Player ratings vs Middlesbrough (H) (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Why have you given an “anonymous” player a 6? You think Godden’s was an above average performance today? What does someone need to do to get a 1, 2 or 3 rating?

1 - Player starts game, throws up on team mate, gets sent off for double dissent in first five minutes

2 - Player throws up on opposition instead

3 - Player scores two own goals and celebrates.

eastwoodsdustman

Wilson 7
Bidwell 8 MOM
Dabo 7
Doyle 7
Panzo 7
Mcfadzean 7
Sheaf 6
Allen 7
Palmer 7
Godden 6.5
Gyokores 8

sub
Eccles 7
Waggy 6.5

Last edited:

shmmeee

Was it when he tried to kick it out and the ball nearly spinned over himself and he then headed it out for a throw in haha?
Saw McFadzean cracking up at that too

Thought he was pretty steady aside from that today

Yeah that’s the one. He’s like a ex girlfriend who cheated on you and comes back, there’s always that thought in the back of your mind, plus every three games she blows a doorman.

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

robbiethemole

Depends if someone touched the ball after Crooks was hit. If no one touched it then Martin was right. If someone else touched it after the ball hit Crooks then the drop ball should have been to us where the ball was last touched.

Martin though I’m sure Is anti Coventry at least. Look at his past performances when he’s reffed us.
WBA 2022 last season gives West Brom a dubious penalty in 90th minute.
2021 Luton gives penalty against JCS clearly 2 yards outside box. 5-0
2021 Luton gives penalty against McFadzean and sends him off when the ball hits his shoulder.2-0
2021 Fails to give penalty against Brentford when 10 yards from the incident but gives penalty because the linesman further away than him flags for it.
2020 QPR gives penalty against McFadzean which looks dubious with player running out of box.
So what are the odds of this? The only 5 matches he referees in a 2 year period involving City a penalty is involved in every match. The 1 for Coventry was given by the linesman not the referee. He has only given 10 penalties in that 2 year period in 44 championship matches but interestingly 5 of them have been in Coventry matches and it just so happens he only referred 5 matches.

Someone must have cleared it into our half cos it wouldn't have rebounded all that way off Crook's head, and Panzo trapped it

stupot07

Someone must have cleared it into our half cos it wouldn't have rebounded all that way off Crook's head, and Panzo trapped it
One of their defenders cleared it from in side their box, the ref indicated play was stopped whilst the balls was in mid-air before panzo touched the ball. It was the correct decision.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

rob9872

I'm not sure Kelly or Ohare are ready to start as they wernt even on the bench today. Unless its Eccles/Sheaf/Allen/Palmer.

Cant wait to get Hamer and Ohare back. Then that's one hell of a midfield in this division imo.
I'd agree when all fit, but even out of form Gooden is better attacking threat than Eccles imo. I think for Tuesday I'd stick with sane starting 11 if all have cone through unscathed and switch to the box forbBurnley if Callum fit.

As much as I thought Jamie was improved today, it would be a mouthwatering 4 for the box if it could be Sheaf, Hamer, O'Hare and Palmer. Back 5 as today, Vik up front. Be a match for most in this league.

rexo87

Vik taken for granted really. Is an absolutely outstanding forward. We are fairly one dimensional going forward without Ohare and Hamer. Just give something for Vik to chase. Back 3 absolutely magnificent, particularly Doyle playing on his unfavoured side

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Honestly I’d give Walker a go, Robins said he’s trained well. He’s also proven in pre-season he still has something so let’s give him a chance

Reactions: AOM

Brighton Sky Blue

One of their defenders cleared it from in side their box, the ref indicated play was stopped whilst the balls was in mid-air before panzo touched the ball. It was the correct decision.

Although from a practical perspective just wait for Panzo to touch it to avoid getting mobbed with complaints seconds later. The rule is stupid anyway but he didn’t need to exacerbate it.

Sky Blue Pete

I’d have to see it again as I think the ref stopped it way too quickly

Johhny Blue

Wilson 5 - nothing to do
Doyle 7 - brilliant performance
McFadzean 5
Panzo 4
Dabo 4
Bidwell 6
Sheaf 9 - different gravy
Allen 3 - League Two player
Palmer 8 - much needed improvement on O’Hare
Godden 1 - passenger
Gyokeres 5 - marked up for the goal, although it was a poor finish if we’re being honest

Subs
Waghorn 3 - get rid
Eccles 2 - lol
Have you seen the game yet?

Hertsccfc

It was a head injury though, the lad took Palmers freekick right in his face.

Yes he had to stop the game straight away. At the time it seemed a strange decision but it probably was right according to the rules. Referee knows more than fans shocker I guess.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Motm for me was Vik closely followed by Palmer.

The back 3 also get a lot of credit, couple of dodgy moments but collectively it worked pretty well. Corners are still a bit of a concern there were a couple of headers where Boro should have scored.

