players on holiday (1 Viewer)

Pusb1

why are all our players off already given it's like 2 weeks into the season?

Noticed O'Hare is in Dubai, Binks in Ibiza, and others seemingly abroad on instagram.

Surely this time should be to focus whilst the others are off on international duty?

Sky Blue Harry H

It's a long old season. They'll be back in plenty of time for preparation and planning. Also less chance of them picking up injuries in the meantime. I'm sure 'The management' have weighed up the pros and cons of any time off.

Deity

Noticed O'Hare is in Dubai, Binks in Ibiza, and others seemingly abroad on instagram.

Surely this time should be to focus whilst the others are off on international duty?
I tend to agree.

Robins has been desperate to get them all in to work with them and then we have a 2 week window and we don’t make the most of it.

Modern football.

Covkid1968#

Didn’t Fadz get injured last year on some international break heading ball exercise??

SBT

I’ve also noticed that none of the Inside Training videos ever take place at night. Given the players don’t seem to be posting on social media between the hours of 11pm and 8am either, I can only assume they’re asleep - almost half of the day when they’re literally doing nothing. Robins must be tearing his hair out.

Robinshio

but in the last game they were all blowing out of their arses for the last 20 minutes - surely need to get some work into them . We are a very unfit team at the minute

Brighton Sky Blue

That performance on Saturday showed that a lot of work needed doing on the training pitch. If memory serves Robins also let them have a week off before they returned to get spanked by Stoke…

Deity

I’ve also noticed that none of the Inside Training videos ever take place at night. Given the players don’t seem to be posting on social media between the hours of 11pm and 8am either, I can only assume they’re asleep - almost half of the day when they’re literally doing nothing. Robins must be tearing his hair out.
🤡

Covkid1968#

Sky Blue Harry H

They might be away for a week then have a week back training before hull Friday
This - let's face it, who is going to be at their best taking in info and working their nuts off in this weather? Let them enjoy a week off, then use next week for the planning, sharpening up. As I said earlier, it's not as if this won't have been thought through. Easy excuse for fans to have a pop if we lose at Hull (but we might have anyway). They're not robots, and MR seems to be a brilliant man manager.

fatso

This - let's face it, who is going to be at their best taking in info and working their nuts off in this weather? Let them enjoy a week off, then use next week for the planning, sharpening up. As I said earlier, it's not as if this won't have been thought through. Easy excuse for fans to have a pop if we lose at Hull (but we might have anyway). They're not robots, and MR seems to be a brilliant man manager.
I wish you were my boss Harry, I come back from a 3 month break, and a month or so later you send me on holiday for a week! Lovely!

rob9872

3 months? Play offs end of May and we were training before the end of June.

Esoterica

There will be loads of knocks and blisters and bruises that we never get to hear about, players who have moved to England for the first time or relocated to the area. A few days off to rest and visit family before a full training week in preparation for Hull, might be exactly what everyone needs (including Robins after an extremely challenging transfer window)

Kingokings204

Plenty of time. It’s a long long season. It’s a chance to take stock and assess where we are a let the dust settle on a manic opening month of the season.

CV22SBA

You’ve named 2 players who’ve not started a league game this season. Who are the others?

skybluecam

There will be loads of knocks and blisters and bruises that we never get to hear about, players who have moved to England for the first time or relocated to the area. A few days off to rest and visit family before a full training week in preparation for Hull, might be exactly what everyone needs (including Robins after an extremely challenging transfer window)
Not much rest and family time going on in Dubai & Ibiza

Boicey

A professional footballer who wants to get anywhere with their career should be an athlete capable of contributing 90 mins+
The fact many can’t do that and apparently have to be made to do it in training rather than as a lifestyle is disappointing especially for the money they are getting.

fatso

Fuck me they barely had a month off before being back in training!
5 or 6 of them that were in the starting line up at Wembley?

The rest have had a long enough break.
I wish I could have a month of in summer, and a week off in September and every Monday off. While only training for 3 hours a day, while "earning thousands a week" Fucking hard done too or what?

Compared to NHS staff or emergency workers or care workers etc, who work shifts and cover 24/7 - 365 for shit money it's a doddle.

bawtryneal

I expect MR and AV must have sat down with all their coaching, medical and psychology team, took their advice on how to manage athletes who have been training since end of June and have a 9 month season in front of them and then just decided on a whim to let everyone have a holiday.

fernandopartridge

I wish I could have a month of in summer, and a week off in September and every Monday off. While only training for 3 hours a day, while "earning thousands a week" Fucking hard done too or what?

Compared to NHS staff or emergency workers or care workers etc, who work shifts and cover 24/7 - 365 for shit money it's a doddle.
Do you fancy working every Saturday or Sunday? Tuesday or Wednesday nights? Most employees can ask for 2 weeks holiday between August and May, footballers can't.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

slowpoke

So you never go on a long weekend or a couple of days away here or there when you are able to.

Boicey

I expect MR and AV must have sat down with all their coaching, medical and psychology team, took their advice on how to manage athletes who have been training since end of June and have a 9 month season in front of them and then just decided on a whim to let everyone have a holiday.
We have had fitness and injury problems for years. MR and the coaching staff have been weak on this. It needs looking at.

Boicey

Do you fancy working every Saturday or Sunday? Tuesday or Wednesday nights? Most employees can ask for 2 weeks holiday between August and May, footballers can't.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Poor dears. Most of them wouldn’t last a day in the NHS.
Pampered as fook.

Users who are viewing this thread