Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

I’ll keep my comments short today because I’m tired, still travelling home from Scunny. It’s a cliché, but we lacked physicality today and bringing JCH changed the game for us. Our goal and their first we’re lucky goals, but I’ve lost trust in Doyle after today. We’ve conceded 3 identical goals because he’s been dispossessed in our third of the pitch and it really shows how much we missed Kelly today. Going forward, Doyle can’t be ball player in midfield, especially that deep in midfield. First half they edged it, second half we got off to the brighter start and was sucker punched by two goals... it was good to see there was fight in the team to try and get the equaliser!

Burge, 7 - made two good saves.
Sterling, 6 - below par for his usual high standards, crossing was well off the pace but every else was good.
Willis, 5 - unlucky with the deflection.
Hyam, 5 - some dodgy clearances.
Mason, 6 - defended well and had some decent runs, decent game.
Thomas, 5 - quiet game from him.
Bayliss, 5 - we didn’t move the ball about well and that affected his game.
Doyle, 4 - some decent bits of defending but his distribution was poor and lead to yet another goal.
Shipley, 5 - average performance, played a bit better at CM.
Chaplin, 6 - was probably our worst performer in the first half and I would’ve taken him off instead of Hiwula. But, second half was good, well taken goal, poachers goal. Good shot to nearly pinch an equaliser and generally played well in the second half.
Hiwula, 5 - quiet half, but unlucky to have been taken off

JCH, 7 - changed the game for us, offered an outlet when we had none and was a real nuisance for their defence.
McCallum, 6 - showed real class in patches and I’m starting to believe the hype!
Allassani, 6 - played well, would like to see him get a chance.

Londonccfcfan

I’ll keep my comments short today because I’m tired, still travelling home from Scunny. It’s a cliché, but we lacked physicality today and bringing JCH changed the game for us. Our goal and their first we’re lucky goals, but I’ve lost trust in Doyle after today. We’ve conceded 3 identical goals because he’s been dispossessed in our third of the pitch and it really shows how much we missed Kelly today. Going forward, Doyle can’t be ball player in midfield, especially that deep in midfield. First half they edged it, second half we got off to the brighter start and was sucker punched by two goals... it was good to see there was fight in the team to try and get the equaliser!

Burge, 7 - made two good saves.
Sterling, 6 - below par for his usual high standards, crossing was well off the pace but every else was good.
Willis, 5 - unlucky with the deflection.
Hyam, 5 - some dodgy clearances.
Mason, 6 - defended well and had some decent runs, decent game.
Thomas, 5 - quiet game from him.
Bayliss, 5 - we didn’t move the ball about well and that affected his game.
Doyle, 4 - some decent bits of defending but his distribution was poor and lead to yet another goal.
Shipley, 5 - average performance, played a bit better at CM.
Chaplin, 6 - was probably our worst performer in the first half and I would’ve taken him off instead of Hiwula. But, second half was good, well taken goal, poachers goal. Good shot to nearly pinch an equaliser and generally played well in the second half.
Hiwula, 5 - quiet half, but unlucky to have been taken off

JCH, 7 - changed the game for us, offered an outlet when we had none and was a real nuisance for their defence.
McCallum, 6 - showed real class in patches and I’m starting to believe the hype!
Allassani, 6 - played well, would like to see him get a chance.

My patience of Chaplin is wearing very thin I'm afraid I backed him to score 2 goals today. Was worse than Doyle first half I'm afraid in a game like this it was obvious from 5 mins a 5 foot nothing striker who can't hold it it up was going to just invite consistent pressure back on us his first touch and lack of pace is seriously beyond a joke.

ccfcway

either he is allowed to be performing the messi / hazard free role, or he is being asked to play out of position with his back to goal or on the wing. Either way, not sure its working to his advantage at the moment, still chipped in with a goal and put in a lot of effort.

Mucca Mad Boys

My patience of Chaplin is wearing very thin I'm afraid I backed him to score 2 goals today. Was worse than Doyle first half I'm afraid in a game like this it was obvious from 5 mins a 5 foot nothing striker who can't hold it it up was going to just invite consistent pressure back on us his first touch and lack of pace is seriously beyond a joke.

In fairness, he was good in the second half and that goal seemed to boost his confidence as his shot that he nearly scored after his goal was reminiscent of some of his Pompey goals. Chaplin needs to shoot a lot more because looking at his goals for Portsmouth, it’s in his locker. But his touch hasn’t been great last few games (same could be said for other too).

