Player ratings vs Middlesbrough (H) (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Wilson 7
Doyle 6
McFadzean 6
Panzo 6
Dabo 6
Bidwell 6
Sheaf 5
Allen 6
Palmer 6
Godden 5
Gyokeres 8

Subs
Waghorn 6
Eccles 6

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SheafIsGod

Wilson 5 - nothing to do
Doyle 7 - brilliant performance
McFadzean 5
Panzo 4
Dabo 4
Bidwell 6
Sheaf 9 - different gravy
Allen 3 - League Two player
Palmer 8 - much needed improvement on O’Hare
Godden 1 - passenger
Gyokeres 5 - marked up for the goal, although it was a poor finish if we’re being honest

Subs
Waghorn 3 - get rid
Eccles 2 - lol

robbiethemole

Steve Martin - Ref 2. Comedian by name, this bloke was fucking atrocious, along side his shit Lino on Tesco side, neither of them called the numerous fouls and the one where there defender tripped himself up then gave them the decision was a fucking joke.
What are the rules on a drop ball now? Cos I think he was totally wrong giving their keeper the ball after the free kick that felled Crooks, surely we should have had it in our half.

Saddlebrains

Wilson 7
Dabo 7
Doyle 8
McFadzean 8
Panzo 8
Bidwell 8
Sheaf 8
Allen 8
Palmer 9
Godden 5
Gyokeres 8

Eccles 6
Waghorn 6

Huge 3 points.

Palmer is a player just got to keep him fit. Love to see him and Callum off Gyok

Allen is much better deeper

Doyle and Panzo are very good defenders, Gyok was the gyok of last year

Bidwell again, brill

Happy

shmmeee

Wilson - 6: as soon as I was about to turn to my dad and say how solidness was looking he did something dodgy (I forget exactly what). Solid enough, but still has a bit of mental in him that worries me. Some good game management today though.

Doyle - 7: Like him a lot. Looks more confident and not as out of place as I’d think on the right. Can see he’s got a future ahead of him.

Fadz - 7: Good Fadz. Cleaned up, marshalled the defence well, threw himself at everything. Absolutely vital with the two inexperienced players alongside him.

Panzo - 7: The odd mistake like the others but excellent on the ball and showed some really nice foresight and controlled clearances. Is improving his awareness which was a worry early on.

Dabo - 7: Was better, got an assist, but still some horrific final balls. Will play a lot worse.

Allen - 7: One of his better games. Far less effective when Eccles came on but looked much better at CM than AM. Quality ball out to Dabo that TBH I doubted he had in him.

Sheaf - 5: Poor. Gave the ball away a couple of times, not as effective in the tackle, looked more like Sheaf of early last season. Hope it’s just a blip as he’s had a good season.

Bidwell - 8 (MOTM): Solid defensively, puts a good ball in, takes the piss with where we take throw ins from. A good solid experienced Championship player. Looks completely different from last season.

Palmer - 7: Closed down really well, holds and uses the ball well, really should have had two goals today though. Everyone knows you aim right from that distance, hasn’t he been watching Kick For Cash?

Godden - 6: Anonymous mostly, too slow to make an impact and only really useful when you’re dominating the ball like first half. Would’ve put Tavares on as Middlesbrough started playing very high second half.

Gyokeres - 8: Well taken goal, got absolutely nothing from the ref despite seemingly having been entered in a wrestling match rather than football. Can be selfish at times, but so are all good strikers.

Eccles - 6: Barely noticed he was playing TBH.

Waghorn - 6: Ran about well enough.

Greggs

Wilson 7
Doyle 8
McFadzean 7
Panzo 6
Dabo 7
Bidwell 7
Sheaf 7
Allen 6
Palmer 7
Godden 6
Gyokeres 9

SheafIsGod

Wilson - 6: as soon as I was about to turn to my dad and say how solidness was looking he did something dodgy (I forget exactly what). Solid enough, but still has a bit of mental in him that worries me. Some good game management today though.

Doyle - 7: Like him a lot. Looks more confident and not as out of place as I’d think on the right. Can see he’s got a future ahead of him.

Fadz - 7: Good Fadz. Cleaned up, marshalled the defence well, threw himself at everything. Absolutely vital with the two inexperienced players alongside him.

Panzo - 7: The odd mistake like the others but excellent on the ball and showed some really nice foresight and controlled clearances. Is improving his awareness which was a worry early on.

Dabo - 7: Was better, got an assist, but still some horrific final balls. Will play a lot worse.

