Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

oucho

If we signed a 21 year old for free the player would be given a lot more slack.

It's hardly Chaplin's fault that other people have valued him at half a million pounds.

You can't blame the player for the money splashed out by the club.

I don't think anyone's blaming him for his price tag, just saying he hasn't been very good since he joined. 2 goals and an assist in the last 4 games may hopefully be the start of an uptick in his form.

Otis

I don't think anyone's blaming him for his price tag, just saying he hasn't been very good since he joined. 2 goals and an assist in the last 4 games may hopefully be the start of an uptick in his form.
A fair few are though, ouch. People keep criticising him saying he's not worth 500k.

The only people to blame for that if that is the case is the club.

Fergusons_Beard

We need pace.

Scunny were so scared of Luke Thomas they doubled teamed him every chance they got and put a reducer on him that literally put him out of the game (he was defo injured and should have come off)-totally ineffective after that dodgy tackle.

Shipley ain’t a winger and Alasanni worryingly has no pace.

Again we played to their strengths by pumping aimless balls in the air that were meat and drink to their huge centre backs.

We needed to play through them or use pace to run past them.

We did neither.

That was team selection (including Doyle) and team personal (no fucker with pace).

We weren’t too bad yesterday but I definitely feel that if Robins had been a little braver in his team selection (Not playing Doyle) we’d have got something from the game.

Scunthorpe are a massive bogey team and despite the fact they have a very decent team we could have won yesterday. We weren’t outplayed though and that is something we can hold on to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Legia Sky Blue

I thought we were poor throughout. Our defence struggled with their physicality and made too many basic errors with so many miscued clearances, which we got away with for much of the game. The team as a whole made too many poor passes and made bad decisions. Up front we offered nothing until JCH came on, and for me he was the only player to come out of the game with any great credit.
Burge - 6
Sterling - 5
Willis - 5
Hyam - 6
Mason - 5
Thomas - 5
Bayliss - 5
Doyle - 5
Shipley - 6
Chaplin - 5
Hiwula - 4
JCH - 7

ccfcway

If we signed a 21 year old for free the player would be given a lot more slack.

It's hardly Chaplin's fault that other people have valued him at half a million pounds.

You can't blame the player for the money splashed out by the club.

Also I suspect it’s “up to £500k”. If that is the case, if we do end up stumping up the full amount, it will be worth it, as it will be linked to goals, promotion, sell on etc.

No way will we have written a cheque for £500k already

Otis

Also I suspect it’s “up to £500k”. If that is the case, if we do end up stumping up the full amount, it will be worth it, as it will be linked to goals, promotion, sell on etc.

No way will we have written a cheque for £500k already
Agree. That's what gets bandied about though on here and the assumption is 500k.

Covstu

Lack of anything down the left side is killing us, I would rather play a Mason in left midfield with brown at left back (or other way around). Shipley is out of place and has been for sometime.

As for Chaplin, he had no service at all but I thought it was a real goal poachers finish yesterday with great instinct to keep going.

oucho

A fair few are though, ouch. People keep criticising him saying he's not worth 500k.

The only people to blame for that if that is the case is the club.

Indeed. My own view is that the way we set up reminds me of us playing 3 strikers (Agyei, Andre Wright and Sordell) as a front three miles apart from each other under Venus. That ended up well, didn't it.

Otis

Indeed. My own view is that the way we set up reminds me of us playing 3 strikers (Agyei, Andre Wright and Sordell) as a front three miles apart from each other under Venus. That ended up well, didn't it.
Exactly right. A partnership up front can only truly work if the strikers are working in tandem with each other.

Chaplin is far too deep at times and therefore not a threat.

larry_david

Shipley yesterday I noticed all he ever did was, once he received the ball is play it 2 yards back to Mason and then run away. Hes got a place in the squad atm but needs to do alot more and that position is key for Jan recruitment

Covstu

Shipley yesterday I noticed all he ever did was, once he received the ball is play it 2 yards back to Mason and then run away. Hes got a place in the squad atm but needs to do alot more and that position is key for Jan recruitment
Key replacement for jan in my opinion, we only play down one side

oucho

Key replacement for jan in my opinion, we only play down one side
Do you think we should switch to 442 with Allasani in place of Shipley and with Thomas as a winger on the right?

Covstu

Do you think we should switch to 442 with Allasani in place of Shipley and with Thomas as a winger on the right?
i think we need to address the left side (not sure if this kid from Everton plays that side??) but as much as i like Shipley, it just isn't working and we are cutting our nose off every game and limiting opportunities for the front two and they are getting a kicking for it. Don't much much about Allasani and whether he is ready but Jodi come from lower leagues and made that side his own so why not give him a go. Otherwise you play Brown and Mason down the left maybe??

Users who are viewing this thread