again we will have little time for such an intensive session. It will be rest days and prep days but little time for pure shape and team work

SlowerThanPlatt

In almost every interview recently Robins has said he wanted the players in earlier and they need time together to train and understand more about what’s expected of them.

Once we get back to midweek / Saturday routine again we will have little time for such an intensive session. It will be rest days and prep days but little time for pure shape and team work
They could have had 3 days off for all we know, Binks has only (apparently) gone to Spain

fernandopartridge

He's not going to penalise the players that were here before early July by not giving them some time off, I doubt it would go down very well

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

ajsccfc

The only way this should be an actual issue is if a player who should be in for training is instead driving around in a Ferrari posing as the sausage king of Chicago.

Saddlebrains

Yea i get that. But when are they going to get time off again?. If he cant drill a shape or what he wants next week into them in the next week then i give up

Deity

Yea i get that. But when are they going to get time off again?. If he cant drill a shape or what he wants next week into them in the next week then i give up
Well he’s had all bar Ayari and Kitchin for a few weeks and Robins said he needed more time on the training ground with them …not me …. Robins.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Yet he’s allowed them a break and is obviously fine with it. End of thread.

Until they have a lackluster performance and get beat against Hull. 🥴

mmttww

Just saw Ellis Simms mooching around Earlsdon. Someone should tell him we've got a game on Fri and to stop slacking.

Offhegoes

I remember the interview Grimmer & Bayliss gave on one of the Cov podcasts. They said Robins was a strict manager. The decision to give players some time off will be the right decision I am sure

Boicey

Just saw Ellis Simms mooching around Earlsdon. Someone should tell him we've got a game on Fri and to stop slacking.
He’s played about 90 mins of football in a month. I’m surprised he can walk.
Needs another week off at least.

Skyblueweeman

Try going on holiday with a toddler… work is the recovery!
Try going on holiday with two! I definitely couldn't wait to get back to work on the Monday!

My boy started school on Monday - did great, no tears, didn't look back when he went in (none taken) and had a great time.
My nearly two yr old daughter on the same day drew on one of our walls with a crayon and also managed to get the sudacream lid off, smear her hair, face, dolly, sofa and foot stool with it. On the same morning.

They say you shouldn't have favourites, but............

Porkchophill

You know full well what I mean about working 24/7 and for your information yes me and my colleagues were on standby 24 hours. To interpret my post as never having had a day off or slept throughout my working life is simply ridiculous.

The thing is shmmeee I'm not bellyaching about what it is that I did to earn a living and the amount of time I was at work no more so than I'm bellyaching about footballers (or any other profession), we all have choices, I made mine and footballers have theirs. Unsocialable hours come with the territory more so than ever in today's society, we all have to do what we do to get the job done.

Words like spite have been used in response to my original post which is unfair and just not so, there was never any malice intended and if individuals interpret my ramblings in that way then please accept my apologies.

One final note though, MR has consistently bemoaned that we are not at the same level as some are in the league at this moment in time due to POs semis and final. Isn't this enforced international break an appropriate time to catch up on lost time and I'm not suggesting that players run up and down Pork Chop Hill (for those old enough to remember it) with a rucksack filled with bricks in the midday sun for the next 7 days. I'm sure Robins said he'd be giving the players a COUPLE of days off this week after his post match interview last weekend. Has a couple of days been extended to enable players a minibreak?

Just a thought.
I’d prefer if they never

Users who are viewing this thread