Hamer - 6
Allen - 5
O’Hare - 7
Walker - 6
Biamou - 4
Györkeres- 6
Pask - 6
Kelly - 6
I would agree with most of that, but would give Biamou a 5 rather than a 6. Didn't think he was bad, just anonymous.

I would give Shipley 6 too. He did alright.

Blind-Faith

Wilson - 6
Rose - 6 I’d be annoyed if I was him, only CB not to give a goal away and gets subbed
McFadz - 4
Hyam - 4
Dacosta - 6 love watching him go forward , gives me nightmares watching him defend
Shipley - 6 I’ve been his biggest critic this season, and while he wasnt fantastic tonight, considering he was out of position I thought he did ok
James - 5
Hamer - 6
Allen - 5
O’Hare - 7
Walker - 6

Biamou - 6
Pask - 6
Leo - 6

Otis

What? He gave the ball every time he got it, the same as the rest
His passing was poor at times, but his defending was pretty good. Before the game people on here were say Max Aarons was going to tear Shipley a new one. Didn't happen..

rob9872

Tonight was not season defining against opposition who mostly played premier league last season and are top of our league for a reason. We finished with 4 players who were regulars in league 2 for us.

Well beaten, individual errors bit some ha5sh scoring. O'hare should have scored but other than that he was everywhere and our stand out player. I thought James and the full backs both reasonable but dacosta right to be protected as cant afford a full game missing. All the subs did ok and good to see minutes in the legs of Walker and Kelly.

Sick Boy

Wilson 5
DaCosta 5
Rose 4
McFadzean 5
Hyam 4
Shipley 5
James 5
Hamer 5
Allen 5
O’Hare 6
Walker 5

Biamou 5
Ostigard 6
Pask 6
Gyokeres 6

Jamesimus

Wilson - 5 - one good save, a few good flaps. Loved kicking it straight back to Krul, they must be pals.

Hyam - 4 - slow and shite.

McFadz - 3 - slower and shite.

Rose - 4 - pick the most under pressure player and pass it to him. Shite.

Shipley - 5 - actually okay defensively and when not giving the ball away got in some decent interceptions / blocks.

Dacosta - 4 - shite.

Ostigard - 6 - felt safer with him on. Looked determined bringing the ball out of defence.

Pask - 5 - Did okay when he came on.

Hamer - 3 - Shite. Passing to thin air and then getting annoyed at himself.

James - 4 - Sometimes okay on the ball but looked particularly immobile today. Just what you want against Norwich.

O Hare - 6 - Some decent attempts at an assist, but unfortunately who should he pass it to that might score for us?

Walker - 5 - Looked okay. If offsides were goals we'd have won. Intelligent play to not get fouled, but fall over so their player gets a yellow - that's how we stay in this league.

Allen - 4 - Can barely remember him being on the pitch. Thought he was a ballboy at one point. Maybe he was? Shite.

Gorky - 6 - Looked strong when he came on.

Biamou - 4 - Shite.

Kelly - no rating. Didn't score a hatrick when we needed him to most.

Robins - 4 - Shite. Dropped Osti because he made mistakes against Cardiff, but other than that he's probably our best defender.

Norwich - 8 - Probably the best Championship team I've seen this season and we were outclassed. Play good football, better than Brentford and not shithouses like Bournemouth.

Ref - 10 - Didn't give them what looked like a pen, didn't send off Dacosta, didn't book Hamer (I don't think?), a free kick for us and a yellow for them when Walker fell over.

Harry_Walker

Wilson- stick him in an intensive care unit and he’d struggle to catch Covid
Rose + Hyam + Fadz- defenders who didn’t defend
Dacosta- cross merchant
Shipley- typical performance, didn’t stop trying just unfortunately not good enough
Allen- absolute dog shite
Hamer + James- didn’t seem interested until it was too late
O’Hare- plenty of effort but you can’t polish a turd
Walker- lazy and petulant

Biamou- plenty of running but no quality
Ostigard- meh
Pask- non league player
Gyokeres- can see why Swansea got rid
Kelly- good to have him back

not ratings but oh well

steve101

Looked like relegation material all over in that first half debacle. Regained some respect and hope in the second.

