Hiwula 5
Jch 6

Jones 2
Bayliss 3
Chaplin 3

Robins. Got that wrong.

pastythegreat

Burge 6.5 Did what he needed. Good save at the end from that free kick

Thompson 2.5 complete chalk and cheese performance from last week, time for Grimmer return.

Willis 5 ran around well

Hyam 4 did what was needed, nothing more.

Mason 3.5 was sucked into tackles too easily, ran well to rectify mistakes though.

Shipley 3 don't think he controlled a single ball all match.

Ogogo 2.5 didn't tackle, didn't win the ball, just.... didn't do much.

Doyle 1.5 dreadful game again. Getting worse as the weeks go on. Wants everything to go through him so is mostly out of position. Passing is dreadful. His passion and dedication is great, but is it enough??

Hiwula 4.5 made some decent runs, free decent crosses just nothing came off.

Thomas 6.5 one of the better players. Shouldn't of come off, we lost all our attacking threat with him coming off.

JCH 6. Played up front alone was isolated at points. Robins got it all wrong today.

Subs,
All wrong.
JJ 3 added nothing
Bayliss 2 added even less
Chaplin N/A what was the point. 4 foot tall then start goofing long balls at him

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Burge 6
Thompson 2
Hyam 5
Willis 5
Mason 3
Thomas 6
Ogogo 4
Doyle 5
Hiwula 5
Jch 6

Jones 2
Bayliss 3
Chaplin 3

Robins. Got that wrong.

Agree with all of these.

People were raving about Thompson last week despite not playing well.

Identical to when Willis used to drop in at right back. Out of position and therefore lacking confidence.

pusbccfc

I agree with the Doyle ratings. Absolutely shocking.

Defended him 3 weeks ago, but losing the will now.

The problem is Ogogo is just as bad to replace him.

SAJ

Burge 6 Didn't do too much wrong
Thompson 2 Awful can't believe it was the same player as last week.
Willis 5 Not one of his better games
Hyam 4 Did the absolute minimum
Mason 3 Awful defending better going forward for 10 minutes in the 2nd half
Thomas 6 Didn't do too much wrong but we did pass the ball enough to him to run at the defence.
Doyle 3 Starting to become a liability. It great having the knowledge but he just can't do it anymore. His passing today was some of the worst I've seen from a professional.
Shipley 2 scored both these points in the first 10 minutes which was the only time he looked anything like a player. Ball control was non existent.
Ogogo 3 just doesn't seem to get any better
Hiwula 6.5 was a bright spark compared to the rest. Fail to take the ball with him too often but it showed the moment he was taken off we did nothing thereafter going forward.
JCH 6 scored despite handling it. Thought he did quite well on his own, linked play quite well.
Subs
Jones 2 looked out of his depth
Bayliss 3 didn't get into it brought nothing to a really poor team performance.
Chaplin can't understand why we bring him on then start lumping the ball about 5 for above his head.

Robins 3 Should have made subs at half time and reshaped the team 4141 was never working. Walsall were shit and we made them look good. Says a lot for our performance

Sky Blue Pete

Crazy ratings - just insane!

Burge - 7 good save and handling no fault for 2nd goal for me
Thompson - 5 gifted them goal - below par not 2/10 just crazy
Mason - 6 kept going second half
Hyam - 6 struggled and wasn’t himself
Willis - 6.5 our best defender
Thomas - 7 mom for us. Great finish always looked fanger
Doyle - 6
Ogogo - 5 getting there
Hiwula - 6 good in parts
Shipley - 6 really marmite I thought he tried his heart out all over the pitch
Jch - 6 misses chances scored and kept going second half

Subs

Jones way off
Chaplin not on long enough
Bayliss - didn’t look interested

Way too low marks on here

christonabike

Always liked Grimmer a steady player and often has a great game. Time to get him in as I can see him wanting a move to play every week if it continues. I know Sterling and him are fighting for places but when fit Grimmer is our player.
What did Walsall play as in strength wise?