I didn't think that Sheaf, Allen and Godden influenced the game in great way. They ran around a lot, I wouldn't knock the effort or commitment but all looked off the level required in terms of quality

The rest were decent and overall a decent team performance, continue like that and we should be OK.

We should have put the game to bed in first half though

I know people focus on Vik getting tripped for a penalty to me it looked outside the box, but it was a foul. The one I would pick up on would be when the keeper had his arm around Gyokeres neck, spun him and hauled him to the ground. Clear sight for linesman and ref gave nothing.

Overall ref did not give a balanced performance especially second half, Gyokeres got very little out of him when the Boro defenders got away with a lot

Good solid confidence boosting performance and a deserved 3 points👍

rob9872

Would rather have a crap ref performance when we've won and its not affected the result. The stinkers are when the big decisions cost points.

Matt smith

Godden did nothing yesterday

doesn’t offer much unless he’s fed a chance he can’t create anything himself

would definitely drop him when COH is fit

Londonccfcfan

I'd agree when all fit, but even out of form Gooden is better attacking threat than Eccles imo. I think for Tuesday I'd stick with sane starting 11 if all have cone through unscathed and switch to the box forbBurnley if Callum fit.

As much as I thought Jamie was improved today, it would be a mouthwatering 4 for the box if it could be Sheaf, Hamer, O'Hare and Palmer. Back 5 as today, Vik up front. Be a match for most in this league.

I think your right stick and persist with Godden, until we have personal back to play a solid box midfield away from home.

WestEndAgro

Not going to individually rate, but lots of 7's could argue an 8 for Vik and a 5 for Godden.

stevefloyd

Bidwell is the one thats surprised me, it looks like his better twin brother is playing instead now, he has been very good and pretty solid too, Godden atm is contributing very little, he is a striker and I can't recall him having any attempt at goal yesterday, he is also offside nearly all the time trying to gain an extra yard. Without doubt he is a decent finisher but when he is having zero chances he is more or less a passenger...Allen is lively running about but doesn't seem to be able to break up play a lot of the time but atm he's the best we have apart from Eccles and the jury's still out on him but Palmer showed some class although got frustrated with that totally useless ref. Vik was class !

Last edited:

torchomatic

Wilson - 6 - a few good stops
Doyle - 6 - solid performance
Fadz- 6 - marshalled defence well
Panzo - 7
Dabo - 5. Great ball for goal but his passing is atrocious. At least twice he just passed into space. Would replace him in the summer.
Bidwell- 7 - continues to improve and impress.
Allen - 7 - Another busy performance
Sheaf - 5 - gives the ball away too often
Palmer - 7 - excellent game, could be some player for us
Godden - 5 - invisible
Gyokeres- 8 - great goal, great runs.

Eccles - 5 - Meh
Waghorn - 6 - always looks decent, but ten minutes here and there aren't going to do him or us any good.

pipkin73

Wilson 7 - in the right place at the right time so did not have to make a great save.
Doyle 7- not on his favoured side but getting better game by game
Fadz 8 - done his job well but an extra point as he is leading the kids on either side of him, could you imagine Rose helping Doyle and Panzo instead.
Panzo 7 - Solid enough but expecting more from him from our corners
Dabo 6.5 - . improving the more games he plays, we all know he needs a few to play himself back into form
Bidwell 8 - becoming the Rolls Royce Robbins said he was
Allen - 7 - so much better playing deep
Sheaf 6 - a class player, just not one of his better games
Palmer 8 - excellent game, him and O'Hare scare me in a good way.
Godden 6 - nothing set up for him, but still tried to break them down
Gyokeres 8 - great goal (he needs to do that more often (finish 1 on 1's) but seems to be improving. When he goes it will be a sad day.

We need to give O'Hare 5-8 games to get fit again, but when fit him and Palmer look sweet to me.

All things in, before the world cup we need to stay competitive, after the world cup, all teams basically start again.

If we keep our players then i think we could have a brilliant second half to it.

Hutch11

Wilson - 6 - a few good stops
Doyle - 6 - solid performance
Fadz- 6 - marshalled defence well
Panzo - 7
Dabo - 5. Great ball for goal but his passing is atrocious. At least twice he just passed into space. Would replace him in the summer.
Bidwell- 7 - continues to improve and impress.
Allen - 7 - Another busy performance
Sheaf - 5 - gives the ball away too often
Palmer - 7 - excellent game, could be some player for us
Godden - 5 - invisible
Gyokeres- 8 - great goal, great runs.

Eccles - 5 - Meh
Waghorn - 6 - always looks decent, but ten minutes here and there aren't going to do him or us any good.
Sheaf : Gave the ball away too often , gives would suggest he does it regularly which is just not the case, he is a class midfielder that had an off day

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Few harsh posters giving Sheaf a 5 I reckon. I was worried seeing us with that midfield 3, but they worked pretty well together. Also Sheaf's block in the 90th min from their breakaway probably secured us the points -

1664803978315.png

Users who are viewing this thread