Player suggestions for the summer (1 Viewer)

Jesse Carver

If we released Shipley, Baka, Kasta I cant see us getting a lot for them. With the exception of perhaps Shipley I think they would all be released for nothing.
we all ready need potentially to find replacements for Ostigard, McCallum and James which wont be easy or cheap along with at least one striker better than what we have now and a goal keeper to replace either Marosi or Wilson.
if we are lucky we might get 2 or 3 for Marosi

Shipley & Kastaneer both have another year on their contract so releasing them would cost us money. Whilst washing our hands of Kastaneer would be preferable, I doubt we'll find many queueing up to take him off us. I'd keep Shipley on, at least for the remainder of his contract. He's unlikely to be on a massive wage (comparatively speaking) and he's able to pitch in when needed.

Jesse Carver

How about striker Ikpeazu from Wycombe, winger Ronan Curtis from Portsmouth, Rotherham goalie Johanson?

Would take the Rotherham keeper on the assumption that Thursday night wasn't a one off. Looking on the Rotherham forums they're holding him in the same esteem as Emiliano Martinez who they previously had on loan.

Looks like he was signed as a back up having spent time in Villa and Leicester's youth teams (so has experience of the fairly local area). Only has a year left on his contract so may not cost too much either.

Sick Boy

Thank God the SBT experts are not in charge of recruitment or club strategy that's all I can say.

Robins would be immediately fired after a couple of draws, players recruited would not fit our system or alternatively players recruited would bankrupt the club whilst sitting on the bench. Likely benched for smiling in training or the ultimate crime of being nice to fans.

Non-League would beckon in a couple of years if the SBT experts took over; it would be comical for a time to see the chaos but no thanks - honestly seen enough mismanagement of the club already - without the lunatics on here taking over the asylum.
To be fair a poster was calling for Walker to be dropped for not smiling during games, maybe you missed that one.

Skybluefaz

Thank God the SBT experts are not in charge of recruitment or club strategy that's all I can say.

Robins would be immediately fired after a couple of draws, players recruited would not fit our system or alternatively players recruited would bankrupt the club whilst sitting on the bench. Likely benched for smiling in training or the ultimate crime of being nice to fans.

Non-League would beckon in a couple of years if the SBT experts took over; it would be comical for a time to see the chaos but no thanks - honestly seen enough mismanagement of the club already - without the lunatics on here taking over the asylum.
Piss off. Absolutely one of the best parts of the forum year is the annual crazy transfer speculation. Put your head above the parapet. Who you going for?

DannyThomas_1981

Piss off. Absolutely one of the best parts of the forum year is the annual crazy transfer speculation. Put your head above the parapet. Who you going for?

Relax Faz! I enjoy the speculation more than anyone - just saying it's fortunate we're not in charge given some of the wilder predictions and hopefully saying it in a slightly humorous way - got it?

I simply don't have the knowledge of the various leagues or the insights of our scouting team to make any radical suggestions to be honest.

In terms of what I've seen CCFC related: I really want to keep Hamer as I think he's class. I would love to see Walsh again. James, Osti/McCallum - obviously would love to get them back. Brilliant if JJ can make it back and add to our attacking options. In terms of a keeper, I really like Stockdale as a more commanding presence.

A big problem this season was rotation i.e. Robins couldn't rotate as he would have wanted to do given injuries and the fact that he simply didn't have the quality of player he needed to be confident with rotation. Adding James for a full season + Walsh and the return of JJ into the mix would solve quite a few of those problems. For example, O'Hare played nearly every game and was brilliant for the most part - but if we can play Hamer higher up the pitch (with the additions of James/Walsh) and then have JJ back in the mix then there's a really decent opportunity to rotate at 10 with 3 quality players in the mix.

A pacy left sided centre back should be at the top of the list for us.

Overall very hopeful for next season to be honest - having JJ back, and a full season from Walker, Godden and Dabo (that's similar to having 4 new players). We seemed to be overawed at the start of this season and not match fit given the long lay off - I expect a stronger start next time around. As you know I'm a huge fan of Robins but he hasn't got everything right this season - and he will have learnt a lot from it.

Sky Blue Harry H

Others likely to be after him, but that Pigott at Wimbledon has been banging in the goals (27yo).Would prefer someone a bit younger, and on;y 6'0, and think we need a 6'3" type for our slightly smaller forwards to feed off.

PNE fans seem mystified why Bayliss hasn't had game time (started 9 games, and wondered if there is a 10 game payment clause)?

A 6'4" plus goal keeper who never lets any goals in, too !!

DannyThomas_1981

Others likely to be after him, but that Pigott at Wimbledon has been banging in the goals (27yo).Would prefer someone a bit younger, and on;y 6'0, and think we need a 6'3" type for our slightly smaller forwards to feed off.

PNE fans seem mystified why Bayliss hasn't had game time (started 9 games, and wondered if there is a 10 game payment clause)?

A 6'4" plus goal keeper who never lets any goals in, too !!

I would love to see Bayliss back in a 3 man midfield system and driving forward at the oppo.

Skybluefaz

Relax Faz! I enjoy the speculation more than anyone - just saying it's fortunate we're not in charge given some of the wilder predictions and hopefully saying it in a slightly humorous way - got it?

I simply don't have the knowledge of the various leagues or the insights of our scouting team to make any radical suggestions to be honest.

