Player ratings (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

He is doing it costistently , it’s one of the strongest parts of his game now... which was the main point of my post.
he also makes very few mistakes, I constantly see other keepers make many more than him. On that basis I’d say he IS already a very good league 1 keeper
I don't agree. Look at some of the shit he was doing vs oxford

luwalla

I don't agree. Look at some of the shit he was doing vs oxford
Be interested to know who you do class as a good league 1 player then... and, if they are a midfielder , do they make every pass & get every cross in every game... or if they are a striker, do they score every chance they get in every game... or a defender that makes every tackle and clears every ball.

Seems some forgive midfielders puting in the odd astray pass & strikers for missing 3
Out of four chances , as long as they score one, but when it comes to keepers any mistake and they are shot down.

Did you see Pickford playing for Everton today , made a Couple of shocking kicks , one went low and straight out to West Ham striker, and West Ham scored from Pickfords error. He is England’s number 1. You have to forgive keepers for not doing every single thing perfect , same way you do for every other position on the pitch

Hardest position on the pitch & he is doing my great job again in my opinion. Can’t really see many better in this league

Last edited:

covcity4life

Be interested to know who you do class as a good league 1 player then... and, if they are a midfielder , do they make every pass & get every cross in every game... or if they are a striker, do they score every chance they get in every game... or a defender that makes every tackle and clears every ball.

Seems some forgive midfielders puting in the odd astray pass & strikers for missing 3
Out of four chances , as long as they score one, but when it comes to keepers any mistake and they are shot down.

Did you see Pickford playing for Everton today , made a Couple of shocking kicks , one went low and straight out to West Ham striker, and West Ham scored from Pickfords error. He is England’s number 1. You have to forgive keepers for not doing every single thing perfect , same way you do for every other position on the pitch

Hardest position on the pitch & he is doing my great job again in my opinion. Can’t really see many better in this league

lmao

1)he did a great job on sat
2) best in the league?

fucking hell doyle is better,bayliss is better,luke thomas is currently playing better

stop taking everything to heart. are you his dad?! he did great for us last year but he was a back up plan that came good. he is gonna need time to do same in league 1 yes but that doesnt mean we spend that time pretending he is palying well

Irish Sky Blue

lmao

2) best in the league?

fucking hell doyle is better,bayliss is better,luke thomas is currently playing better

stop taking everything to heart. are you his dad?! he did great for us last year but he was a back up plan that came good. he is gonna need time to do same in league 1 yes but that doesnt mean we spend that time pretending he is palying well
Why was he a back up plan? I think he was always first choice. ( He was injured both at the start of last season and the start of this one too).

covcity4life

Why was he a back up plan? I think he was always first choice. ( He was injured both at the start of last season and the start of this one too).
because jones got injured for season and so did andreu

first games shipley played for us last year were in centre mid

to say he was plan a for the first team and as a left midfielder is just lying.

Grendel

He played in the EFL cup last season on August 10 - he was never a first choice in the league at the start

clint van damme

lmao

2) best in the league?

he did play well Saturday.
Look at the marks people have been giving him, crazy to say otherwise.

CCFC88

Wish bayliss would pull the trigger a bit more. He's so good when he gets going and I can see why he's trying to play cc or jch in on the edge but sometimes just shoot
Yep, gives the defenders something else to think about, if he pulls the trigger a couple of times early doors they will look to close him down for the rest of the game opening up more space to Chap/JCH through

luwalla

lmao

2) best in the league?

LOL i think you might be getting the wrong end of the stick... i was on about burge you mad man... calm down :)

clint van damme

Just rang the wife who gave me the lowdown on my performance Saturday, (was too hanging to talk to anyone yesterday).
Carried up to bed by her and my youngest daughter and bizarrely considering we'd just had a cracking result I was shouting I hate football!
Hopefully I will avoid the shots Saturday.

luwalla

dude responded to me saying best midfielder in league!

i agree burge played well

not me... shipley isnt even the best midfielder on the city bench,!! LOL
I did say in a post that he puts a shift in & gets unfair stick, but no way that can be read as the best midfielder i the league.

rob9872

So is Shipley a decent goalkeeper or not?

Sky Blue Pete

Not to me! I saw what you did there!! I thought that after Clint’s interesting post, your marking of Burge as 9, with no comment, was priceless. I may well, though, have been the only person on here to have read anything into your post and been entertained by it!!
Don’t tell me he didn’t mean it!!!!!

Grendel

Not to me! I saw what you did there!! I thought that after Clint’s interesting post, your marking of Burge as 9, with no comment, was priceless. I may well, though, have been the only person on here to have read anything into your post and been entertained by it!!

I’d already commented on another thread that either he or Willis were man of the match you clown

Users who are viewing this thread