Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

mark82

We will no doubt offer him something because he's cheap...
I still feel that the money can be used elsewhere

I think if we don't keep him we'd need Bremang or Tavares to be ready to step up to being 4th choice.

Evo1883

Surely they have to earn their place as 4th choice, through performances in the u23s and training?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Ofcourse, assuming though that's his natural path here into the first team squad

Sky Blue Harry H

But 9 times out of 10 he’s not good enough

If you levelled that at Baka, I'd agree with you, but to pretend Max doesn't perform 9 out of every 10 appearances is stretching it, even if you don't rate him.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

If you levelled that at Baka, I'd agree with you, but to pretend Max doesn't perform 9 out of every 10 appearances is stretching it, even if you don't rate him.
I’d go with that. Max is dreadful the majority of the time. He had one good game and people think that’s enough from him for a few months.

his goals are generally worldies that come out of nowhere. I always joke with my bro that every time max spoons one from 3 yards out that if it was 30 yards out it flies in.

the guy is passed his limit. The only reason he’s still at the club is because we couldn’t afford a decent third choice.

puts in a shift, but that doesn’t always translate to ability

DannyThomas_1981

I’d go with that. Max is dreadful the majority of the time. He had one good game and people think that’s enough from him for a few months.

his goals are generally worldies that come out of nowhere. I always joke with my bro that every time max spoons one from 3 yards out that if it was 30 yards out it flies in.

the guy is passed his limit. The only reason he’s still at the club is because we couldn’t afford a decent third choice.

puts in a shift, but that doesn’t always translate to ability

Comments like this frankly amaze me.

Max puts in a great performance after finally being paired with a strike partner against one of the top sides in this division (after leading the line on his own for weeks whilst carrying an injury) - and let the usual suspects still want to constantly criticise.

Just for once - have a day off and give the guy a break.

I'd hazard a guess that Robins knows more about what Max brings to the forward line than anyone on here and Matt Mills (another ex-pro) was raving about Max yesterday. But of course the usual experts on here know best as to what it takes.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Comments like this frankly amaze me.

Max puts in a great performance after finally being paired with a strike partner against one of the top sides in this division (after leading the line on his own for weeks whilst carrying an injury) - and let the usual suspects still want to constantly criticise.

Just for once - have a day off and give the guy a break.

I'd hazard a guess that Robins knows more about what Max brings to the forward line than anyone on here and Matt Mills (another ex-pro) was raving about Max yesterday. But of course the usual experts on here know best as to what it takes.
Oh don’t get me wrong - he was fantastic yesterday.

Robins tried to turf him off at the start of the season. He’s playing because it’s a toss up between him Bakayoko and Goyokeres, not a stellar line up.

He’s played 23 games this year (roughly) he’s had 2 good games. He has constantly missed easy chances. The amount of points he’s massively had a hand in is lower than the points he’s dropped us with missed sitters.

not knocking his game yesterday, but let’s see him put that performance in more consistently.... not in 12 games time

tommy hutch legend

Like they say, strikers don't take their chances the pressure is on the back line... Weve had plenty of opportunities to score goals and get results in the last few weeks and it's the lack of quality in and around the box that has really cost us.. . We scored in 4 of the last 12 games before today... The stats don't lie... We weren't without chances

He's scored 1 in his last 15 championship apearances, he's played over an hour in 10 of those
he has been playing with a slightly torn calf muscle a lot of players wouldn't even attempt that I take my hat off to him does Venrer at Chelsea take all his chances and he cost millions but still gets selected for what he brings to the team

KersleyDigs

Didn’t stand out ? He’s the reason we won the game 🤣
giphy.gif
Good turn and a good finish, but yeah, wasn't in the top 4 performers for me throughout the 90.

Gibbo

Just read the last couple of pages. I think some of you need to go and spend some time watching the highlights and pay attention.

Max had a great game yesterday and his involvement produced both our goals. He put pressure on their back line all game, winning corners and free kicks. Hit a cracking strike that could have been a worldy and all round earned his place. Can he be consistent? Is he better than Godden or walker? No but he is very effective and no surprse he played well when the whole team played well.

Walsh. Please drop it. A player who did well for us for a period in a lower league, couldn't get a game at his parent club in the championship.

We must try and keep Ostigard. I see him as replacement for Mc.Fazdean, who yesterday had a good game all round, marshalling the back well. his only faux pas was when that quick free kick gave that guy a little flick header in front of Wilson that he fluffed. Mc.Fazdean fell asleep there. watch on the replay.

Kelly showed why he is better than James. But he is injury prone so keeping James could be crucial.

Sheaf not done enough to try and keep.

Hamer my need a rest but his type of game is like no one else. Vital cog in our wheel.

Walker, gets fitter, gets better.

Robins. Finding his feet in this league better than when he went to Hudderfield. Still indecisive about his picks but that will change with more players back fit.
I would query the judgement of anyone who places greater value on Max (sell value <£250k) than Walsh (sell value well over £1m). After all the latter made probably the biggest single contribition to promotion by one player.

Colin Steins Smile

I would query the judgement of anyone who places greater value on Max (sell value <£250k) than Walsh (sell value well over £1m). After all the latter made probably the biggest single contribition to promotion by one player.
Does anyone know if/when Walsh will be fit again to play football. He's not played all season?

capel & collindridge

If you could ban the phrase "I like Max but" where would we be?
This got me singing along to Billy Connolly's heartfelt tribute to his "Wellies"... which leads inevitably to "in th'hospital or in't'firmiary"..

We don't want to go there!! We want a fit team for the rest of the season.

Gibbo

Does anyone know if/when Walsh will be fit again to play football. He's not played all season?

I believe they call Walsh 'sick note'. Doesn't take away from what he did for us, nor the respective commercial valuations of the two players - I was querying Pax's judgement if he thought Max more valuable a than a (fit) Walsh.

The loyalty to Max requires a) a suspension of disbelief b) putting this loyalty to him ahead of the need to stay in the Championship. He is one of a number of players in the squad who are clearly not good enough for mid-table Championship going forward - Hyam, Shipley, Allen, McFadz (age), Pask, Baka. The jury is out on Dacosta and Rose - too few games.

If, in the summer, we can't find better, even for the position of fourth choice striker (which is the best Max should hope for), then it says either we are even shorter of cash than we feared or Robins is not as hard headed as we need.

Colin Steins Smile

In respect to Walsh, I would welcome him back, but our medics must ensure he's fully fit with no long term adverse impact of whet seems a nasty injury.
ref. Max. I would retain him as a back up as he's not likely to cost too much, but think we would move to the next level with a new striker.

As for a number of the existing players, then it's clear we need to off-load a number. I'd retain Da Costa, but he worries me in terms of his defensive ability and hopefully our coaching staff can get that side of his game fixed. As for Rose, he's had a bad injury and I hope he can get back to his best again with a run of games.

Paxman II

Truly unbelievable. Where did I say that?
I put no value on either player. One plays in the championship while the other has not played in over a year, and that was league 1. He also could not get a game in his parent clubs championship side. Yet you think he is a 1m pound player? Max I don't care about his monetary value. he simply had a good game against Brentford. And as I said, would he be ahead of a fit walker or Godden -No.

Users who are viewing this thread