Player ratings (1 Viewer)

Otis

Funnily enough, kicking and throwing should be the easiest skill to improve as a keeper.

If Burge added that to his game he'd be in the top 3 keepers at this level.
It's annoying isn't it, because surely that is something that CAN be worked on and he should be much better at it by now.

pusbccfc

It's annoying isn't it, because surely that is something that CAN be worked on and he should be much better at it by now.

Part of the issue is his timing as well. How many times, year after year, does he bottle releasing the ball early.

Spurs 'City Away Kit' Kit

Good to see JCH using his size and strength more today, he's got the physical attributes to put pressure on most defences and, in my opinion, hasn't used them enough. Signs of a partnership with Chaplin developing which bodes well for the future. Doyler back on form again today, I was starting to think he was looking a bit shaky this season but was back to what hue does best, continually pressurising their midfield and we even saw the gentle jog he does with a shoulder shrug as an opponent picks himself off the floor as if hit by a magical gust of wind!!

luwalla

Burge did one dodgy kick in the whole game and still got stick!! Haha

He was brilliant today. The way he comes out and takes some of the crosses into the box is second to none, add to that his one on one saves today and, as others have said, he was an 8/9. And up there for MOTM for me

Doyle looked god today too, as did kelly when he came on.

Felt sorry for Shipley, ran his heart out and broke up play a lot, but because he won’t tackle ( yes it frustrates me too) and tired towards the end , he got the boys on his back. Never like to see that... remember he scored and broke the deadlock in the last away match

covcity4life

Burge may make odd good claim but as a keeper that means little unless you can do it consistently. If he can add that and iron out mistakes he's a v good league 1 keeper. But it is a big if

larry_david

Wish bayliss would pull the trigger a bit more. He's so good when he gets going and I can see why he's trying to play cc or jch in on the edge but sometimes just shoot

Londonccfcfan

Burge did one dodgy kick in the whole game and still got stick!! Haha

He was brilliant today. The way he comes out and takes some of the crosses into the box is second to none, add to that his one on one saves today and, as others have said, he was an 8/9. And up there for MOTM for me

Doyle looked god today too, as did kelly when he came on.

Felt sorry for Shipley, ran his heart out and broke up play a lot, but because he won’t tackle ( yes it frustrates me too) and tired towards the end , he got the boys on his back. Never like to see that... remember he scored and broke the deadlock in the last away match

Unbelievable some of the stick Burge gets. I was a big critic of him, but if I’m honest I think he’s won me over! Especially in the very big games finals and semi finals. Not forgetting last minute save in checkatrade final.

He’s always been a very good shot stopper. But this season I’ve seen a big improvement from him in commanding his box. And his distribution is getting a lot better than it was last season when he practically kicked everything into touch.
Yes he will make the odd mistake during the season. Time in him well invested.

Yesterday was a complete performance imo from a much much improved goal keeper. Still scratching my head How Chaplin got motm over him. Strikers seem to always get the limelight.

SlowerThanPlatt

Unbelievable some of the stick Burge gets. I was a big critic of him, but if I’m honest I think he’s won me over! Especially in the very big games finals and semi finals. Not forgetting last minute save in checkatrade final.

He’s always been a very good shot stopper. But this season I’ve seen a big improvement from him in commanding his box. And his distribution is getting a lot better than it was last season when he practically kicked everything into touch.
Yes he will make the odd mistake during the season. Time in him well invested.

Yesterday was a complete performance imo from a much much improved goal keeper. Still scratching my head How Chaplin got motm over him. Strikers seem to always get the limelight.

Man of the match is voted for by the match sponsors not the club

sylus

Great game yesterday fully deserved,oh my head this morning,worth it though,my ratings.
Burge -8
Brown - 7
Hyam- 8
Willis - 9
Sterling - 7
Shipley - 7
Bayliss - 8
Doyle - 8
Thomas - 8
Clarke-Harris - 8
Chaplin - 9.
Subs.
Kelly - 7
My man of the match... Bakayoko 10..outstanding performance.

Sbarcher

Burge had a great game yesterday. Just an observation about his distribution. Never seems to see the quick throw out. Kicking off the ground stays too low and from the hand too high.

