Player Ratings vs Crewe (1 Viewer)

Evans1883

To be fair our strikers have again left us with the easy task of picking fault with other players when really, it boils down to them not finishing their chances , same v Carlisle and shrewsbury

Grendel

stupot07

I didnt say it did, just more dangerous than overhit crosses or blazing shots over the bar

Most of his crosses were good crosses in good areas..I think you need to get your eyes tested, it was Adams that over hit every cross he attempted,

stupot07

If you ever listened I would not need to such extremes

But nope. Mcsheffrey is always great in your eyes

Nothing to do with me listening or not, it's the fact I don't agree with you that you have a problem with.

McSheffrey is not always good in my eyes, he has bad and good games. He does good and bad things in most matches - today he ballooned a shot right footed high and wide when he should have crossed, but overall he did far more good than bad.

junglej13

I like adams but he was very poor tonight. I also cant believe some people think moussa played well. He was a passenger 1st half and got worse. In his defence I think his game is most impacted by the shit pitch. The right hand side offers twice as much threat as the left. I think sheffs days at the club could be numbered.

Why all the downers on Dunn? Couldn't really fault him for any of the goals and apart from those had very little to do. He also pulled off a very good save towards the end of the game.
Callum Ball needs to return to Derby asap as he offers absolutely nothing to the team. No physical presence for a big bloke and can't head a ball.

covcity4life

Why all the downers on Dunn? Couldn't really fault him for any of the goals and apart from those had very little to do. He also pulled off a very good save towards the end of the game.
Callum Ball needs to return to Derby asap as he offers absolutely nothing to the team. No physical presence for a big bloke and can't head a ball.

Sigh. Watch the goals before commenting

pusbccfc

Who's worse at crossing, Hussy or Adams:( so poor for such a good player.

Nick

Administrator
Nothing to do with me listening or not, it's the fact I don't agree with you that you have a problem with.

McSheffrey is not always good in my eyes, he has bad and good games. He does good and bad things in most matches - today he ballooned a shot right footed high and wide when he should have crossed, but overall he did far more good than bad.

I think what frustrates me most is the fact we know he can do it!

covboy9

Murphy 6- Missed his organizing, had nothing to do before injured
Christie 6- Good going forward, doesn't read the game defending
Adams 7- Constant threat down the left, great engine
Wood 7- Solid and commited
Edge 5- Lack of pace exposed
Baker 7- Heart and soul, unlucky
Sheff 7-Bright play, final ball not great
Moussa 5-Bad day for him, way off the pace
Jennnings 7-Worked hard, not much quality going forward
Elliot-6 looked likely, but missed chance
Clarke-5 King of the scuffs!on his heels alot! can he kick a ball?

Overall totally gutted, we were too gun-ho at 1nil down, home blues continue

Ash

My points on the game:
Thought Clarke, Moussa and Dunn were all dreadful. Baker had the beating of their full back all night and played some decent balls in the box. McSheffrey was hit annd miss as usual, does something great followed by something equally as terrible. Don't feel confident of the Wood/Edjenguele CB pairing. Astonishing how many chances we missed, could've had 5 or 6 on another day. And finally, think we all slightly underestimated Crewe a little bit, didn't set the world alight and were incredibly lucky with the chances we missed but they were very clinical when it mattered and thus are in a very strong position for the second leg.

KersleyDigs

Murphy - 6 Had nothing to do
Christie - 8 Very good tonight and will do well at a higher level if he is consistent
Wood - 5
Edjenguele - 4
Adams - 6
McSheffrey - 6
Moussa - 4
Jennings - 6
Baker - 6
Elliot - 7
Clarke - 4

Dunn - 0
Ball - 4
Bailey - Not on long enough to make an impact

CAMERON and either BAILEY or Thomas need to come back into the side. Wood and Edje are both too slow and Moussa is no box to box midfielder!

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

How mature of you.

Whilst I don't think it was the right vocabulary to use, I agree with his sentiment, you do overrate McSheffrey.

His crosses weren't great at all, however, I won't single him out, Adams had a way-off game crossing wise, Christie did ok, some good, some bad, frustratingly hit and miss, Baker was pretty shit crossing wise.

Most of our crosses were easy picking for their goalie, very stupid tactics for us!

Mucca Mad Boys

Murphy - 6
Christie - 5
Wood - 5
Edj - 5
Adams - 6 (just)
Baker - 6 (just) but should've been subbed, clearly not over his injury
Jennings - 5
Moussa - 4 how many times have I said he can't play CM in a 4-4-2!?
Sheff - 5
Elliott - 6
Clarke - 5 one of those strikers who is effective when he has chances, but didn't get many today.

Subs:
Dunn -0 made 4 touches, with 3 of them picking the ball out of the net, responsible for their last 2, and his only save, he made the most of it. In a way, I'm glad this shuts up people like TruESkyBlueLiam who blames Murphy for every goal we concede and says Dunn should start, his expert analysis on Dunn will be interesting, if be gives one!
Ball - 4 why the fuck was this sub made!?
Bailey - too little too late, almost pointless sub, should've brought him on way earlier and switch back to our normal system

MR - took risks, didn't pay off, is accountable for today's horror show, tactics were wrong, left subs too late and didn't make the right subs.

I'd rather get humiliated to Crewe and beat Yeovil than vice versa, so lets hope we bloody win on Saturday!

Last edited:

dadgad

We played really well for 75 mins should have been 4-1 up by then
The last 15 were a shambles, you could see going into the last 15 they were desperate to win still an started making mistakes, we went to gung ho in the last 15 mins. The players forgot there was a second leg. 0-1 would have gave us a chance in the second leg
This is true. We lost our shape and discipline. Christie particularly.
I thought Jennings was our most consistent player.
Crewe rode their luck and then taught us a harsh lesson. Their no. 10 looks useful.

stupot07

Murphy 7
Christie 7
Wood 6
Edge6
Adams 6
Baker 7
Moussa 5
Jennings 6
Sheff 7
Clarke 6
Elliott 7

Dunn 6
Bailey 6
Ball 5

Otis

Murphy 7
Christie 7
Wood 6
Edge6
Adams 6
Baker 7
Moussa 5
Jennings 6
Sheff 7
Clarke 6
Elliott 7

Dunn 6
Bailey 6
Ball 5

Would say that is pretty much spot on Stu. Though I would have given Elliot a 6 rather than a 7.

:)

Brighton Sky Blue

Murphy - 6
Christie - 5
Wood - 5
Edj - 5
Adams - 6 (just)
Baker - 6 (just) but should've been subbed, clearly not over his injury
Jennings - 5
Moussa - 4 how many times have I said he can't play CM in a 4-4-2!?
Sheff - 5
Elliott - 6
Clarke - 5 one of those strikers who is effective when he has chances, but didn't get many today.

Subs:
Dunn -0 made 4 touches, with 3 of them picking the ball out of the net, responsible for their last 2, and his only save, he made the most of it. In a way, I'm glad this shuts up people like TruESkyBlueLiam who blames Murphy for every goal we concede and says Dunn should start, his expert analysis on Dunn will be interesting, if be gives one!
Ball - 4 why the feck was this sub made!?
Bailey - too little too late, almost pointless sub, should've brought him on way earlier and switch back to our normal system

MR - took risks, didn't pay off, is accountable for today's horror show, tactics were wrong, left subs too late and didn't make the right subs.

I'd rather get humiliated to Crewe and beat Yeovil than vice versa, so lets hope we bloody win on Saturday!

A choice between humiliation to Yeovil or Crewe? Lovely jubbly.

Stevec189

sheff better than elliott? give over

Elliott missed two glorious chances in the first half which any half decent striker should put away and Crewe did! For me that is his problem! The whole team including the manager got carried away by the occasion and that was the problem! Onwards and hopefully upwards PUSB,

Murphy 7 - did well with the little he had to do. You have to wonder what would have happened if he stayed on
Christie 7 - decent crosses but still needs improvement
Edje 5 - had a shocker
Wood 5 - not any better than Edje
Adams 8 - Solid game, linked up well with Sheffers
Baker 8 - most dedicated player on that pitch. Gave his all and thats all we can ask
Jenno 7 - did well but his game was uneventful
Moussa 3 - worst outfield player who started. Needs to pick up his game. Should have started Bailey
Sheffers 7 - some mistakes with crosses but he was dedicated and worked his ass off so he did well IMO
Elliott 8 - Great pressence up front. Nearly scored so many times. Would have got a hat-trick if the keeper wasnt so good
Clarke 7 - Decent game. Got into some greta positions

Subs
Dunn - doesnt even deserve a rating. Worst goal keeping performance i ever seen. He only made one save, ad he didnt eed to amke it as t was going over anyway
Ball 2 - worse than useless. Fucked up our attack. Should have kept Elliott on
Bailey 6 - made a hell of a difference when he came on, but his introduction was far too late

covcity4life

Elliott missed two glorious chances in the first half which any half decent striker should put away and Crewe did! For me that is his problem! The whole team including the manager got carried away by the occasion and that was the problem! Onwards and hopefully upwards PUSB,

whcih 2 glorious chances?

i remeber the magnificent back heel shot, which he made him self,wasnt wasted at all.

Otis

Glad the vast majority cottoned on to the fact that Moussa was poor.

You just needed to have looked past the times when he was on the ball running at their defence and trying to look majestic, and focus on his dreadful final ball and delivery.

And yep, I did think Sheff had a better game than Elliot personally.

Thought a couple of corners of Sheff's were excellent, as were a couple of crosses and his free kick was awfully close too.

Sheff and Baker for me looked our two most dangerous players.

Grendel

Mcsheffery had his best game for ages. To suggest otherwise would suggest an agenda. SBT giving him a 5 tells us some do have an agenda.

covcity4life

i gave him a 6

he delayed final ball alot and didnt get many shots on target

dribbling was better today though

Users who are viewing this thread