Player ratings (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

Are they showing away games on ifollow this year? Genuine question how is everybody watching the match ?

Hobo

Subs cost us the game today, may have nicked it if Waghorn and Gyo stayed on

Poor decision from Robins

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Did you think that as he made the subs or just after the game? Because last week Godden came on and scored the winner?

clint van damme

Did you think that as he made the subs or just after the game? Because last week Godden came on and scored the winner?

The Gyo sub was baffling mate everyone could see it.
Robins is a perfect managerial fit for us but like all managers, he makes mistakes, and that's what happened yesterday.
Dust ourselves down and move on.

Hobo

Robins is a perfect managerial fit for us but like all managers, he makes mistakes, and that's what happened yesterday.

But subs are like that. Even though you are trying to influence the game they dont always work. It is actually hard to come on as a sub and get into the game - even with fresh legs.

The trouble is fans always say thing witg the benefit of hindsight. Managers are damned if they do or damned if they dont.

Robins took both strikers off because he felt both were tiring. Which seems a good reason. If the two coming on dont really get into the game - then that isnt down to thr manager. It is down to them.

But QPR were always going to be tough and losing there isn't the end of the world.

clint van damme

But subs are like that. Even though you are trying to influence the game they dont always work. It is actually hard to come on as a sub and get into the game - even with fresh legs.

The trouble is fans always say thing witg the benefit of hindsight. Managers are damned if they do or damned if they dont.

Robins took both strikers off because he felt both were tiring. Which seems a good reason. If the two coming on dont really get into the game - then that isnt down to thr manager. It is down to them.

But QPR were always going to be tough and losing there isn't the end of the world.

Don't disagree with that post, but yesterday he got it wrong, no drama for me, it happens, move on.

fatso

Agreed, I think this would of been the ideal game to bring a fit Kelly on at the expense of Waghorn.
Kelly would of sat in front of the back 3 and picked up the balls that were dropping there (like the first goal) unfortunately Kelly wasnt available, (obviously)

We should of shut up shop and settled for a point (easy with hindsight) but MR got greedy and went for the win.
It worked against Reading, but failed against QPR. Some you win, some you loose (quite literally)

But when was the last time we were brave enough to throw 2 strikers on in an away game to try and win it when the game was locked at 0-0 ?
We are definitely being more possitive this season, and it shows we arnt frightened of anyone.

skyblue1991

As he made the subs, Wag and Gyo were causing them problems so why take both off? Don't agree with taking two strikers off unless things really needed a shake up which they didn't

Londonccfcfan

Moore 8
Dabo....7.....had Sam in his pocket first half.
Hyam...6...thought he did well as he was the one dealing with Ilias Chair.
Mcfadz..7
JCS.........7......big improvement.
Maatsen..5
Sheaf......5
Ohare.....5
Hamer.....6.5....Should have scored. Overall a good game just no support from Sheaf and Ohare.
Waghorn..7...I have criticised him but his best game for us
Gyro.........8

Godden....5
Walker......5

Robins.......5

Waghorn and Gyro absolutely bullied their defence all afternoon untill the Substitutions by Robins changed the game.
We gotta be more ruthless when on top We were totally dominant first 30 mins and even the first 10 mins of 2nd half.

Plenty of positives....as many pundits including the opposition manager pointed out for us.

Austin/Chair/Pinnock were completely nullified first 65 mins.

Robins....5.....Poor Substitutions. All 3.

fatso

Moore 8
Dabo....7.....had Sam in his pocket first half.
Hyam...6...thought he did well as he was the one dealing with Ilias Chair.
Mcfadz..7
JCS.........7......big improvement.
Maatsen..5
Sheaf......5
Ohare.....5
Hamer.....6.5....Should have scored. Overall a good game just no support from Sheaf and Ohare.
Waghorn..7...I have criticised him but his best game for us
Gyro.........8

Godden....5
Walker......5

Robins.......5

Waghorn and Gyro absolutely bullied their defence all afternoon untill the Substitutions by Robins changed the game.
We gotta be more ruthless when on top We were totally dominant first 30 mins and even the first 10 mins of 2nd half.

Plenty of positives....as many pundits including the opposition manager pointed out for us.

Austin/Chair/Pinnock were completely nullified first 65 mins.

Robins....5.....Poor Substitutions. All 3.
Jcs went off due to cramp, I think he will be a good signing once upto speed.
Losing Gyokeres meant we struggled to get out of our half.
We needed to replace Waghorn with a kelly/Eccles to protect the back 3, but that option wasnt there.

Londonccfcfan

Jcs went off due to cramp, I think he will be a good signing once upto speed.
Losing Gyokeres meant we struggled to get out of our half.
We needed to replace Waghorn with a kelly/Eccles to protect the back 3, but that option wasnt there.
In hindsight. We were all shocked with the Substitutions when they happened. But to be fair to Robins the idea was good. I think the Substitutions from the other day vs Reading got to his head.

I love Godden. Give him a chance and he will put it away. But watching him with little or no service was like a schoolboy playing in mens football.he offered nothing.

I'm not sure how often Godden and Walker have played together (if at all)....but they were miles apart from eachother.

Users who are viewing this thread