Player ratings (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Also come on ... I said to my old man today , keep an eye on sheaf he's had a decent start to the season... and in general he was really quite shite .

Poor in the challenges , loads of wayward passes , was looked after very well by fadz and salter in the first half , yea he was decent with the 5 yard stuff but in general struggled to link play with o hare or hamer

And o hare was generally shite too , made a couple of decent passes which we could have done more with but besides that not much else at all , ran alot

Come on now let the ratings reflect reality

Maatson was a bit gash too btw , was megged atleast 3 times in the first 30 minutes by the QPR wing back who had a bit of a field day against the lad

Salter had a solid game , lovely pass on him down the channels

Dabo had a solid battle with Sam, he generally came out ontop .

I'd like to see gyo cut inside a bit more, his general forward play is very impressive

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Goalscoring record over his career. Chance to goal conversion rate.

In lower leagues. He won't get those tap ins in this division.

Jamesimus

Also come on ... I said to my old man today , keep an eye on sheaf he's had a decent start to the season... and in general he was really quite shite .

Poor in the challenges , loads of wayward passes , was looked after very well by fadz and salter in the first half , yea he was decent with the 5 yard stuff but in general struggled to link play with o hare or hamer

And o hare was generally shite too .

Maatson was a bit gash too btw , was megged atleast 3 times in the first 30 minutes by the QPR wing back who had a bit of a field day against the lad

I'd like to see gyo cut inside a bit more, his general forward play is very impressive

I think I can forgive Maatsen getting rinsed numerous times in the first half because he spends most of the game level with the opposition goalkeeper.

Wish he could cross the ball though.

Evo1883

I think I can forgive Maatsen getting rinsed numerous times in the first half because he spends most of the game level with the opposition goalkeeper.

Wish he could cross the ball though.

I'm generally quite forgiving, he's played well of late , but QPRs wing back is a very talented lad and just had him over a barrel mostly

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

And o hare was generally shite too , made a couple of decent passes which we could have done more with but besides that not much else at all , ran alot

Think this is a bit harsh, Sheaf didn’t have his best game but he was everywhere. Made six tackles won six ground duels. Made 80% of his passes. Know it’s not all a stats game but felt he was perfectly fine today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Based on the 30+ games we've watched him play for us.

He doesn't hold the ball up, he doesnt run the channels, his link up play is pretty average, however he has proven he can finish when he gets a chance in the 18 yard box. He offers the least out of all our strikers in terms of general play, but he can finish. And his career record shows he has goals in him.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I think that's a fair analysis Stu.

It's always been my concern that it isn't enough on It's own in this division. I really want to see Gyökeres and Godden play together. Godden's finishing is decent and Gyökeres does all the donkey work without complaining.

skybluegod

The more I see the second goal the more I want to shake Hyam. It's so slow. It's not a complete howler but if he's just switched on, he heads it out for a corner and the danger is dealt with and you get set. He just seems to take an age to swing a boot at it and they pinch it from him.

Evo1883

Think this is a bit harsh, Sheaf didn’t have his best game but he was everywhere. Made six tackles won six ground duels. Made 80% of his passes. Know it’s not all a stats game but felt he was perfectly fine today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See this is where stats irk me .

His passing was poor linking up, was generally decent with his 5 yard stuff ..where he gets his 80%

We generally sat as opposed to the first 4 matches and countered so the tackles and duels are no surprise.

3 or 4 times truing to wrap his leg infront of the player to scoop the ball and failed .

Fortunately we were so solid with our shape we easily mopped it up

fernandopartridge

The more I see the second goal the more I want to shake Hyam. It's so slow. It's not a complete howler but if he's just switched on, he heads it out for a corner and the danger is dealt with and you get set. He just seems to take an age to swing a boot at it and they pinch it from him.
It's passive isn't it? He should be moving towards the ball when he the keeper palms it out not waiting for it. Then after that he gets turned inside out, Sheaf gets sucked to the ball a bit and their player is free to score an easy chance.

skybluegod

It's passive isn't it? He should be moving towards the ball when he the keeper palms it out not waiting for it. Then after that he gets turned inside out, Sheaf gets sucked to the ball a bit and their player is free to score an easy chance.

Exactly that. It's simple defending for this level for me really. You teach it to kids to move towards the ball not waiting for it. If that falls to fadz you know it's gone. Just frustrating.

pusbccfc

It’s fine if you don’t like him, just say that.

His record in the Championship is a goal every 300 mins. So just under 1 in 3.

Not that I don't like him, it's more that I've been very disappointed in him and once again today he looked poor.

robbiekeane

Moore - 7 - Can't really mark him down for the goals, some good saves.

McFadz - 6 - Weird free kick first half I think, overall good.

JCS - 6 - Much more assured.

Hyam - 5 - Got out fought on a few things possibly at fault for one of the goals.