Allen - 7: One of his better games. Far less effective when Eccles came on but looked much better at CM than AM. Quality ball out to Dabo that TBH I doubted he had in him.

Sheaf - 5: Poor. Gave the ball away a couple of times, not as effective in the tackle, looked more like Sheaf of early last season. Hope it’s just a blip as he’s had a good season.

Bidwell - 8 (MOTM): Solid defensively, puts a good ball in, takes the piss with where we take throw ins from. A good solid experienced Championship player. Looks completely different from last season.

Palmer - 7: Closed down really well, holds and uses the ball well, really should have had two goals today though. Everyone knows you aim right from that distance, hasn’t he been watching Kick For Cash?

Godden - 6: Anonymous mostly, too slow to make an impact and only really useful when you’re dominating the ball like first half. Would’ve put Tavares on as Middlesbrough started playing very high second half.

Gyokeres - 8: Well taken goal, got absolutely nothing from the ref despite seemingly having been entered in a wrestling match rather than football. Can be selfish at times, but so are all good strikers.

Eccles - 6: Barely noticed he was playing TBH.

Waghorn - 6: Ran about well enough.
Why have you given an “anonymous” player a 6? You think Godden’s was an above average performance today? What does someone need to do to get a 1, 2 or 3 rating?

Greggs

Why have you given an “anonymous” player a 6? You think Godden’s was an above average performance today? What does someone need to do to get a 1, 2 or 3 rating?
to be fair he worked very hard and won most of his aerial duels against a much taller defender.

Frostie

Steve Martin - Ref 2. Comedian by name, this bloke was fucking atrocious, along side his shit Lino on Tesco side, neither of them called the numerous fouls and the one where there defender tripped himself up then gave them the decision was a fucking joke.
What are the rules on a drop ball now? Cos I think he was totally wrong giving their keeper the ball after the free kick that felled Crooks, surely we should have had it in our half.

Agree on his performance as a whole, the Palmer foul that led to his booking was ridiculous.
As absurd as it seems, the drop ball might have actually been correct though. Technically, if the last touch was in the area when play was stopped then it's given to the keeper. That said I thought Panzo had touched it before play was stopped but not certain.

Last edited:

Blind-Faith

Wilson 7
Dabo 7
Doyle 7
McFadzean 7
Panzo 6
Bidwell 7
Sheaf 7
Allen 7
Palmer 7
Godden 6
Gyokeres 8

Just a good all round solid team performance, no one bar VIK had an absolute blinder but no one had an absolute stinker. A fantastic 3 points 👍

Hertsccfc

Wilson 6
Dabo 6
Doyle 7
McFadzean 6
Panzo 6
Bidwell 7
Sheaf 5
Allen 6
Palmer 7
Godden 5
Gyokeres 8

Eccles 6
Agree with those marks except i would give Allen a 7. Possibly even a 7 for Eccles who i thought played really intelligently for the short time he was on and covered for Dabo well. Sensible substitution at the time.

What has happened to Sheaf? Hardly involved today and seemed weak in the tackle.

rob9872

Lots of good performances today. I said at the time Rose got injured it could be a blessing, despite his pace, he does make mistakes. 2 and a half games later with zero conceded, Panzo looking a massive upgrade and Doyle getting more comfortable in Rose's position even being left footed.

I rarely give 10s in ratings but I thought Viks all round play today was immense. Better officiating and he'd have had more 1 on 1s. Absolutely bullied their back line. So lucky to have him still, make the most until January I guess.

Forget the table, unbeaten in 3, consecutive clean sheets, onwards and upwards!

rob9872

Agree with those marks except i would give Allen a 7. Possibly even a 7 for Eccles who i thought played really intelligently for the short time he was on and covered for Dabo well. Sensible substitution at the time.

What has happened to Sheaf? Hardly involved today and seemed weak in the tackle.
It was sensible and I'm not a huge Kelly fan, but looking forward to his return too as I'd have loved him on for the last 10 mins to steady the ship

AOM

Was it when he tried to kick it out and the ball nearly spinned over himself and he then headed it out for a throw in haha?
Saw McFadzean cracking up at that too

Thought he was pretty steady aside from that today

D

Deleted member 2477

Wilson 7 Solid, no mistakes couple of saves when it counted
Dabo 6 decent going forward but lost his man a few times especially when Gilles came on
Doyle 7 good never looked fazed
McFadzean 7 lead the back line like a caprtain
Panzo 6 a few stray balls and looked vulnerable to balls over the top but did ok
Bidwell 8 starting to prove the doubters wrong and another solid defensive display
Sheaf 6 quiet game for him by his standards
Allen 7 as usual very busy and breaks up play but lacking in the final third
Palmer 8 good display and really got stuck in With some good balls. Missed a sitter though
Godden 7 didnt score but created space for Vic and never stopped both attack and defensively
Gyokeres 9 was a handful all game and took his goal well. Little greedy at times

Hobo

We rode our luck a couple of times (all good teams do).
You could dwell on several individual errors.

