Player ratings (1 Viewer)

steve82

Just watched the highlights and O'Brien looked dreadful. He was all over the place in spite of the saves he made.

I gave him a 6 and was lucky to get that

Have to agree, it seemed clear to me throughout the game that Burge is the better keeper. O'Briens kicking was poor as was some of his decision making - he was very lucky at times.

I really want to like o brien but let's be honest, if that was burge in net today and performed like that, people on here would be calling for his head. That second half attempt to a claim a ball that was nowhere near him and resulted in four blocks... Goodness me

Come on chaps, think we're being a bit unfair on him. I don't think he was that bad, kept a clean sheet in open play and only picked the ball out the net from a penalty against premier league players.

For a man who's not played for a number of weeks to come in he looked solid enough in the first half, came to collect most crosses in the box he did ok for me. Kicking was questionable yes but I felt confident in him in goal.

2nd half he had a mix up with Willis where he ploughed through the back of him but made some vital saves and blocks with the rest of the defence late on in the second half as stoke pummelled shots and crosses in the box.

Did enough for me, splitting hairs to mark him down as they were all heros.

Otis

Come on chaps, think we're being a bit unfair on him. I don't think he was that bad, kept a clean sheet in open play and only picked the ball out the net from a penalty against premier league players.

For a man who's not played for a number of weeks to come in he looked solid enough in the first half, came to collect most crosses in the box he did ok for me. Kicking was questionable yes but I felt confident in him in goal.

2nd half he had a mix up with Willis where he ploughed through the back of him but made some vital saves and blocks with the rest of the defence late on in the second half as stoke pummelled shots and crosses in the box.

I did say from the highlights, Steve. I wasn't at the game, so only judging from the highlights.

stupot07

Completely agree, that was his only mix up, yes one or two kicks were poor, but he pretty much claimed everything he came for, and made 3-4 very good saves. People will see the mix up on the highlights but not see the build up of pressure leading up to that with a number of balls into the box and stoke throwing 6 forwards on.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

steve82

I did say from the highlights, Steve. I wasn't at the game, so only judging from the highlights.

That's ok... you can only say what you see

Generally he did the job with what was asked of him. 1st half look assured and came for crosses taking them off the heads of a few. Willis bailed him and the defence out with the early effort.

2nd half much the same, caused a bit of chaos when coming to punch the ball away off Willis head with Crouch in close proximity, Davies made a double block, Stevenson and Willis the others before it was cleared.

The parry from crouch's shot moved a lot in the space it travelled so again did enough.

Distribution off the ground was ok, but out his hands seems to strike the ball too much under the centre of it, as if putting some back spin on them. This is where he was letting himself down in a otherwise good performance.

He's still a very inexperienced keeper, so to come in to a big game with a higher than average crowd and media attention he did well.

steve82

Completely agree, that was his only mix up, yes one or two kicks were poor, but he pretty much claimed everything he came for, and made 3-4 very good saves. People will see the mix up on the highlights but not see the build up of pressure leading up to that with a number of balls into the box and stoke throwing 6 forwards on.

Yes correct, the highlights don't give the best reflection on the way the game was going. It's was ball after ball into the box. 11 men blocking clearing everything.

Just like our last 5 minutes spell in the first half didn't come across as good on the highlights.

Some of the passing was quality, quick triangle balls and movement we looked the prem side.

pusbccfc

The acoustics were good because we were packed in together. Had that been 3-4 years ago when the stand behind the goal was open, then with 14,199 the atmosphere would have been gash. I know it didn't go down well with some but closing that stand was a good decision.

Totally agree.

Only problem is it looks awful on TV. I wish they could move the cameras around.

letsallsingtogether

Just watched the highlights and O'Brien looked dreadful. He was all over the place in spite of the saves he made.
Never moved for the pen until it hit the net made a couple of cracking saves but if it wasn't for our heroic defenders throwing themselves at every thing and chasing everything they could have had 3 more goals.

letsallsingtogether

I really want to like o brien but let's be honest, if that was burge in net today and performed like that, people on here would be calling for his head. That second half attempt to a claim a ball that was nowhere near him and resulted in four blocks... Goodness me
We have a few of players like that.
Haynes
Doyle
Burge
Biamou
Any of these make the smallest mistake and they are the shit don't deserve to be in the team should be sold.