It’s easy to scapegoat Chaplin because he is small and in scrappy games, he will be passed by. In general, we don’t get enough accurate crosses into the box for either JCH, Hiwula or Chaplin.

We made mistakes and Scunthorpe punished us for it and that’s the difference today!

Londonccfcfan

Doyle is a.tical goal to
In fairness, he was good in the second half and that goal seemed to boost his confidence as his shot that he nearly scored after his goal was reminiscent of some of his Pompey goals. Chaplin needs to shoot a lot more because looking at his goals for Portsmouth, it’s in his locker. But his touch hasn’t been great last few games (same could be said for other too).

It’s easy to scapegoat Chaplin because he is small and in scrappy games, he will be passed by. In general, we don’t get enough accurate crosses into the box for either JCH, Hiwula or Chaplin.

We made mistakes and Scunthorpe punished us for it and that’s the difference today!

I wish Hiwula is backed by Robins to the hilt like Chaplin. And I wouldn't ever criticise Robins as he is king.

Mucca Mad Boys

Doyle is a.tical goal to

I wish Hiwula is backed by Robins to the hilt like Chaplin. And I wouldn't ever criticise Robins as he is king.

I certainly agree that Hiwula should’ve been kept on, even if he was shifted out wide. I really like Hiwula because he’s surprisingly decent at holding the ball up and is our top goalscorer from open play. I wouldn’t mind seeing JCH and Hiwula upfront. Chaplin was kept on and scored, so it was the right decision by Robins despite my thoughts st half time.

However, I do believe if we can get Chaplin firing, he’ll be our best striker — he’s looked short of confidence for weeks now. Now he’s got 2 in a row, deserves a chance to build on that. JCH as an impact sub has been an absolute revelation so I’d continue with the current setup.

Londonccfcfan

I couldn't care less that Chaplin has got 2 in 2. He's complete dog shit. One was a penalty he was lucky to take. And the goal today he scored from half yard out he his headed it and it would have been a goal. Fact remains he is completely ineffectual. I don't see any strengths. Bakayako has more strengths than Chaplin. Purely because Baka is unpredictable. Poor poor striker and oh by the way I've backed him for the last 20 games.

stevefloyd

I am not one of Chaplins biggest fans (yet) but even the best strikers go through barren spells, he is constantly being played too deep but he was there in front of goal today and managed to get the ball in the net so he done his job, hopefully it will improve his confidence, nobody else come close to scoring today !!

rob9872

The problem for all our strikers is they're feeding off scraps. Our final passes are so poor. We also insist on lumping it up to them and even Jono who's our biggest and most physical isn't the hold it up type of player. Frustrating to watch at times.

ccfcway

I couldn't care less that Chaplin has got 2 in 2. He's complete dog shit. One was a penalty he was lucky to take. And the goal today he scored from half yard out he his headed it and it would have been a goal. Fact remains he is completely ineffectual. I.

does him scoring both times not make him effectual ?

Pens have been missed and also he was in the right place for todays goal

why after supporting a 21 year old for 20 games have you give up on him after a game he scored our only goal ?

Londonccfcfan

why after supporting a 21 year old for 20 games have you give up on him after a game he scored our only goal ?

Did you watch him for 95 mins?

stevefloyd

Have to agree the balls up front today were mostly aimed high nothing was really going to feet and Hiwula and Chaplins first touch was terrible so it pinged straight back at us

Londonccfcfan

He is not the answer if we want to fight for autos next season. Certainly judging him after more than half a season he's not worth 500k. I would sell him for free. Cut our losses. He's not good enough. Slowest striker in league 1.

ccfcway

He is not the answer if we want to fight for autos next season. Certainly judging him after more than half a season he's not worth 500k. I would sell him for free. Cut our losses. He's not good enough. Slowest striker in league 1.

Well, if your knowledge of League One strikers is the same as your business sense of selling a player for free less than 72 hours after we paid money for him, you'll forgive me for being a little sceptical

Londonccfcfan

Well, if your knowledge of League One strikers is the same as your business sense of selling a player for free less than 72 hours after we paid money for him, you'll forgive me for being a little sceptical

We were desperate. Who else in league 1 would pay a fee for him ?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

He was lucky to to still be on the pitch 2nd half. Fact.

Hiwula must be stewing.

They were both dire first half so not sure Hiwula could be ‘stewing’. He improved drastically in the second half, that was then capped off by a strikers instinct goal. I don’t think he’s been great, but Jesus you’re way, way too negative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

They were both dire first half so not sure Hiwula could be ‘stewing’. He improved drastically in the second half, that was then capped off by a strikers instinct goal. I don’t think he’s been great, but Jesus you’re way, way too negative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look at my ratings and synopsis of match result..far from negative. I have my opinion. You have yours.

Londonccfcfan

Am I the only one thinking why doesn’t Robins go with JCH and Hiwula playing the role Chaplin has been doing. Other than the goal today Chaplin has been poor now for about six weeks. It’s fine taking Hiwula off at half time but at least try and play it to his strengths. It appears no matter how bad Chaplin plays somebody else is taken off.

Chaplin has been poor for just 6 weeks?
Has he had a good game ?

pusbccfc

Chaplin's goal came from him being in the position we all know he should be in.

In and around the box.

Robins playing him too deep doesn't work. Burge, Doyle and Willis lumping balls up to him also doesn't work.

TewkesburySkyBlue

Yeah the ref was shocking but again we let them do it. When they were going in with studs up after the ball had gone we just took it. The minute our players all run over and make a scene of it the ref would wake up a bit.
Wasn’t at the game but zi know that ref from old. He is one of the worst Ive ever seen. Surprised he’s allowed to continue ruining games. Very poor.

Covstu

Burge 6
Sterling 6
Willis 6
Hyam 7
Mason 5
Doyle 4
Bayliss 5
Shipley 5
Thomas 6
Chaplin 6
Hiwula 5

JCH 6
Ref 3 - Awful from the off. Can see why he's only reffed 3 games this season.

Robins 5 - Don't think we deliberately set out to be negative today but his selection of Doyle neutered us.
About right not many who come out with any credit yesterday but hopefully just a bad day at the office and we can move on. We did miss Kelly in the middle yesterday!

Pete in Portugal

Burge 6 - A couple of good saves. Knocked off a point for poor distribution at times
Sterling 5 - Unusually, he was not so effective when going forwards
Willis 5 - Looked a little bit vulnerable at times today
Hyam 7 - Another steady performance - he's becoming our Mr. Reliable
Mason 5 - Struggled a bit with the physical opposition
Doyle 3 - Failed to match their aggression and was often sat too far back in defence
Bayliss 5 - A very mixed game. They went past him a few times and his distribution was inconsistent
Shipley 5 - Tried hard to deal with their rough house tactics, but faded in second half
Thomas 6 - did not give up, even though the ref. failed to protect him from some shocking challenges
Chaplin 6 - Played too deep to be effective in first half, but improved in second.
Hiwula 5 - Had little service with Chaplin playing in mid-field. I thought he was a little unlucky to be subbed at half-time

JCH 6 - worked hard and gave us a more physical presence up front. I wish he'd stop sitting down when challenged!
McCallum 6 - He did a job for us again. I'm impressed with his kid's potential
Allassani 5.5 Tried hard and looked lively, but not much end product

sylus

If we had attacked Scunthorpe from the off instead of sitting back being negative and hoping that we may pick up at point if we don't concede,then we would not of lost,Robin's tactic's are negative especially away from home and doesn't play to our strengths,we are a much better team attacking than defending.Hopefully back to winning ways next week.

CCFCSteve

Chaplin has been poor for just 6 weeks?
Has he had a good game ?

He’s scored two and set up one in the last four games ? Also, without going over old ground he’s 21, playing regularly after his first move (away from his home town club), getting used to the team, has a good attitude and has now been involved in 9 goals (scored 6 and 3 assists) from 20 games.

Unfortunately rather than looking at the bigger picture some fans (you’re not the only one) appear want to pick faults in every game. He works hard but doesn’t score - ‘he’s not scoring, he’s shit’, He scores without having a great game (although by all accounts played pretty well further up second half yesterday) - ‘he’s poor/a weak link’ Mcnulty was prolific (in the league below) after a slow start last season but could be anonymous in certain games if he didn’t score. Some one eyed fans game him shit when he wasn’t scoring as well.

Most aren’t saying he’s the finished article and I’m sure would have hoped for a couple more goals but overall I can only assume that those having a go are doing so because of the supposed cost of £500k (not confirmed), hardly his fault ! Give him a break, support him and let’s see how he does over the next year or two

Otis

If we signed a 21 year old for free the player would be given a lot more slack.

It's hardly Chaplin's fault that other people have valued him at half a million pounds.

You can't blame the player for the money splashed out by the club.

Users who are viewing this thread