Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

O’Hare misses a sitter at 0-0 and a decent chance in the second half yet people are giving him 6’s and 7’s? Behave

He's head and shoulders above the rest.
Incredible work rate and the only with a bit off guile.
Second chance wasn't a sitter as the he was too close to the keeper, should have done better with the first.

clint van damme

Also gave the ball away for their opener.

as I pointed out at the time, though why Allen didn't go wide to Dacosta is a mystery.
Was still plenty of time to snuff out the danger after that but defensively we were poor again.

Otis

as I pointed out at the time, though why Allen didn't go wide to Dacosta is a mystery.
Was still plenty of time to snuff out the danger after that but defensively we were poor again.
We were in a great position there. Dacosta would have had a clear run into the box if we had played the obvious ball out wide.

Garryb80

Another point is ohare runs with the ball but mostly gives it away. Having energy isn't a reason to laud his performances

clint van damme

We were in a great position there. Dacosta would have had a clear run into the box if we had played the obvious ball out wide.

it's not a one off, we do it quite often.
Maybe it's a confidence thing, tr and play a simple short ball rather than spraying it wide?
O'Hare should still have done better don't get me wrong. As I've said in a couple of posts now the goals we're conceding aren't just individual errors, they're combinations of individual errors.

Otis

Another point is ohare runs with the ball but mostly gives it away. Having energy isn't a reason to laud his performances
These lovely little tippy tappy one twos are fab when they work. When they don't, we don't have the pace to win the ball back and the opposition are away with it.

clint van damme

I'm not just lauding him because of energy though he has more intent than anyone else in the team. He's our most creative player as well. With better strikers ahead of him his assists would rocket. I agree with everyone's assessment of his finishing, it's poor.
Come the end of the season there's only 3 players (not counting loanees) who'll have interest from Championship clubs, him, Dabo and Hamer.

Otis

it's not a one off, we do it quite often.
Maybe it's a confidence thing, tr and play a simple short ball rather than spraying it wide?
O'Hare should still have done better don't get me wrong. As I've said in a couple of posts now the goals we're conceding aren't just individual errors, they're combinations of individual errors.
Yup. I still believe we can stay up. But not if we keep gifting goals.

I wonder if there will ever be a highlights reel with Benny Hill music and all our terrible errors clipped together from this season.

If we had to guess, just how many horrendous errors do we think there have been? Not talking about the odd mistake. Talking about horror show ones.

clint van damme

I wonder if there will ever be a highlights reel with Benny Hill music and all our terrible errors clipped together from this season.

If we had to guess, just how many horrendous errors do we think there have been? Not talking about the odd mistake. Talking about horror show ones.

we've conceded 6 in the last 3 and of the top of my head I'd say at least 4 have been a combination of 2 or 3 errors combined.

steve101

You could add in all the penalty give aways; hitting the woodwork and glaring misses. We seem quite adept at somehow heading a very low cross over the bar!

shmmeee

Some odd ratings. Some clear anti-Biamou bias.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yeah. It’s not that he’s lazy, hides, spends all game on the fucking touchline, has the touch of a JCB and the finishing of a one legged orphan. It’s because people are mean.

Sorry, but he’s fucking useless. Just annoyingly useless. I spent half the game screaming at him to either move at all or get in the box instead of hiding on the wing.

I never want to see him up front again. I’d rather Baka.

clint van damme

Yeah. It’s not that he’s lazy, hides, spends all game on the fucking touchline, has the touch of a JCB and the finishing of a one legged orphan. It’s because people are mean.

Sorry, but he’s fucking useless. Just annoyingly useless. I spent half the game screaming at him to either move at all or get in the box instead of hiding on the wing.

I have to say I can't see any other reason he was out wide so much other than Robins told him to be. If he didn't and he took it upon himself to play winger then he should be dropped from the squad.
As for the laziness, he showed more intent in chasing down defenders than Walker did, (who's a much better player), he just hasn't got the instincts to be a footballer at this level.

covhead1

We were very poor last night and at half time I thought that the full time score was going to be a lot worse.

The only reason we could stay up is that there are 3 teams that are slightly worse than us. But it's a close call.

Garryb80

I'm not just lauding him because of energy though he has more intent than anyone else in the team. He's our most creative player as well. With better strikers ahead of him his assists would rocket. I agree with everyone's assessment of his finishing, it's poor.
Come the end of the season there's only 3 players (not counting loanees) who'll have interest from Championship clubs, him, Dabo and Hamer.
I dont agree. Ohare wouldn't get in most other championship sides

Otis

I have to say I can't see any other reason he was out wide so much other than Robins told him to be. If he didn't and he took it upon himself to play winger then he should be dropped from the squad.
As for the laziness, he showed more intent in chasing down defenders than Walker did, (who's a much better player), he just hasn't got the instincts to be a footballer at this level.

Baimou is certainly not lazy. He tries his best, but is not of Championship standard unfortunately. I do think he has a part to okay this season, but mainly because he's all we've got.

I will never knock his effort and I do quite like him, but the Championship is a step too far I fear.

Otis

We were very poor last night and at half time I thought that the full time score was going to be a lot worse.

The only reason we could stay up is that there are 3 teams that are slightly worse than us. But it's a close call.
But we knew that at the start of the season didn't we. It was all about survival, so yes indeed, we need three teams to be worse than us, or us be better than them. Same thing.

Sky Blue Pete

Looked like relegation material all over in that first half debacle. Regained some respect and hope in the second.