Honestly people are actually saying that O'Brian now deserves a run in the team WHY what has Burge done wrong this season.

Otis

I find it funny that Haynes has barely won a header in his career and yesterday he won 2 in 2 minutes from their corners.

Fair play to him.
Might sound good at the mo, but in the grand scheme of things it's not going to sound too prestigious.

Frames on other players' bedroom walls :

Cup winners medals
Player of the season awards
League Titles
International caps

Frame on Ryan Haynes' bedroom wall

"I once won two headers."

lifeskyblue

It was like the Wycombe semi last year...players giving everything and holding on with heroic defending. Harries and turnbull surprised us all then with their resilience v akinfenwe. Yesterday Davis and Willis looked immovable. Haynes winning those headers symptomatic of the team spirit and belief in each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garryb80

We have a few of players like that.
Haynes
Doyle
Burge
Biamou
Any of these make the smallest mistake and they are the shit don't deserve to be in the team should be sold.

Honestly people are actually saying that O'Brian now deserves a run in the team WHY what has Burge done wrong this season.
Thet have both made 1 clanger each this season. Difference was 1 was immediately dropped the other is burge.

Joelly

First time I got to see Bayliss live today and he looks a talent. Very calm on the ball never puts his foot through it, not phased by anyone or anything, always looks forwards. Only negative with him is he occasionally tried something to fancy in our defensive third and lost the ball.

I think Grimmer actually struggled defensively a little bit, still played well but it seemed to me that Davies/Shipley/Maguire-Drew(to an extent) found the step up in quality easier to deal with. Saying that, he scored the winning goal so takes the spot as Jesus today.

covcity4life

All 10s considering we were playing a prem team.

But if i must

Lob 8. Made a few catching mistakes but made up for it with superlativr saves and imo will eventually br our number 1 again

Grimmer 9 - imo at fault for the pen alongside wilson due to a bad header and thrn letting stole winger run right past him but other than that an great performance,worked socks off and gor thr all important winner.

Willis 9 terrible foul for pwn but gor the first goal. Dealt with everythjng well bar the croucj shot at end

Davies 10 a man mountain who stoppes chances even being created rather than judt putting out fires. He did so the desperate stuff when required though

Stokes 9 thought ot was a brilliant left bsck display myself

Doyle 8 a lot of fight as grit. Not best passing but he played his part

Bayliss 9 amazing performance from the lad. A few mistames when he tried to do too muxh but make no mistake this kid is talented

Maguire drew 7 a good debut. Has good feet and delivery will do better vs leagur 2 defenders

Shipley 8 worked his socks off and looks a different player to the one we saw earlier in season

Biamou 8 pure work rate. Battled for every ball. And encourgingly got in goal scoring positions this game

Mcnulty 8 grest off the ball movement. Looked our biggest thresr. Should have scored but luckily we didnt get pubished for it

Subs

Stevenson 7 mixh better from him
Kent 7 fucking won 2 huge headers. Wow

shmmeee

First time I got to see Bayliss live today and he looks a talent. Very calm on the ball never puts his foot through it, not phased by anyone or anything, always looks forwards. Only negative with him is he occasionally tried something to fancy in our defensive third and lost the ball.

I think Grimmer actually struggled defensively a little bit, still played well but it seemed to me that Davies/Shipley/Maguire-Drew(to an extent) found the step up in quality easier to deal with. Saying that, he scored the winning goal so takes the spot as Jesus today.

To be honest, Id be more concerned with a midfielder who never lost the ball in the final third because he’s playing it safe.

Londonccfcfan

How about a referee rating!!!

Superb refereeing (premier league) Really puts it into perspective how bad the standard is at league one/league two level.

He was consistent from the start and was a change not to see any player challenge any decision obviously apart from penalty.

Nick

Administrator
How about a referee rating!!!

Superb refereeing (premier league) Really puts it into perspective how bad the standard is at league one/league two level.

He was consistent from the start and was a change not to see any player challenge any decision obviously apart from penalty.

