Brown 6
Doyle 5
Bayliss 6
Shipley 6 (Ogogo 5)
Thomas 5
JCH 6
Chaplin 7

Limey

Burge 7 (excellent low save, claimed crosses, Okiba should never have been allowed free header)
Hyam & Willis 7 (solid)
Brown 7 (against better winger in division)
Sterling 6 (lost man for goal)
Bayliss 6.5 (some excellent play)
Doyle 6.5 (standard Doyle)
Shipley 7 (credit for causing both goals)
Thomas 6 (potential, needs to be calmer)
JCH 6.5 (battled well)
Chaplin 7.5 (menace across the line, lively and hungry to shoot)

Grimmer - was playing well until injury

sperrin07

Burge 6 solid and good save, marked down as went missing for goal
Grimmer 6 looked decent and hope hes back for Barnsley
Hyam 8 solid, feel for tom davies
Willis 8 see above
Brown 6 prefer him to mason and think he will be a big player as the season progresses
Thomas 6 should of squared it to jch
Doyle 6 better 2nd half
Bayliss 7 drive at the end reminded me of notts co away definitely a better player when were winning
Shipley 6 lucky not to have been sent off, lucky deflection, good bravery for pen
Chaplin 8 neat touches, determined, cool for pen and got an assist
Jch 7 won fouls well, 2nd half much better and streetwise

Sterling 5 i just dont see it. Gets forward well but cant take anyone on, lost his man at corner, much prefer grimmer

Not enough time to rate but the fact we can bring ogogo and andreu off the bench highlights the strength in depth

Grendel

Come on then, why did Doyle warrant a three?

Thought he was awful and blowing badly in the second half. He shouldn’t be in the team

junglej13

Hyam and Willis both been excellent. Hyam gets better every game. JCH lead the line very well second half and Chaplin definitely adds something to us.

clint van damme

Hyam and Willis both been excellent. Hyam gets better every game. JCH lead the line very well second half and Chaplin definitely adds something to us.

Not sure if Chaplin playing further forward or JCH looking after the ball better second half is what improved us, (perhaps a bit of both), but we certainly seemed to carry a threat that has been missing.
Hopefully it's a partnership that Robins can keep developing.

covcity4life

Burge 5
Grimmer 6
Hyam 7
Willis 8
Brown 6
Doyle 6
Bayliss 6
Shipley 6
Thomas 5
Jch 5
Chaplin 6

Sterling 5
Agogo 5
Andreu 5

ccfcway

Burge was at fault for one, could easily have been 2 goals. He made one on target save that I can remember. I can’t see how he could get the same scores as someone like Hyam and Willis who are as solid as they come in this divison so far this season (and today)

clint van damme

imagine if Burge had given away the penalty their keeper did
torches.jpg

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Burge 6 - A couple of good saves but a couple of flaps too.
Grimmer 6 - Pretty decent apart from a few hoofs.
Willis 7 - One of the best.
Hyam 7 - Same as above.
Brown 5 - Mixed performance. Switched off too many times really.
Doyle 5 - Possibly generous.
Bayliss 6 - Some great moves but also some poor decision making and ball retention.
Shipley 6 - Dire in the first half but much better second.
Thomas 5 - Zero end product. Maybe time to switch him out.
JCH 7 - Decent today.
Chaplin 7 - What we have been missing.

Sterling 5 - At fault for the goal without question which puts a downer on the rest.
Ogogo & Andreu - Not really on long enough to comment.

pastythegreat

Burge. 5. Didn't do much but was bullied at every corner. Could of scored from one earlier, was only a matter of time.
Grimmer. 6. Didn't do much before he was bought of but earns an extra point because he dropped his shoulder and turned a player on the halfway line who then audibly called him a c**t
Hyam and Willis. 6.5. Done a job. Both headed well.
Brown. 6. Didn't do much. Was lucky to stay on the pitch I thought. Challenge was high, uncontrolled and reckless. On another day (with a decent ref) he'd walk for that.
Doyle. 6. His passing is awful. Think he got away with a lot last season but he's being highlighted in a better league. Difficult one for me as we need a leader on the pitch but he looks slow and out of his depth.
Bayliss. 6.5. Love his runs on the ball. Great to get us out of our half when under pressure, but really needs to learn when to release the ball at the end of the run instead of eventually running into dead ends and losing the ball.
Thomas. 6. Not his best of games today.
Shipley. 6.5. Needless foul getting a booking so early on. Look suspect to getting a 2nd yellow from then on. He was targeted by them for diving and drawing in fouls. Made 2 goals though so credit where it's due.
JCH. 5.5 I don't get how somebody as big and strong as him doesn't win a single header?!?! Baffling.
Chaplin. 6.5. Good movement. Should of scored a couple but given time he'll score plenty. Will only get better.

