Player suggestions for the summer (1 Viewer)

Frostie

Nearly mentioned him. He's on loan from M'Boro. Think with the restrictions of European players, the pool of players will be trawled more thoroughly over here, albeit clubs will have limited funds to do so. Not that I want us to do so, but Marcus Maddison is surely better than a bench warmer at Bolton (what has happened to the bloke?). Playing to his ability he's a Championship footballer.

On the verge of retirement by all accounts. Having some mental health issues & just isn't interested in football anymore.

Sky Blue Harry H

On the verge of retirement by all accounts. Having some mental health issues & just isn't interested in football anymore.

Sad - he's only 27. Should really have another 5 years left in the game. Although opposition fans used to give him pelters, he had a great left foot.

Brighton Sky Blue

Nearly mentioned him. He's on loan from M'Boro. Think with the restrictions of European players, the pool of players will be trawled more thoroughly over here, albeit clubs will have limited funds to do so. Not that I want us to do so, but Marcus Maddison is surely better than a bench warmer at Bolton (what has happened to the bloke?). Playing to his ability he's a Championship footballer.

Maybe there’s some gems still to find in the Scottish leagues but many more sides will be looking there now.

Greggs

Luigi Smashadanetta is a real prospect, scored 25 in 30 of his Italy u23 caps. Would be amazed if we could get him.

TomRad85

These threads usually show how little people know about players outside the Premier League. The names suggested so far are in the main either players we played in the last week or former Cov players.
Tend to be a bit uncomfortable knocking people's knowledge of the game as it starts a cringey I know more than you back and forth. But I agree, I do wish people would put a bit more thought into these things.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Ellery Balcombe - Goalkeeper
Matt Penney - Full back
Lewis Baker - Midfield
Lyle Taylor - Forward
Kwadwo Baah - Forward

(Frankly, I really have no idea who'd be any good, and who'd be any bad but hey, may as well throw some names in ;)

Lyle Taylor is an odd one. Cocky but has ability. Got very little game time at Forest and couldn't get ahead of Grabban (when fit, but off-form) or on loan Glen Murray. Suspect his wages are more than we could afford. Baah looked a handful in some snippets I've seen (but as man City were sniffing around him, I suspect he'll have plenty of options).

NorthernWisdom

Baah looked a handful in some snippets I've seen (but as man City were sniffing around him, I suspect he'll have plenty of options).
Deal fell through due to medical reasons, so could potentially make him a permanent gamble. Even if it had gone through, plan was to loan him out somewhere, so wherever he ends up, you'd assume the same would apply if it's a big club. tbh, he's one of my more plausible ones!

Brighton Sky Blue

Tend to be a bit uncomfortable knocking people's knowledge of the game as it starts a cringey I know more than you back and forth. But I agree, I do wish people would put a bit more thought into these things.

By our own admission most just watch CCFC and not other sides, which is fair enough. I’m sure most could dig into Football Manager or a podcast to appear more knowledgeable.

Hertsccfc

Lyle Taylor is an odd one. Cocky but has ability. Got very little game time at Forest and couldn't get ahead of Grabban (when fit, but off-form) or on loan Glen Murray. Suspect his wages are more than we could afford. Baah looked a handful in some snippets I've seen (but as man City were sniffing around him, I suspect he'll have plenty of options).
Wouldn't want Lyle Taylor after how he treated Charlton

Sky Blue Harry H

Yeah, when I were younger I used to watch lots of lower league highlights, had a good knowledge. Now I pretend to have a life ;) somewhat less so...

Let's face it - until this season we knew the lower leagues inside out. It was some of the PL players I had trouble with 🤣🤣

NorthernWisdom

Let's face it - until this season we knew the lower leagues inside out. It was some of the PL players I had trouble with 🤣🤣
It tends to depend on them having a half decent game against us though, or being mentioned in dispatches. The ones that wind me up are the players because they woz good in 2014, we should therefore sign them based on that. That's how we got into a mess in the first place!

South West Sky Blue

Dion Sanderson currently on loan at Sunderland from wolves looks the part, centre half. Would take him on loan.
Genuine open question: have we harmed our reputation with Wolves / Giles? Are they likely to offer us players over another team?
Used Giles sparingly last season with a view of making proper use of him this season. I know we played him a fair bit before he was sacrificed due to injured strikers.

Frostie

Ellery Balcombe - Goalkeeper
Matt Penney - Full back
Lewis Baker - Midfield
Lyle Taylor - Forward
Kwadwo Baah - Forward

(Frankly, I really have no idea who'd be any good, and who'd be any bad but hey, may as well throw some names in ;)

Really like Balcombe but he's highly rated at Brentford & they just extended his deal until 2025. Joe Bursik is another excellent young keeper on loan in L1 but in a similar position at Stoke where he's contracted until 2024.

Baker is a funny one, watched him a lot as a youngster & he just oozed class. Think he's on to his 7th or 8th loan now though & has really lost his way. Apart from the Vitesse loan he's really struggled to make any kind of impact at all. Real shame, massive talent - could we get it out of him? Maybe, big gamble though.

If Oxford don't get promoted I'd really like to test their resolve on Rob Atkinson.

NorthernWisdom

Really like Balcombe but he's highly rated at Brentford & they just extended his deal until 2025. Joe Bursik is another excellent young keeper on loan in L1 but in a similar position at Stoke where he's contracted until 2024.
Both of them just itching for a loan in the Championship then, surely, if not their main club's #1? Bring one of them in, keep Wilson hanging around, and bring in a keeper with a view to development in the hope they can become first choice in a season or two.

Last edited:

Frostie

Both of them just itching for a loan in the Championship then, surely, if not their main club's #1? Bring one of them in, keep Wilson hanging around, and bring in a keeper with a view to development in the hope they can become first choice in a season or two.

Possibly. I personally prefer an experienced No.1 but could be an option, both done well in League One.

TomRad85

Yeah, when I were younger I used to watch lots of lower league highlights, had a good knowledge. Now I pretend to have a life ;) somewhat less so...
Same, I used to watch lower leagues, foreign leagues, everything. Not so much now but I do dip in and out and have a rough idea of what's going on and some players that may be handy.

vow

• Harness - Pompey forward, definitely take him, there's a touch of class about him.

mark82

Swindon are about to get relegated to L2 but one of the bright lights has been 21yo midfielder Scott Twine. Was on loan at Newport until January but went back to Swindon and scored 5 in 21 games since. Partial to the odd screamer. Out of contract and Peterborough the latest club linked

He scored this goal against us in pre season if you remember

Scott Twine would be ideal. Rob Atkinson at Oxford is another. Striker is a difficult one, maybe someone like Joe Piggott would give something a little different.

Grendel

mark82

I think so - hasn’t fitted in at Forest. Possible biamou swap?

Taylor is a good player. Strange it didn't work out at Forest, maybe attitude. Imagine he'd be on a significant salary at Forest so likely out of our reach.

junglej13

Would love to see us add two powerful pacey forwards who could play wide of a three. Someone like a better version of Nazon. Would also like to see us in for Twine.

no_loyalty

Taylor is a good player. Strange it didn't work out at Forest, maybe attitude. Imagine he'd be on a significant salary at Forest so likely out of our reach.

He is on £15k per week according to salarysport.com

Finham

Off the top of my head-

Adam Holden
Barney Gibson
Tommy Brannigan
Landry Zahana-Oni
Marcus Schleswig-Holstein
Freddy Anderson-Edwards-Smith
Clem Fandango
Liam Walsh

Users who are viewing this thread