speedie87

Burge 7
Thompson 4 think I gave him the lowest score last week and this will prob be one of the highest this, looks like a centre half playing right back is very much Willis mark 2
Willis 6
Hyman 6
Mason 5
Doyle 6
Ogogo 5 can’t see what he offers at all
Thomas 7
Shipley 6 should have had a hattrick - even when she’s having a mare he looks like he might score or create something, bloke behind me just abused him all game - I dispare
Hiwula 6
Clark Harris 8

Jones 4
Bayliss 5

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Burge 4
Thompson 6
Mason 4
Willis 5
Hyam 4
Doyle 4
Hiwula 7 - very good second half
Shipley 6

Ogogo 4
Thomas 6
JCH 5

Subs
Jones 2
Bayliss 4
Chaplin 4
Overall ran out of steam later on.City looked better team until last 20 minutes but fell away a lot especially last 10.

Nick

Administrator
Thompson the best defender?

In terms of steam, we made changes, how many did they make before scoring the third?

rob9872

Taking Thomas off to get JJ game time was a mistake. Jodi is miles from fitness and I think as bad as we were we could've still won that if Thomas stayed on. His work rate is immense.

For me only Burge, Willis, Thomas and Jono come out of that game with any credit. Actually I suppose Hiwula ok too. Wrong team, wrong formation, wrong subs. Move on it's gone now and I'd rather 3 points in the league.

I also thought we offered crap support today. Been much noisier with a fraction of that following.

steve82

Burge 5
Thompson 3
Willis 4.5
Hyam 5
Mason 3.5
Hiwula 5.5
Doyle 5
Ogogo 4
Shipley 4
Thomas 6
Jch 6

Bayliss 2
Jones 2
Chaplin -

Bad day at the office all round from team selection to the performance, why o why revert back to 4231, drop it please MR!!

Defensive mistakes cost us the game in reality. Grimmer and Brown should of been the options taken today in the full back roles. It was a calamitous defensive display as we looked all over the place at the back in a terrible first 45 mins, Thompson had a very bad afternoon and does not look a comfortable fullback and Willis looked less composed likely as a result of Thompson’s performance but was all over the shop in the 1st half, Mason offered little in the tackle, attacking outlet and touch was poor. Hyam looked the pick of a bad day for the back 4. Midfield struggled to dictate the game for large parts of the game likely for being so deep and the changes in the second half made us worse as a result. Shipley wasn’t great but the fresh legs of Bayliss and JJ came on and made us weaker and result was worse as a unit.

Hiwula I want to see upfront not on the wing as he’s a threat with the ball but gets disposed so softly in the danger areas of the game, JCH for me really isn’t the man to convert to a target man to lump it too in hard times, put in a shift tho taking his goal well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Thompson the best defender?

In terms of steam, we made changes, how many did they make before scoring the third?

He was better than Mason, Hyam and Burge(goalie) today in my opinion.
I scored Thompson higher than Willis based on him being young and inexperienced and Willis is an established very decent player.

Walsall looked like scoring for about 10 minutes before their winner.

Nick

Administrator
He was better than Mason, Hyam and Burge(goalie) today in my opinion.
I scored Thompson higher than Willis based on him being young and inexperienced and Willis is an established very decent player.

Walsall looked like scoring for about 10 minutes before their winner.
What did he do better then burge? Bit random. He was the worst defender closely followed by mason

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Burge - 5.5 want to see the second goal back but he seemed very slow to get there but made a good save or 2

Thompson - 4.5 tough day at the office. A few nice touches here and there but at least partly responsible for second goal. Nowhere near as bad as the 2s some are suggesting but that’s expected from usual knee-jerk, it’s either a 6 or a 2, nothing in between

Hyam - 5 looked rusty today, I like his ability to play out from the back but caught us short a few times today

Willis - 6 better of the two centre backs, his pace helps massively when caught short. Their number 9 was a handful, the 29 was a handful but in another sense

Mason - 5.5 also looked a bit rusty but some nice link up play going forward. Got caught on the wrong side a few times but thankfully his pace bailed him out

Thomas - 6.5 not his usual self but their left back (although a complete prick) had a quality game and kept him quiet. Lucky with the goal but difficult technique watching it come out the sky to even get on target

Ogogo - 5 think he was okay, looks to be getting sharper. Feel like a few very average performances might make him have a negative bias for sometime

Doyle - 5 wanted to dictate everything, readily gave the ball away but few good passes especially switching play

Hiwula - 7 our most dangerous attacking threat

Shipley - 4.5 thought his touch was really poor today and probably should have had two, maybe even three. He was completely blown at 65 minutes and should have been replaced

JCH - 7.5 thought he was quality in holding the ball up and linking up. Took his goal well.