Wilson 5 (handling was atrocious. Made up somewhat with 2 good saves)
Dacosta 4 (excellent cross should have been buried. Otherwise looked very vulnerable defensively. Very lucky not to have been given a second yellow with a petulant foul)
Shipley 6 (fair play to him for playing out of position and not looking lost. Caught out a couple of times but made some important challenges and Pask should have put away his cross)
Rose 5 (not at the races. Hospital pass to Fadz which lead to 2nd goal)
Fadz 5 (super slow for first and then dreadful error for second. Improved second half)
Hyam 6 (showed lack of pace for first. Played well second half)
Allen 5 (didn't do anything majorly wrong but hardly touched the ball)
James 6 (unusually lost the ball too many times)
Hamer 7 (mix of good and bad passing but looked most likely to score with 2 decent efforts)
O'Hare 6 (giving ball cheaply away led to their goal and should have opened the scoring with close range header, but credit to him he kept going and probing)
Walker 5 (was never going to work having one up front severely lacking match fitness)

Biamou 7 (won the ball high up the pitch, held it up and brought players into play, including creating a couple of chances. Shame about the air shot)
Ostigard 7 (looked twice as sharp as any of the other CBs. Proved why he should be the last of them dropped)
Pask 7 (solid performance. One nice cross into the box. Great positioning for header from Shipley cross but should have buried it)
Gyokeres 7 (showed strength and a willingness to run at them and take the shot on)
Kelly na (great to see him back on the pitch)

Robins - got tactics and personnal wrong imo but at least he changed it at half time.

speedie87

Wilson 4 piss poor handling
Dacosta 5 1 good cross, ignored when lost ball for 1st goal
Rose 6
Mcfadzean 5 too slow
Hyam 4 even slower and he’s not even old
Shipley 4 fitness is embarrassing
Hamer 5 awful first half why isn’t he on corners ahead of james
James 6
Allen 5 what’s the point of him playing
Ohare 6
Walker 6 some good movement

Pask 7
Ostigard 7
Biamou 6

stevefloyd

I thought Shipley done ok he just pissed me off on at least 2 occasions when we were defending he just dawdled back at 1 point just walking. James not good today against Cantwell who looked very classy and Hamer too not good.. Walker very lazy keep getting caught offside Pask come on and looked decent, altogether a better 2nd half again deciding to play after the game has gone...enough said about the keystone cops at the back

The Philosopher

Wilson 5

Caught COVID the other week. Couldn’t catch FA this week. Some poor distribution that put us under undue pressure and undermined confidence.

DaCosta 5

Drifted infield far too often on defensive duty. Some strange pass selections. Dabo he ain’t.

Rose 5

Had a torrid time. I don’t think he’s had to play against a quality forward line before very often. Put it down as a learning curve.

McFadzean 4

WTF was he doing for their second goal. If we went in at half time 1 down then things may have been different.

Hyam 5

Same as Rose

Shipley 5

One or two bits of okayness, but didn’t track back quickly enough and got caught out of position.

James 7

I’ve seen some bad marks for him on here. I thought he did ok - looked assured and popped up all over the pitch.

Hamer 6

Not a vintage performance but not terrible. Seems to have relinquished some set piece delivery duty, perhaps the strategy is that he might pick up the second phase and lash a loose ball in. Fair enough. But having James on corners and free kicks takes away a bit of physicality and the ability to track back. If Gus us off set pieces the why not give to a smaller attacker like COH or Allen who don’t need to be in the box or track back? Baffling.

Allen 4

Does he train at Ryton? Seems to be on a different wavelength than the rest of his teammates. Example - first goal - on the attack, he runs in a random direction, they get the ball, they score. Watch it back. He’s not this level.

O’Hare 6

Incredible energy and guile. Got a feeling that he’ll only hit the net if he takes up tennis. Bless.

Walker 5

He’s one of those players who might be lethal if front of goal but his link up play and passing vision is limited.
—-
Biamou 6

We showed more threat and energy with him in the pitch.

Ostigard 6

Better than whoever he came on for.

Pask 6

Ok

Gyokeres 7

Actually quite good. Got stuck in. Showed some heart.

stevefloyd

Somehow Robins has to knock the stupid mistakes out of them, how many times did we get caught out with a long ball, albeit a quality defence splitting long ball, playing too high a line for our slow defence ! But if we play too deep it drags the midfield back and isolates our already isolated 'strikers' !!

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Shoutout to the ref tonight too...I thought he done well

While I agree it worked well for us, I don’t think a neutral would say the same. In first viewing it looked a pen and Dacosta should have been sent off. Imagine this forum would be calling for his head had those decisions been the other way round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve101

While I agree it worked well for us, I don’t think a neutral would say the same. In first viewing it looked a pen and Dacosta should have been sent off. Imagine this forum would be calling for his head had those decisions been the other way round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True

larry_david

Don't get the Gyo love in on the match thread. He's so slow in this decision making its scary. Why on earth we went for another 6ft + centre forward with no pace I don't know.

Walker, max, Gyo are all various different levels of the same player. We don't have one player who frightens defences

stupot07

Don't get the Gyo love in on the match thread. He's so slow in this decision making its scary. Why on earth we went for another 6ft + centre forward with no pace I don't know.

Walker, max, Gyo are all various different levels of the same player. We don't have one player who frightens defences
We only had 1 player with genuine pace, and he got recalled because he wasn't playing.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread