Player ratings (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

He has a point, Kelly definitely worthy of more than 6, fantastic performance as usual, the ban thing though... Lol

DannyThomas_1981

Agree with most of the above.

Very interesting as always to see the posters who had a collective break-down this time last week - missing in action as always after a good victory. They'll unfortunately be back at various times this season.

Really impressed by the ball playing skills of our GK and all 4 defenders. Say it quietly I actually prefer Dabo over Sterling from what I have seen. McFaz brilliant signing and the defensive leader we've needed for years. Rose was caught out once today but he played a breathtaking diagonal ball second half - absolute class. Mason playing with real confidence. Love Marosi's confidence on the ball but just a question mark over his ability to dominate the box when crosses are pinged in.

Kelly simply the best defensive midfielder in the league. Just brilliant and influential in every game. Shipley doesn't look out of place in a 4-3-3 although technically he's not 10 bags Bayliss. On saying that Shipley times his runs forward brilliantly - and at this point of his career he's a much bigger goal threat than 10 bags. Westbrooke tidy but I can't wait to see what Allen will bring to this team.

I would like to see a front 3 of Jobello - Godden - Kastaneer. Godden is showing the rest of our forwards how to properly lead a line - I was a bit suspect about Godden as he seemed not to be our first choice and I was fearing another Kevin Kyle scenario. But he's a class forward. Having Jobello and Kastaneer operating together would make us an absolute nightmare to defend against on the break.

east_midlands_skyblue

Marosi 7 - Good passing but one dodgy moment on cross. Not sure what happened there.

Mason 9 - Looking really accomplished this season. Can see him getting a move if we're not promoted if he keeps this up all year.

Rose 7 - Tidy enough and not really challenged.

Mcfadzean 8 - Stood up well and won some good challenges. Better distribution today.

Dabo 10 - Thought he was immense today. Best full back performance I've seen from one of our players in years.

Kelly - 8. Excellent performance, makes us tick.

Shipley - 7. Good finish but needs to be more consistent with the basics.

Westbrook - 6. A bit anonymous. Not a starter for me when Allen returns.

Jobello 8 - Positive performance, looked to affect the game whenever he got the ball. Delivery needs work.

Godden 7 - Worked hard, definitely an upgrade on other strikers but didn't look like scoring today.

Hiwula 7 - Needs to take chances more routinely, but had the beating of his man.

Baka - 6. Not sure who he was crossing to when he went through on goal.

Kastaneer - 7. Great goal, looks a talent. Hope to see a full game from him soon.

Eccles - N/A. Not sure he had a touch!

DannyThomas_1981

Dabo shit.
Shipley shit.
Kasteneer shit.
Everyone was shit.
We were lucky not to lose even though they never had a shot on target.

And the worst thing is some would try to agree with this.

The only thing Astute I would say is that the usual suspects who would agree with this and look forward to going mental over a draw/loss - are at this very moment in very deep depression as we've won and had a decent start to the season. I have no doubt that some posters (thankfully a minority) prefer us to lose so they can slate the team on forums and on the radio. Most don't even go to games.

covcity4life

Agree with most of the above.

Very interesting as always to see the posters who had a collective break-down this time last week - missing in action as always after a good victory. They'll unfortunately be back at various times this season.

Really impressed by the ball playing skills of our GK and all 4 defenders. Say it quietly I actually prefer Dabo over Sterling from what I have seen. McFaz brilliant signing and the defensive leader we've needed for years. Rose was caught out once today but he played a breathtaking diagonal ball second half - absolute class. Mason playing with real confidence. Love Marosi's confidence on the ball but just a question mark over his ability to dominate the box when crosses are pinged in.

Kelly simply the best defensive midfielder in the league. Just brilliant and influential in every game. Shipley doesn't look out of place in a 4-3-3 although technically he's not 10 bags Bayliss. On saying that Shipley times his runs forward brilliantly - and at this point of his career he's a much bigger goal threat than 10 bags. Westbrooke tidy but I can't wait to see what Allen will bring to this team.