Wilson 5 (handling was atrocious. Made up somewhat with 2 good saves)
Dacosta 4 (excellent cross should have been buried. Otherwise looked very vulnerable defensively. Very lucky not to have been given a second yellow with a petulant foul)
Shipley 6 (fair play to him for playing out of position and not looking lost. Caught out a couple of times but made some important challenges and Pask should have put away his cross)
Rose 5 (not at the races. Hospital pass to Fadz which lead to 2nd goal)
Fadz 5 (super slow for first and then dreadful error for second. Improved second half)
Hyam 6 (showed lack of pace for first. Played well second half)
Allen 5 (didn't do anything majorly wrong but hardly touched the ball)
James 6 (unusually lost the ball too many times)
Hamer 7 (mix of good and bad passing but looked most likely to score with 2 decent efforts)
O'Hare 6 (giving ball cheaply away led to their goal and should have opened the scoring with close range header, but credit to him he kept going and probing)
Walker 5 (was never going to work having one up front severely lacking match fitness)

Biamou 7 (won the ball high up the pitch, held it up and brought players into play, including creating a couple of chances. Shame about the air shot)
Ostigard 7 (looked twice as sharp as any of the other CBs. Proved why he should be the last of them dropped)
Pask 7 (solid performance. One nice cross into the box. Great positioning for header from Shipley cross but should have buried it)
Gyokeres 7 (showed strength and a willingness to run at them and take the shot on)
Kelly na (great to see him back on the pitch)

Robins - got tactics and personnal wrong imo but at least he changed it at half time.
Hospital pass!!!
Serious nonsense. He had time to control it and take three more touches before being robbed.

Brighton Sky Blue

He managed to give away a foul taking a shot. That’s where we’re at.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Hospital pass!!!
Serious nonsense. He had time to control it and take three more touches before being robbed.
You are quite right, Rose comes under pressure and the only real pass is to McFadzean. After playing the the pass he has immediately indicated 'Get rid' basically. All McFadzean has to do is play a long ball forward, as his defensive partner has instructed him to do, and instead he takes two touches and is easily robbed. It's shocking. Having watched the highlights back, he's also quite lucky that Cantwell doesn't go down when he takes a tug at his shirt when Pukki broke through and squared it behind Cantwell. Would have been another certain red.

1613638923762.png

ccfcricoh

He's head and shoulders above the rest.
Incredible work rate and the only with a bit off guile.
Second chance wasn't a sitter as the he was too close to the keeper, should have done better with the first.
Agree with points 2 and 3

I dont agree hes head and shoulders above everyone else, he's not a patch on Hamer. Too wasteful, no end product, too lightweight, but agree he runs around a lot!

One up top with O'Hare behind is never going to have us score enough goals to stay up I fear.

clint van damme

Agree with points 2 and 3

I dont agree hes head and shoulders above everyone else, he's not a patch on Hamer. Too wasteful, no end product, too lightweight, but agree he runs around a lot!

One up top with O'Hare behind is never going to have us score enough goals to stay up I fear.

He would thrive in a better team. You're right regarding Hamer, he's not head and shoulders above him granted.
Hamer would also thrive in a better team.

ccfcricoh

He would thrive in a better team. You're right regarding Hamer, he's not head and shoulders above him granted.
Hamer would also thrive in a better team.
They certainly would.

However bad it seems i cant help but think were only a couple of players away from being comfortably safe in this league. Another solid CB, a striker and our injured players back and we're mid table

steve101

Hospital pass!!!
He didn't have time to take 3 touches. As I put in my review Fadz was at fault, but Rose didn't need to put him in the position he was put in, especially on a pitch that meant miscontrolling the ball or slipping was always likely.

Sky Blue Pete

He didn't have time to take 3 touches. As I put in my review Fadz was at fault, but Rose didn't need to put him in the position he was put in, especially on a pitch that meant miscontrolling the ball or slipping was always likely.
He just needed to roll it back to Wilson

Frostie

You are quite right, Rose comes under pressure and the only real pass is to McFadzean. After playing the the pass he has immediately indicated 'Get rid' basically. All McFadzean has to do is play a long ball forward, as his defensive partner has instructed him to do, and instead he takes two touches and is easily robbed. It's shocking. Having watched the highlights back, he's also quite lucky that Cantwell doesn't go down when he takes a tug at his shirt when Pukki broke through and squared it behind Cantwell. Would have been another certain red.

View attachment 18748

That still is a bit misleading. As you can see on the one below from a second earlier, Rose had plenty of time & was instructed to play back to Wilson by McFadzean. Instead he dallied & then returned it to McFadz who clearly wasn't expecting it & had to stretch to recover.

Yes, he still had enough time to deal with it though & should have done better. Piss poor from both of them.

The fact Robins hooked Rose at H-T & his subsequent comments lead me to think he has Rose marked as one of those playing his way out of the team.

Screenshot_20210218-162632~2.png

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

That still is a bit misleading. As you can see on the one below from a second earlier, Rose had plenty of time & was instructed to play back to Wilson by McFadzean. Instead he dallied & then returned it to McFadz who clearly wasn't expecting it & had to stretch to recover.

Yes, he still had enough time to deal with it though & should have done better. Piss poor from both of them.

The fact Robins hooked Rose at H-T & his subsequent comments lead me to think he has Rose marked as one of those playing his way out of the team.

View attachment 18754
Yeah that's entirely fair, still think calling it a 'hospital ball' is way off the mark and McFadzean should have dealt with it comfortably. That said, Rose has clearly contributed to the situation that got them there in the first place

Users who are viewing this thread