Jones - 3 not involved and when he was he was poor, summarised by controlling a simple pass into touch. We’re gonna have to be patient with him and not get on his back, it’s a long road to recovery

Bayliss - 4 similar to jones to be honest. Made no impact at all

Chaplin - can’t rate as he wasn’t on for long enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

I’m going to keep a level head here, with a lot of these scores, you’d have thought we’d lost 4-0.

Burge, 6 - made a good save, confusion between him and Thompson led to their first

Thompson, 5 - looks awkward going forward, and was involved in two defensive mixups. He bounced back from that quite well. Time for Grimmer/Sterling to come back though.

Willis, 6 - average, he and Hyam looked jittery on the ball.

Hyam, 6 - likewise. Both stuggled with their striker, Cook (number 9).

Mason, 5 - decent attacking play but also struggled with their number 10, Ismail.

Thomas, 6 - good goal, but was nowhere near the threat he was v Stanley and was pretty quiet minus one or two occasions where he took one too many touches.

Ogogo, 6 - the midfield functioned well, and we were winning most of the second balls until he came off. Pressed high up the pitch and disrupted direct passes a fair few times.

Doyle, 6 - was progressive in his passing, and made his fair share of tackles. Possibly at fault for losing possession for their 3rd goal, but he was bollocking Hiwula so perhaps a mixup.

Hiwula, 7 - a positive outlet for us and looked to trouble their right back all game but should’ve got more shots/crosses off than he did.

Shipley, 7 - unlucky not to have scored, made positive runs from deep and like the rest of front 4, his final touch let him down.

JCH, 7 - my MOTM (for us), won a lot aerially, link up play was good and got a goal, probably should’ve had another before his goal.

Subs, 5 - rational, positive moves which ultimately didn’t pay off in the end.

There’s a lot of knee jerk rating here because we lost in the end. To put things back into perspective, we came back from 2-0 down and the lads deserve some credit for that. We generally had the better chances and felt like had this been a league game, we would’ve seen out a draw which would’ve been a good result. We didn’t play that badly at all.

Throwing around scores less than 4 in a game we lost by one goal is a bit over the top.

Otis

I’m going to keep a level head here, with a lot of these scores, you’d have thought we’d lost 4-0.

Burge, 6 - made a good save, confusion between him and Thompson led to their first

Thompson, 5 - looks awkward going forward, and was involved in two defensive mixups. He bounced back from that quite well. Time for Grimmer/Sterling to come back though.

Willis, 6 - average, he and Hyam looked jittery on the ball.

Hyam, 6 - likewise. Both stuggled with their striker, Cook (number 9).

Mason, 5 - decent attacking play but also struggled with their number 10, Ismail.

Thomas, 6 - good goal, but was nowhere near the threat he was v Stanley and was pretty quiet minus one or two occasions where he took one too many touches.

Ogogo, 6 - the midfield functioned well, and we were winning most of the second balls until he came off. Pressed high up the pitch and disrupted direct passes a fair few times.

Doyle, 6 - was progressive in his passing, and made his fair share of tackles. Possibly at fault for losing possession for their 3rd goal, but he was bollocking Hiwula so perhaps a mixup.

Hiwula, 7 - a positive outlet for us and looked to trouble their right back all game but should’ve got more shots/crosses off than he did.

Shipley, 7 - unlucky not to have scored, made positive runs from deep and like the rest of front 4, his final touch let him down.

JCH, 7 - my MOTM (for us), won a lot aerially, link up play was good and got a goal, probably should’ve had another before his goal.