Maatsen - 5 - Brave going forward, as in, he always seems to be the furthest player forwards. Not sure he does defending.

Dabo - 7 - Better than McCallum. Some of his crosses were shite.

Sheaf - 5 - Not great today. Untidy and ineffective long balls.

Hamer - 6 - Some decent use of the ball. Marginally better than Sheaf and some decent athletism. Should have went for the bottom corner first half.

COH - 5 - Not at the races today, particularly second half, maybe still feeling the effects of first half injury.

Gorky - 7 - An absolute unit. Great signing.

Waghorn - 6 - Best game I've seen him so far.

Allen - 5 - Ran around a lot. That attempted switch of play second half made me cringe.

Walker - 5 - Cut a frustrated figure with his body language.

Godden - 5 - Won some headers and tried to be a target man. Probably still a bit off the pace.

Robins - 6 - Went for an extreme change of the forward line. Didn't work. Sheaf at CB didn't work. Should have just made some new legs for JCS.

Ref - 7 - Let a lot go for both sides. Missed a few yellows, but he did for us. Best ref of the season so far.

QPR - 7 - Best team we've played so far. Thought Chair would be their best player. It was Willock and Johannsen. Dykes changed the game when he came on too.
Agree

procdoc

Moore 8 - commanded his area and made some cracking saves. Couldn’t do anything about either goal. He looks so assured
Fadz 6
Hyam 6
JCS 6
the back three were above average in general. I don’t think either goal was down to huge individual mistakes, even the second one. More of a collective mistake
Dabo 7 - he won the battle against McCallum in my opinion and tried to support when we hit them on the counter
Maatsen 5 - struggled to cope with their wing back defensively and his end product wasn’t very good. On the plus side he doesn’t go hiding and gets himself into some good positions in the final third so he will play much better than this.
Sheaf 6 - performance was below the high standards he’s recently set but he does at least try to play progressively, just not his day today
Hamer 6 - the endeavour was there but as per Sheaf his performance wasn’t at the standard he’d previously set himself. When he gets his corners on the money they should lead to a few goals
O’Hare 6 - was much quieter than usual but still very busy and tried to make things happen. I think they snuffed him out very well
Waghorn 7 - I think he played well and was a good link between midfield and attack. We missed him when he went off. Has a great first touch. Just needs a goal now for confidence.
Gyokeres 7 - another good performance and was a handful for arguably one of the best centre halves in the league in Rob Dickie. Good movement and really good at holding the ball up. I’m surprised we took him off but I’m no expert on fitness levels.

Subs all 5

fatso

Agreed, I really think Gyokeres is going to be an absolute beast for us, no one mention a Max anymore!

fatso

disagree gyo and Walker or godden

waghorn doesn’t fit IMO
Absolutely, there's no fucking way Waghorn should ever partner Gyoketes!!!!
They are in each others way too often.
I'm not sure Godden or Walker are the answer either. We need a pacy striker who can finish!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Absolutely, there's no fucking way Waghorn should ever partner Gyoketes!!!!
They are in each others way too often.
I'm not sure Godden or Walker are the answer either. We need a pacy striker who can finish!

In the eyes of Robins, Walker is potentially even fourth choice now. Worse problems to have mate.

Harry_Walker

Said it around the start of the calendar year that every time Walker plays he just doesn’t look interested in doing the hard work and that his body language is always awful, whenever he doesn’t receive the ball when asking for it he starts throwing his arms around like a 5 year old have a tantrum. Nice to see other fans finally realising it as well

robbiekeane

Said it around the start of the calendar year that every time Walker plays he just doesn’t look interested in doing the hard work and that his body language is always awful, whenever he doesn’t receive the ball when asking for it he starts throwing his arms around like a 5 year old have a tantrum. Nice to see other fans finally realising it as well
Neither did berbatov. Who cares - it’s just not his game. He’s the second best and should play with gyokeres.

Johhny Blue

So Hyam’s wrong not to go to the ball and Sheaf’s wrong to go to the ball. You’re going to get fence burn on your arse if you’re not careful

Garryb80

Not that I don't like him, it's more that I've been very disappointed in him and once again today he looked poor.
He was our top scorer last season. He has just come back from injury. Not sure what you don't like other than deciding he is shit from day one and not changing your mind to avoid having to admit you are wrong.

pusbccfc

He was our top scorer last season. He has just come back from injury. Not sure what you don't like other than deciding he is shit from day one and not changing your mind to avoid having to admit you are wrong.

I do like him.

What has he done to change my mind that he isn't quite good enough? He scored a goal or so more than Biamou.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Just isn't good enough.

shmmeee

Don’t get this at all. Taking yesterday I barely noticed Godden was on the pitch whereas Walker was chasing down, dropping back to help out and generally far more involved.

Users who are viewing this thread