I would like to see a front 3 of Jobello - Godden - Kastaneer. Godden is showing the rest of our forwards how to properly lead a line - I was a bit suspect about Godden as he seemed not to be our first choice and I was fearing another Kevin Kyle scenario. But he's a class forward. Having Jobello and Kastaneer operating together would make us an absolute nightmare to defend against on the break.
And rhen bring on hiwulla and jones to decinate tirwd defences

Or vice versa of course

torchomatic

It's good isn't it. Would like to go back one day.

How much do they focus on Fantastic Beasts there?

They dont at all. Nothing from that.

It was really good, much better than I thought. My son is Harry Potter mad.

Skybluefaz

Marosi 6 - good on the deck, questionable on crosses. Protected really well

Mason 7 - particularly good link up in the first half with Hiwula. Does seem to be on a constant upward curve the more games he gets

Rose 8 - pinging delightful balls out to Dabo for fun, defended well

McFadzean 8 - brilliant leadership from the back, played his part in playing the ball around nicely at the back

Dabo 9 - fantastic, really put in a full back performance that surpassed anything Sterling did last season. Which is incredible.

Kelly 8 - won the battle against Ogogo, he's so important to us.

Westbrooke 6 - ok, at times looked like he'd break out from midfield, will come out of the team for Allen

Shipley 7 - some really great moments on the ball, still want to see him impose himself more on the game. Scored a good goal at an important time.

Hiwula 6 - needs to affect things more when he's not scoring. Got to the byline once or twice, want to see that more

Jobello 7 - put some great balls into the box, deserved more than one assist. Still feel like he's got more gears to go up through.

Godden 7 - unfortunate not to score, won free kicks. Made things happen. Good technical play on the ball.

Kastaneer 7 - what a hit son

lifeskyblue

Marosi had one ‘burge’ moment but otherwise solid. Good distribution.
Back four excellent; all good in possession and calm. Mcfadzean immense in talking to those around him. Both full backs attacked and defended with flair.
Kelley...superb in middle; always in the right place at right time.
Shipley and Westbrook quiet but again doing the right things in the main.
Hiwula a few good runs but not firing yet. Godden showed good movement and when fully fit will be an asset. Jobello some fantastic crosses but needs to work a little harder at times.

Kastaneer took his goal superbly. Baka should have got his head on that cross. Eccles couldn’t judge

Overall a good all round performance against a poor side booed by their fans at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skybluefaz

Marisa had one ‘burge’ moment but otherwise solid. Good distribution.
Back four excellent; all good in possession and calm. Mcfadzean immense in talking to those around him. Both full backs attacked and defended with flair.
Kelley...superb in middle; always in the right place at right time.
Shipley and Westbrook quiet but again doing the right things in the main.
Hiwula a few good runs but not firing yet. Godden showed good movement and when fully fit will be an asset. Jobello some fantastic crosses but needs to work a little harder at times.

Kastaneer took his goal superbly. Baka should have got his head on that cross. Eccles couldn’t judge

Overall a good all round performance against a poor side booed by their fans at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They did seem to get well stuck in to them at the end, some Rovers fans were making their way to the front of the stand to give their players shit as they went down the tunnel. What were they expecting?

clint van damme

It's great that we can have genuine debate about Mom. For me it was Dabo but can understand the other choices.

What I would say is we have a team that can leave a foot in and can mix it up a bit more than last season
Time will tell if that is correct but I'll be amazed if we struggle this season,
I expect us to be top end of the table and would still predict 8th place

rob9872

A real solid performance all round. Nothing ott, nothing poor, probaly all 7s
Motm - the whole team

speedie87

Marosi 7 decent kicking one flap, and one corner got caught under ball
Dabo 9 great stuff
McFadz 8 solid as
Rose 7
Mason 8
Westbrooke 7
Kelly 9 motm