Subs, 5 - rational, positive moves which ultimately didn’t pay off in the end.

There’s a lot of knee jerk rating here because we lost in the end. To put things back into perspective, we came back from 2-0 down and the lads deserve some credit for that. We generally had the better chances and felt like had this been a league game, we would’ve seen out a draw which would’ve been a good result. We didn’t play that badly at all.

Throwing around scores less than 4 in a game we lost by one goal is a bit over the top.
Yup.

With ratings of 2 and 3 I would expect us to be losing at least 4 nil, maybe, 6 or 7 or 8.

Would also be very much expecting 'worst performance of ALL times comments' with that. In fact, I would be expecting it to BE the world performance of all time, especially if our midfield two were getting 1.5 and 2.5 scores.

Would have to be the worst ever by far.

Nick

Administrator
Yup.

With ratings of 2 and 3 I would expect us to be losing at least 4 nil, maybe, 6 or 7 or 8.

Would also be very much expecting 'worst performance of ALL times comments' with that. In fact, I would be expecting it to BE the world performance of all time, especially if our midfield two were getting 1.5 and 2.5 scores.

Would have to be the worst ever by far.
It was one of those games where players were really bad. It was made worse because Walsall were awful and we did our best to give them the game.

Two other full backs and a striker instead of Shipley and we would have won that game without getting into second gear.

Otis

It was one of those games where players were really bad. It was made worse because Walsall were awful and we did our best to give them the game.

Two other full backs and a striker instead of Shipley and we would have won that game without getting into second gear.
How would you rate it compared to Blackpool and Oxford (cup) and Bristol?

Nick

Administrator
How would you rate it compared to Blackpool and Oxford (cup) and Bristol?
Probably worse than Blackpool and Oxford. We didn't have a first minute injury as an excuse.

Probably up there with Bristol.

It was one of those games it was obvious they were going to score and we did nothing to be prevent it.

Otis

Probably worse than Blackpool and Oxford. We didn't have a first minute injury as an excuse.

It was one of those games it was obvious they were going to score and we did nothing to be prevent it.
Will bow to your superior knowledge. :)

play_in_skyblue_stripes

What did he do better then burge? Bit random. He was the worst defender closely followed by mason

Thompson contributed more than Burge to preventing Walsall scoring, I'm not particularly having a go at Burge , just supporting some young player who has looks to have some potential and was slated by some people.

Hopefully we can leave this sub topic now.

Nick

Administrator
Thompson contributed more than Burge to preventing Walsall scoring, I'm not particularly having a go at Burge , just supporting some young player who has looks to have some potential and was slated by some people.

Hopefully we can leave this sub topic now.

Did he? How?

Thompson assisted one of their goals and nearly cost us another when they hit the bar.

Sky Blue Pete

Will bow to your superior knowledge. :)
You’re right Otis. I wasn’t at Blackpool or oxford but it wasn’t the worst performance I’ve seen by a long long shot. We need to agree a rating key. For me 6 is average cause I’d never give 0 so it’s between 1 and 10.

A couple were below 6 so a 5 and a couple above

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I’m not having that. We were well in that game yesterday, we didn’t get a sniff against Blackpool, and oxford are far worse than Walsall and we were dominated. I don’t know if you just had a shit day all round yesterday, but you’ve made this game out to be much worse than it was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

You’re right Otis. I wasn’t at Blackpool or oxford but it wasn’t the worst performance I’ve seen by a long long shot. We need to agree a rating key. For me 6 is average cause I’d never give 0 so it’s between 1 and 10.

A couple were below 6 so a 5 and a couple above

Yeah I'd agree that a key would be really, really useful. I use the old 'Champ Manager' approach where players start at 6 and therefore anything below that is a 'bad' game and 6 is basically bang average (and likely to get you dropped). Ratings of 5 indicate having had a notably poor game, anything below that is really quite rare and I don't think I've ever seen a 1-3 score fo rayon other than a keeper. I'm not saying this approach is best nor even that logical, it's just something I got used to by playing far, far too much CM than was good for me.

Users who are viewing this thread