Apart from the 2 armed push on McNulty.

Londonccfcfan

Apart from the 2 armed push on McNulty.

As opposed to a contentious inconsistent baffling decision every 3 mins in our league.

You obviously didn’t notice the gulf in difference.

Mind you at that level, every decision is dissected by a million angles and a million pundits.

Really does show the gulf in refereeing standards.

stevefloyd

I can criticise just a little today but this in no way takes anything away from the players yesterday, Doyle was 2nd best for the most part in midfield yesterday trying to keep Allen and Ireland quiet, Grimmer got beaten on numerous occasions by Ramadan, and as I have given McNulty credit just lately he pissed me off again yesterday by not even getting his shot on target after rounding the keeper having said that I am still flying high today FANTASTIC feeling woooooooo Hoooooooooooooooo

stupot07

I can criticise just a little today but this in no way takes anything away from the players yesterday, Doyle was 2nd best for the most part in midfield yesterday trying to keep Allen and Ireland quiet, Grimmer got beaten on numerous occasions by Ramadan, and as I have given McNulty credit just lately he pissed me off again yesterday by not even getting his shot on target after rounding the keeper having said that I am still flying high today FANTASTIC feeling woooooooo Hoooooooooooooooo
Tbf. They had 3 quality players in their central midfield against our 2, they were always going to have a lot of posession and dominate the ball in the middle.

stevefloyd

Tbf. They had 3 quality players in their central midfield against our 2, they were always going to have a lot of posession and dominate the ball in the middle.

I agree and so they should after all they are premier players, Doyle has largely been on his own in midfield and carrying the youngsters through and he looked a little knackered after playing Christmas and new year but special mention has to go for Bayliss because he was a giant yesterday, he isn't scared of a tackle and apart from some dodgy passes he had a great game and he is only 18 too his best is yet to come...he is a winner you can see that in his play

Londonccfcfan

All 10s considering we were playing a prem team.

But if i must

Lob 8. Made a few catching mistakes but made up for it with superlativr saves and imo will eventually br our number 1 again

Grimmer 9 - imo at fault for the pen alongside wilson due to a bad header and thrn letting stole winger run right past him but other than that an great performance,worked socks off and gor thr all important winner.

Willis 9 terrible foul for pwn but gor the first goal. Dealt with everythjng well bar the croucj shot at end

Davies 10 a man mountain who stoppes chances even being created rather than judt putting out fires. He did so the desperate stuff when required though

Stokes 9 thought ot was a brilliant left bsck display myself

Doyle 8 a lot of fight as grit. Not best passing but he played his part

Bayliss 9 amazing performance from the lad. A few mistames when he tried to do too muxh but make no mistake this kid is talented

Maguire drew 7 a good debut. Has good feet and delivery will do better vs leagur 2 defenders

Shipley 8 worked his socks off and looks a different player to the one we saw earlier in season

Biamou 8 pure work rate. Battled for every ball. And encourgingly got in goal scoring positions this game

Mcnulty 8 grest off the ball movement. Looked our biggest thresr. Should have scored but luckily we didnt get pubished for it

Subs

Stevenson 7 mixh better from him
Kent 7 fucking won 2 huge headers. Wow

Agree with most of that.

Bayliss that pass to McNulty to put him clean through.

Picks up loose ball, the vision, weight of pass, outside of right boot! Drooling.

Adge

I find it funny that Haynes has barely won a header in his career and yesterday he won 2 in 2 minutes from their corners.

Fair play to him.
Indeed! I gave him an 8 as it’s the best contribution he has made in a Coventry shirt even though he was only on for 10 mins.

Adge

As opposed to a contentious inconsistent baffling decision every 3 mins in our league.

You obviously didn’t notice the gulf in difference.

Mind you at that level, every decision is dissected by a million angles and a million pundits.

Really does show the gulf in refereeing standards.
Atkinson is one of the best in the Premier League. Overall had a good game as for the most part he wasn’t noticed and that speaks volumes about the game he had. Remember we had Johnathon Moss for a mid-week game not long ago and the less said about that the better.

Users who are viewing this thread