But we got the job done and got three points. No one had a bad game and we looked like a team.

I enjoyed the game.

rob9872

Was it when he tried to kick it out and the ball nearly spinned over himself and he then headed it out for a throw in haha?
Saw McFadzean cracking up at that too

Thought he was pretty steady aside from that today
That was a bit dodgy, but I loved his late on shithousing. So many times others do it to us, a refreshing change.

Brighton Sky Blue

Wilson 6
Dabo 7
Doyle 8
McF 8
Panzo 7
Bidwell 7
Allen 7
Sheaf 7
Palmer 7
Gyo 9 MOTM Keep him till the summer, we stay in the league

Subs
Eccles 6
Waghorn 6

Londonccfcfan

Wilson 7
Dabo 7
Doyle 8
McFadzean 8
Panzo 8
Bidwell 8
Sheaf 8
Allen 8
Palmer 9
Godden 5
Gyokeres 8

Eccles 6
Waghorn 6

Huge 3 points.

Palmer is a player just got to keep him fit. Love to see him and Callum off Gyok

Bidwell again, brill

Happy

Spot on Ratings and Synopsis.

SAJ

Depends if someone touched the ball after Crooks was hit. If no one touched it then Martin was right. If someone else touched it after the ball hit Crooks then the drop ball should have been to us where the ball was last touched.

Martin though I’m sure Is anti Coventry at least. Look at his past performances when he’s reffed us.
WBA 2022 last season gives West Brom a dubious penalty in 90th minute.
2021 Luton gives penalty against JCS clearly 2 yards outside box. 5-0
2021 Luton gives penalty against McFadzean and sends him off when the ball hits his shoulder.2-0
2021 Fails to give penalty against Brentford when 10 yards from the incident but gives penalty because the linesman further away than him flags for it.
2020 QPR gives penalty against McFadzean which looks dubious with player running out of box.
So what are the odds of this? The only 5 matches he referees in a 2 year period involving City a penalty is involved in every match. The 1 for Coventry was given by the linesman not the referee. He has only given 10 penalties in that 2 year period in 44 championship matches but interestingly 5 of them have been in Coventry matches and it just so happens he only referred 5 matches.

pusbccfc

Wilson 7
Dabo 7
Doyle 8
McFadzean 8
Panzo 8
Bidwell 8
Sheaf 8
Allen 8
Palmer 9
Godden 5
Gyokeres 8

Eccles 6
Waghorn 6

Huge 3 points.

Bidwell again, brill

Happy

Agreed but would have Godden lower and an 8 for Wilson who was solid.

Godden offers nothing when he's not scoring.

Offhegoes

How Palmer gets anything less than an 8 is beyond me. His clever passing and flicks were brilliant. Very excited to see him and O’Hare link up soon.
Bit worried about this Vik & Godden partnership. Not working, and Godden hasn’t scored for 4 games. Surely he will go back to the box when O’Hare is fit, and he slots alongside Palme with Vik upfront.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

How Palmer gets anything less than an 8 is beyond me. His clever passing and flicks were brilliant. Very excited to see him and O’Hare link up soon.
Bit worried about this Vik & Godden partnership. Not working, and Godden hasn’t scored for 4 games. Surely he will go back to the box when O’Hare is fit, and he slots alongside Palme with Vik upfront.

I thought Palmer was very good today. Gyokeres clearly too good for us, our best player almost every game. Doyle had a very good game as did Panzo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

We will play the box midfield at Bristol city. That worked so well last year there. Hamer with 2 brilliant assists one for Maatsen who was playing AM in the Box. Palmer has really impressed me. He showed lots of energy and wanted to get stuck into tackles too.

rob9872

We will play the box midfield at Bristol city. That worked so well last year there. Hamer with 2 brilliant assists one for Maatsen who was playing AM in the Box. Palmer has really impressed me. He showed lots of energy and wanted to get stuck into tackles too.
Who else in the box then?

Users who are viewing this thread