In terms of what I've seen CCFC related: I really want to keep Hamer as I think he's class. I would love to see Walsh again. James, Osti/McCallum - obviously would love to get them back. Brilliant if JJ can make it back and add to our attacking options. In terms of a keeper, I really like Stockdale as a more commanding presence.

A big problem this season was rotation i.e. Robins couldn't rotate as he would have wanted to do given injuries and the fact that he simply didn't have the quality of player he needed to be confident with rotation. Adding James for a full season + Walsh and the return of JJ into the mix would solve quite a few of those problems. For example, O'Hare played nearly every game and was brilliant for the most part - but if we can play Hamer higher up the pitch (with the additions of James/Walsh) and then have JJ back in the mix then there's a really decent opportunity to rotate at 10 with 3 quality players in the mix.

A pacy left sided centre back should be at the top of the list for us.

Overall very hopeful for next season to be honest - having JJ back, and a full season from Walker, Godden and Dabo (that's similar to having 4 new players). We seemed to be overawed at the start of this season and not match fit given the long lay off - I expect a stronger start next time around. As you know I'm a huge fan of Robins but he hasn't got everything right this season - and he will have learnt a lot from it.
I realise there is not a lot of context in the written word but I promise it was a well mannored piss off! Great memories of this time of year on here and GMK. I want to read the madness. Be so interesting where we and other clubs are with signings too. I know Boddy is saying we will be paying for this season for a few years, but I just wonder if he is pokerfaced and maybe the club fancying having a bit of a pop at it. Absolute baseless enthusiasm from me but I'll have the last laugh when we start the season at the ricoh in front of 28,000 with new 12 million signing Adam Armstrong up front alongside Matt Godden.

DannyThomas_1981

I realise there is not a lot of context in the written word but I promise it was a well mannored piss off! Great memories of this time of year on here and GMK. I want to read the madness. Be so interesting where we and other clubs are with signings too. I know Boddy is saying we will be paying for this season for a few years, but I just wonder if he is pokerfaced and maybe the club fancying having a bit of a pop at it. Absolute baseless enthusiasm from me but I'll have the last laugh when we start the season at the ricoh in front of 28,000 with new 12 million signing Adam Armstrong up front alongside Matt Godden.

And here's hoping for a long drawn out transfer saga and 40 odd pages of debate on SBT; Chaplin a few years back, Sheaf last time around!

Interestingly neither player worked out the following season after being seen as make or break signings at the time.

Skybluefaz

And here's hoping for a long drawn out transfer saga and 40 odd pages of debate on SBT; Chaplin a few years back, Sheaf last time around!

Interestingly neither player worked out the following season after being seen as make or break signings at the time.
Yes! high hopes for a Liam Walsh 100 pager. Triggered as soon as he likes something city related on instagram or something.

Sky Blue Harry H

Wish Walsh and JJ all the best, and really hope JJ has a change of luck; it would take a leap of faith and a chunk of budget (especially if we can't shift others - Kastaneer and the like) to risk investing in anyone who has a huge 'injury' cloud hanging over them. I suppose Walsh is out of contract, so that reduces the risk, and his injury record may reduce the competition for him. Difficult one, but players who can churn out 40 plus games in a season are important.

Last edited:
Reactions: vow

rob9872

Rotherham's keeper (Johansson?) if they go down looked good, although in fairness he was only playing against our strikers.

Brighton Sky Blue

Top priorities for me:

Goalkeeper: Mike Oxmells-Grimm, apparently so strong in the box the opposition don’t go near him

LWB: Drew Peacock, very good latching on to long balls over the top

Striker: Buster Cherry, strikes the ball with real power and particularly good hitting it first time

Sky Blue Harry H

With our lack of options on the left, you'd think there was an opportunity for Jordan Shipley to work hard over the summer to adapt his game to be able to play either lwb or even left back. That may or may not be possible, but it looks his best opportunity to get himself back in the first team picture. I don't know what has affected him this season, but he needs to pick himself back up over the summer.

Skybluefaz

With our lack of options on the left, you'd think there was an opportunity for Jordan Shipley to work hard over the summer to adapt his game to be able to play either lwb or even left back. That may or may not be possible, but it looks his best opportunity to get himself back in the first team picture. I don't know what has affected him this season, but he needs to pick himself back up over the summer.
Never going to happen a lwb or lb. Just don't think he's Championship quality unfortunately. If he was to turn it around, I think it would need to be in a forward position to use that left foot of his. Just think he's short of the mental qualities to make it happen though.

no_loyalty

Ladapo, Johansson, Walsh, Stockdale (if wages are reasonable).

Evo1883

Lad said to me at work West brom interested in ostigard .

Probably plucked it from his arse mind you

higgs

Ladapo James Collins Liam Walsh David Stockdale and Osti and a fully fit squad for next season please

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Don’t know how he’s played all season but Wing has looked class for Rotherham each time I’ve watched.

Nearly mentioned him. He's on loan from M'Boro. Think with the restrictions of European players, the pool of players will be trawled more thoroughly over here, albeit clubs will have limited funds to do so. Not that I want us to do so, but Marcus Maddison is surely better than a bench warmer at Bolton (what has happened to the bloke?). Playing to his ability he's a Championship footballer.

Users who are viewing this thread