Sterling. 5.5 rarely in the game. Forgot he was playing tbf.
Ogogo/Andrue N/A.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

pastythegreat

Burge was at fault for one, could easily have been 2 goals. He made one on target save that I can remember. I can’t see how he could get the same scores as someone like Hyam and Willis who are as solid as they come in this divison so far this season (and today)
And the one he saved he parried right back into the middle of play. Lucky Willis got to it 1st as could easily of been a goal.

Skybluefaz

Burge - 6 Got lost for the goal, or massively caught out because of the quality of the delivery. Either way as badly positioned. Thought his save was much better than it looked on the replays, great reaction save.
Grimmer - 6 Was getting forward well, equally was giving the ball away as he does.
Willis - 8 Solid
Hyam - 8 Solid and cool
Brown - 6 Thought he did ok, had good spells and off spells
Thomas - 4 Really bad in the final third today
Bayliss - 7 A well rounded performance, got his foot in, distributed and still drove with the ball when the opportunity presented itself
Doyle - 6 Did look to struggle with the pace but his game management was back. We need his experience.
Shipley - 6 Got himself in good positions for the goal and penalty, quality was lacking on occasion though, I still want to see more pace out on the left
JCH - 7 Second half he got the better of the Oxford CB's. People say he isn't a target man, I don't know why when he plays like that.
Chaplin 8 - Looked a threat, got into dangerous areas and was thinking quickly, like the movement on that quick free kick that got him in behind

mds

When Burge flapped with his feet for the cross that sailed over him
OMG he is a disaster waiting to happen
He was being held, replays showed it clearly!
And the one he saved he parried right back into the middle of play. Lucky Willis got to it 1st as could easily of been a goal.
And if he parried it wide of goal straight into the Oxford players path ;)

pastythegreat

He was being held, replays showed it clearly!
And if he parried it wide of goal straight into the Oxford players path ;)
You clearly know nothing about goalkeeping. If you can't catch and have to parry it has to go to the side, away from goal.

SlowerThanPlatt

Burge - 6
Grimmer - 6
Willis - 8
Hyam - 8
Brown - 5
Thomas - 6
Doyle - 6
Bayliss - 7
Shipley - 7
Chaplin - 7
Clarke Harris - 6

cooperskyblue

Burge 6
Grimmer 6.5
Willis 7.5
Hyam 7.5
Brown 6
Doyle 6
Bayliss 7
Thomas 6
Shipley 6.5
JCH 6.5
Chaplin 8

Subs:
Sterling 6
Andreu n/a
Ogogo n/a

Thoughts:
Second half much better, but with plenty of room for improvement still. We seemed to play a 442 and a system that you could see the players were familiar with and passed it around on the ground and looked a lot closer to the team of last year. Think Chaplin was strong and had some nice touches. Looking forward to seeing Jones and Kelly in this team.

Gosb

For a variety of reasons I rarely get to see the Sky Blues although I've been a fan since the 4th Division days.

Things that impressed me today were

Everybody put a shift in
The defence, with the exception of Stirling, looked pretty secure (and yes, I'm including Burge in that)
The strength on the bench - Davies, Ogogo, Andreu, Hiwalu, with Jones and Kelly still to feature
Chaplin did a passable impersonation of McNulty

And a word for Shipley who may not be our most gifted player but he sure gets around. It is quite possible that we would have lost today without him on the pitch.

junglej13

I'm obviously in the minority but I thought Burge did ok. If the start of this season has reinforced nothing else it is that Burge is the best we have currently. Thomas has made some poor choices in the last two games and looks a little naive defensively (gave away some silly cheap free kicks) but you can tell he is a threat and one goal will do him the world of good. All in all today is a huge result and could serve as real platform for us. Overall I think we are a good side and the squad has some real depth. The Arsenal game in the week will also serve as a good opportunity to get some more minutes in the legs of the likes of Bakayoko, Hiwula, Davies, Andreu, Ogogo, Allassani etc.

SAJ

Can't believe the bad press Burge is getting. He was clearly blocked or held at most corners just like Notts County did. Accept he was slow to move for their goal but had Stirling bothered to turn up it should have never got to that.
Appears to me we ought to be looking at teaching Burge what to do when he is being held or blocked. Other than that he had a reasonable game.

ccfcway

Can't believe the bad press Burge is getting. He was clearly blocked or held at most corners just like Notts County did. Accept he was slow to move for their goal but had Stirling bothered to turn up it should have never got to that.
Appears to me we ought to be looking at teaching Burge what to do when he is being held or blocked. Other than that he had a reasonable game.

beauty of football, everyone has an opinion.

Nonleagueherewecome

Burge-6
Grimmer-7
Brown-5
Willis-8
Hyam-7.5
Thomas-5
Bayliss-7
Doyle-6
Shipley-8
Chaplin-8
Clarke-Harris-7