Otis

Burge had a great game yesterday. Just an observation about his distribution. Never seems to see the quick throw out. Kicking off the ground stays too low and from the hand too high.
Yep and it is surely something that can be rectified.

clint van damme

Sterling is showing exactly why clubs send players on loan. Was clear from day 1 he had ability but he needed to learn that his primary function is defending and in proper games you don't get time to mess about or switch off in proper games.
Very good performance yesterday and he's maturing quickly. Grimmer will have a job shifting him.

Otis

Sterling is showing exactly why clubs send players on loan. Was clear from day 1 he had ability but he needed to learn that his primary function is defending and in proper games you don't get time to mess about or switch off in proper games.
Very good performance yesterday and he's maturing quickly. Grimmer will have a job shifting him.
Yep, good game, but was disappointed with that one incident where he let their attacker cut inside him far too easily.

Adge

Burge 8 Man of the match for me and we’ve all been hammering him for years, (most of it justified) but I think that was his best all round performance between the sticks that I have seen him play apart from 1 or maybe 2 kicks off the ground which were a bit wayward.
Sterling 7 Much better than of late-a couple of good interceptions when Barnsley were on the break.
Brown 7 Got out of jail with the backpass but didn’t let it affect him and got better as the game went on.
Willis 8 Solid and put his head in where it hurts for maximum reward.
Hyam 8 Coped we’ll against the Barnsley big hitters next to Willis-seems to get better every game.
Doyle 7 Struggled early on but his management skills and dark arts really came to the fore second half especially. Proved a few wrong who said his legs had gone for this league.
Bayliss 7 Over done it once or twice and should have released it earlier on occasions or just shoot! But generally good going forward.
Thomas 7 Ran our of steam in the last 20 mins or so but if he can get a goal we will see him improve with his decision making but that should come.
Shipley 6. Gets a 6 for effort and nobody can fault that. I’m afraid though that effort will only get you so far and sadly for Jordan this will remain his level as there is a lack of quality that goes along with that. Does he deserve a place in the side? For me yes and I go back to last week where he was involved in our 2 goals.
JCH 7 Is always going to be the water carrier alongside Chaplin but I mentioned previously that if he pipes up with 10 goals that will be more than adequate for the type of player/role he is being asked to play.
Chaplin 8 Should have scored early on and then thought he had done it in the second half apart from the flag going up. Another clever player and a good addition to bury the ghost of McNulty. The goals will come from him.
Subs- Kelly 7 Steadied the ship.
Bakayoko 6 Not really long enough but part of a great team performance so a 6 is in order.

Reactions: SAJ

Otis

Burge 8 Man of the match for me and we’ve all been hammering him for years, (most of it justified) but I think that was his best all round performance between the sticks that I have seen him play apart from 1 or maybe 2 kicks off the ground which were a bit wayward.
Sterling 7 Much better than of late-a couple of good interceptions when Barnsley were on the break.
Brown 7 Got out of jail with the backpass but didn’t let it affect him and got better as the game went on.
Willis 8 Solid and put his head in where it hurts for maximum reward.
Hyam 8 Coped we’ll against the Barnsley big hitters next to Willis-seems to get better every game.
Doyle 7 Struggled early on but his management skills and dark arts really came to the fore second half especially. Proved a few wrong who said his legs had gone for this league.
Bayliss 7 Over done it once or twice and should have released it earlier on occasions or just shoot! But generally good going forward.
Thomas 7 Ran our of steam in the last 20 mins or so but if he can get a goal we will see him improve with his decision making but that should come.
Shipley 6. Gets a 6 for effort and nobody can fault that. I’m afraid though that effort will only get you so far and sadly for Jordan this will remain his level as there is a lack of quality that goes along with that. Does he deserve a place in the side? For me yes and I go back to last week where he was involved in our 2 goals.
JCH 7 Is always going to be the water carrier alongside Chaplin but I mentioned previously that if he pipes up with 10 goals that will be more than adequate for the type of player/role he is being asked to play.
Chaplin 8 Should have scored early on and then thought he had done it in the second half apart from the flag going up. Another clever player and a good addition to bury the ghost of McNulty. The goals will come from him.
Subs- Kelly 7 Steadied the ship.
Bakayoko 6 Not really long enough but part of a great team performance so a 6 is in order.
Yep, Doyle surprised me. Almost like he was wading through treacle in that first half, but he got stronger and fresher as the game wore on.

Fair play.

Gibbo

Across 17 of you, Chaplin averages 7.6 yet he missed a very clear chance, when that is his job. I see rose tinted spectacles

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Burge 8 - two fantastic saves and was much more comfortable commanding his box. Would have got even higher but I think I recall three kicks which could have got us into trouble, but superb otherwise

Sterling 7.5 - solid performance. Was strong defensively and looked to have a relationship growing with Thomas

Hyam 8 - if he wasn’t lacking pace he’d be playing at a much higher level. Reads the game so well and barely ever comes out worse in any 50/50s

Willis 8 - feel like their defensive partnership will be crucial to our season and I don’t remember him putting a foot wrong.

Brown 7 - Burge bailed him out big time, but he didn’t let it effect his game and that moment withstanding had a great game

Thomas 7.5 - what we needed, pacey, tricky winger who can stretch a game. Reminds me a lot of Ryan Kent. End product lacking slightly but that’s why he’s with us

Bayliss 7 - wasn’t his usual expressive self but nonetheless put in a shift for the team and broke up the pitch well

Doyle 8 - first half was quieter but lead like a captain in the second half, helping push us on for the win

Shipley 4 - don’t wanna be too harsh on him, today he was very poor

Chaplin 8 - yes he missed a chance he should have scored but was such a threat throughout. Striker we needed, and linked up well with JCH

JCH 8 - looks a different player. Was so strong on the ball, none of his usual falling over, won a huge amount of headers.

One of the most enjoyable performances in a while, no idea how it stayed 0-0 for so long, Barnsley were neat and tidy too. Great advert for league one football, Barnsley will be up there end of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Burge 8 - two fantastic saves and was much more comfortable commanding his box. Would have got even higher but I think I recall three kicks which could have got us into trouble, but superb otherwise

Sterling 7.5 - solid performance. Was strong defensively and looked to have a relationship growing with Thomas

Hyam 8 - if he wasn’t lacking pace he’d be playing at a much higher level. Reads the game so well and barely ever comes out worse in any 50/50s

Willis 8 - feel like their defensive partnership will be crucial to our season and I don’t remember him putting a foot wrong.

Brown 7 - Burge bailed him out big time, but he didn’t let it effect his game and that moment withstanding had a great game

Thomas 7.5 - what we needed, pacey, tricky winger who can stretch a game. Reminds me a lot of Ryan Kent. End product lacking slightly but that’s why he’s with us

Bayliss 7 - wasn’t his usual expressive self but nonetheless put in a shift for the team and broke up the pitch well

Doyle 8 - first half was quieter but lead like a captain in the second half, helping push us on for the win

Shipley 4 - don’t wanna be too harsh on him, today he was very poor

Chaplin 8 - yes he missed a chance he should have scored but was such a threat throughout. Striker we needed, and linked up well with JCH

JCH 8 - looks a different player. Was so strong on the ball, none of his usual falling over, won a huge amount of headers.

One of the most enjoyable performances in a while, no idea how it stayed 0-0 for so long, Barnsley were neat and tidy too. Great advert for league one football, Barnsley will be up there end of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will we be?

steve82

Burge - 8 motm
Sterling - 6.5
Willis - 7.5
Hyam - 7.5
Brown 6.5
Shipley - 6
Doyle - 7
Bayliss - 6.5
Thomas - 6.5
Chaplin - 6.5
JCH - 6.5

Kelly - 6
Bakayoko N/A

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fatso

JCH would of got his second tap in in as many games, if only people would look up and square the ball instead of trying to squeeze a shot in from a rediculously tight angle.

luwalla

Burge may make odd good claim but as a keeper that means little unless you can do it consistently. If he can add that and iron out mistakes he's a v good league 1 keeper. But it is a big if
He is doing it costistently , it’s one of the strongest parts of his game now... which was the main point of my post.
he also makes very few mistakes, I constantly see other keepers make many more than him. On that basis I’d say he IS already a very good league 1 keeper

stupot07

JCH would of got his second tap in in as many games, if only people would look up and square the ball instead of trying to squeeze a shot in from a rediculously tight angle.
He would have got his second tap in in as many games if he'd not tamely passed back to the keeper when he had an open goal from Chaplin's pass.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rob9872

He would have got his second tap in in as many games if he'd not tamely passed back to the keeper when he had an open goal from Chaplin's pass.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Flag was up for that one anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread