Player suggestions for the summer (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

Assuming we are staying up (which I imagine we are now) which players would you like to see us sign in the summer. Be realistic!

I'll go first, Rotherham have a few decent players I like the look of, either one of Ladapo or Smith I can see being a handful. Also like the look of Crooks and Wing, but I think Wing is on loan from Middlesbrough.

Skybluefaz

Assuming we are staying up (which I imagine we are now) which players would you like to see us sign in the summer. Be realistic!

I'll go first, Rotherham have a few decent players I like the look of, either one of Ladapo or Smith I can see being a handful. Also like the look of Crooks and Wing, but I think Wing is on loan from Middlesbrough.
I'd like 2 strikers. One starter, possibly prem loan or free agent with good reputation. I'd take Ladapo though as a replacement for Biamou and Baka.

Christian Walton would be decent for a GK upgrade, Kevin Long CB. Midfield depends on what shape we are going to go for.

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

Swindon are about to get relegated to L2 but one of the bright lights has been 21yo midfielder Scott Twine. Was on loan at Newport until January but went back to Swindon and scored 5 in 21 games since. Partial to the odd screamer. Out of contract and Peterborough the latest club linked

He scored this goal against us in pre season if you remember

SleepyGinger

Swindon are about to get relegated to L2 but one of the bright lights has been 21yo midfielder Scott Twine. Was on loan at Newport until January but went back to Swindon and scored 5 in 21 games since. Partial to the odd screamer. Out of contract and Peterborough the latest club linked

He scored this goal against us in pre season if you remember

Scored a fair few screamers, think there’s a few chasing him.

Briles

Adam Reach

AOM

Is Gyokeres also out of contract? I'd honestly give him another go next season for that 3rd/4th striker slot if wages would allow.
Looks like a handful at times and the club could work on progressing him further

Edit: Contract expires June 2022. Would try and loan him again

Last edited:

rob9872

Harry Kane and that lad from Dortmund they're raving about - Haaland. If we can afford the extra then I'd maybe go after Ederson too as back up for Wilson.

Seamus1

I believe Famara Diedhiou is out of contract in the Summer. Averages to about 1 goal every 3 games for Bristol City. Although looking at that rather dubious website that claims to publish players’ salaries, he is on about £30k a week

DannyThomas_1981

Thank God the SBT experts are not in charge of recruitment or club strategy that's all I can say.

Robins would be immediately fired after a couple of draws, players recruited would not fit our system or alternatively players recruited would bankrupt the club whilst sitting on the bench. Likely benched for smiling in training or the ultimate crime of being nice to fans.

Non-League would beckon in a couple of years if the SBT experts took over; it would be comical for a time to see the chaos but no thanks - honestly seen enough mismanagement of the club already - without the lunatics on here taking over the asylum.

Magwitch1

I think we are better off squad wise than people think. I would rather we sign three better quality players and pay them the going rate. then perhaps a loan or two to supplement our squad with good quality. We have some good 18/19 year old kids coming through too.

DannyThomas_1981

I believe Famara Diedhiou is out of contract in the Summer. Averages to about 1 goal every 3 games for Bristol City. Although looking at that rather dubious website that claims to publish players’ salaries, he is on about £30k a week

Never mind that. He was seen smiling in training in 2018. He can fcuk off.

SleepyGinger

I’m sure I read he’s already being lined up by Warnock at boro

D

Deleted member 2477

If we released Shipley, Baka, Kasta I cant see us getting a lot for them. With the exception of perhaps Shipley I think they would all be released for nothing.
we all ready need potentially to find replacements for Ostigard, McCallum and James which wont be easy or cheap along with at least one striker better than what we have now and a goal keeper to replace either Marosi or Wilson.
if we are lucky we might get 2 or 3 for Marosi

Bugsy

SkyblueTexan

How about striker Ikpeazu from Wycombe, winger Ronan Curtis from Portsmouth, Rotherham goalie Johanson?

TomRad85

Lee Evans of Wigan. Lewis Montsma of Lincoln

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread